S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

CompuStar Pro alarm with remote starter ?

Old 09-24-2007, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CompuStar Pro alarm with remote starter ?

I have a CompuStar Pro alarm with remote starter. I haven't used the remote starter option much until this past weekend. I noticed when I remote start it the AC (and that entire set of controls) is dead until I get in and put the key in place. It will start, run and warm up the engine, but as for cooling the interior by leaving the AC on when turning it off so it will be running when you remote start it back on again, it is a no go.

Anyone have this set up in their S? Can anyone tell me if this is a just limitation of the alarm/starter, or if the shop I had do it just installed it wrong?
Thanks for the help,
Old 09-24-2007, 11:37 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I am not sure if it is a limitation or a mistaken install.

However, I can say that remote start on a manual transmission car is a BAD idea.

I know the compustar has a ritual to perform to ensure the car is not in gear, however, it has been seen here MANY times that the handbrake is NOT sufficent to hold the car in place. If search worked better, I could find you many threads about people relying on just the handbrake and having their car roll away on them.

PLEASE, park your cars IN GEAR and set the handbrake.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:57 AM

I am very afraid of this situation, and therefore very careful of when I use it. As a default I always park in gear.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:47 AM

Received 107 Likes on 85 Posts

Hey to the OP.......i had 2 compustars......its the installer......when you turn on the car, those should turn on. the installer mucked up....you can even have it set up with the stereo coming on or not until you put the key in and turn it on.

Compustar is a VERY good company and a very good remote start/alarm. i'm purchasing mine next month..

to comment on the the remote start on a manual car......your right...it can be dangerous. but if you maintain your e brake and keep it tight and park on flatter surfaces......your good. besides......the car wont even start if its in gear.....VIPER....is the one your gonna have to worry about as they dont make them for manual cars as of yet and if you leave it in gear, it WILL lung.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey when u or the installer installed the alarm did you install a byspass model because we have the chipped key or something...
Thanks
Old 09-26-2007, 06:19 AM

OK thanks for the info, I have them scheduled to take a look at it this coming Mon, so I will post up what happens after.

On the bypass/key question. They had a module they used so I did not have to give up a key.

When I got my 03 accord and had an auto starter put on it, they took my valet key and wired it in, but they had a module to do it for the S.

thanks again everyone,
Old 09-26-2007, 06:46 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KSandy,Sep 25 2007, 11:47 AM
to comment on the the remote start on a manual car......your right...it can be dangerous. but if you maintain your e brake and keep it tight and park on flatter surfaces......your good. besides......the car wont even start if its in gear.....VIPER....is the one your gonna have to worry about as they dont make them for manual cars as of yet and if you leave it in gear, it WILL lung.
I am not AS worried about the car starting in gear. Read some of the stories here:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...43&hl=handbrake

and

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...58&hl=handbrake

and

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...24&hl=handbrake

It's much more about NOT parking in gear being a problem with these cars.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:51 AM

ok since it looks like non of you here have actually installed on here's what they did wrong.... they didn't hook up your accessory wire , or hooked up the wrong accessory wire , which is why your air isn't working when it's remote started....
Old 09-26-2007, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by imdarkrider,Sep 26 2007, 06:51 AM
ok since it looks like non of you here have actually installed on here's what they did wrong.... they didn't hook up your accessory wire , or hooked up the wrong accessory wire , which is why your air isn't working when it's remote started....
This is what I have been told on a few occasions now. They just did it wrong. I am sure they can/will fix it, they seem to be stand up guys.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:37 AM

yea just tell them to relay the second ignition wire.

Quick Reply: CompuStar Pro alarm with remote starter ?