S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Compustar my star product.

Old 11-13-2006, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Compustar my star product.

Hey guys, im a newbie to this forum and live in the santa clara area, have bumped into a couple members on this forum. Just wanted to share this story of my car.

I own a 06 s2000 black. A few days ago, i had installed the compustar 2wfm-as pager security at the works in santa clara. Glenn and Kevin there were nice guys and helped me out with it. 2 days since i had the installation, about 5.00am one thursday the alarm goes off. The car is parked in my apartment complex, which is not gated ;( and is about 150 mts away from me.

I run over to the car and two guys (6ft, about 200 > pounds each) are vandalizing my car. One guy already got in and was remove the ecu from under the steering wheel, this other guy was working under the trunk where i had a JL audio amp and a subcedded woofer.

So i start running towards them shouting and then they start running away from me... as soon as i realized that it was a bad idea to run behind them i stopped near my car till my roommate showed up.

We called the cops and they showed up and did the whole nine yards (finger prints, dogwalk etc).

The car has been at the dealers place for about a week and a half now and the ecu is dead, had to replace that.

I think im moving away from the apartment finally to a place with a garage ..
Old 11-13-2006, 04:44 PM

Damn that sucks to hear. Good luck.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:46 PM

compustar is awesome. i install them everyday. the new pro 2 way spread spectrum autosatart/alarm is one of the first things i'm putting in my s2k when i get it.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:17 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

i used to have compustar in my legend a couple years back

is it possible to install the compustar remote start in the s2k?
Old 11-13-2006, 08:10 PM

Thanks guys !

Minh, i was told that there is a reservation mode that could remote start manual transmission cars. if you call the tech support at first-tech they should know right away..

good luck Minh!..
Old 11-13-2006, 09:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

might be a dumb question, but does remote start work even with push start cars like the s2k? i know they work for manual cars, just be sure not to leave it in gear when you park which is a habit for some people.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:43 PM

Im not sure ej3, Glenn the guy who installed my unit left the remote start unconnected on my request. Ill have to ask him tomorrow, ill call him and update you guys tomorrow...
Old 11-14-2006, 04:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ej3ffrey,Nov 14 2006, 01:40 AM
might be a dumb question, but does remote start work even with push start cars like the s2k?
Why not? The push button is a switch just like the extra turn of the key on any other car. It's all just wires behind the dash.

i know they work for manual cars, just be sure not to leave it in gear when you park which should be a habit for all people.
I corrected the last statement for you.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:09 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

w00w~ how much did the whole alarm system and install cost you? I really don't like the OEM Honda alarm. It's not even from Honda, but some crappy American company I've never heard of. I'm not sure if I got gyped or not.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:51 AM

Received 197 Likes on 137 Posts

The Compustar remote start works fine in the S, but you have to get out of the car while its running to arm the system and allow remote starts, so the car cannot be left in gear.

Quick Reply: Compustar my star product.