S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLP!

Old 04-28-2005, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLP!

I just purchased the Alpine hardwire dash control specifically for the S2000 from the UK. However, the installers Best Buy/Circuit City are telling me that they aren't sure how to hook it up or don't see the adequate connections to install it. The Alpine 9853 is supposedly "ready" for the dash interface. You have to supply the interface.

Does anyone have any info on what to do? Thanks!!!!
Old 04-28-2005, 03:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my first guess would be -- check the manual? not trying to be a jerk, but that would be my first move. maybe check the Alpine site for the European equivalent to the 9853, and see if they have a manual for it? (perhaps it includes instructions?)

have you looked at the back of the HU?

i'll do my best to help you out... can you post a picture of what you have? including a closeup of the back of the HU? also please post a pic of any wiring and or harnessess, w/ connections visible.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:56 PM

manual for the 9853R is here: http://www.restricted.alpine-electronics.c...DA-9853R_EN.pdf

it shows a small plug between the harness and AINet plugs where the steering wheel adapter goes. (pg 43 label 21)

manual for the 9853 (american version) is located here: http://www.restricted.alpine-electronics.c...DA-9853R_EN.pdf

on page 45 it shows the same plug and is labeled 20 in this case.
[QUOTE]20
Old 04-28-2005, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did check the manual and they figured out where to plug it in on the back of the HU. They are stumped at the connection point to the wires coming from the dash control column. Should it just plug right into the back of the dash control column or do they have to splice wires. One guy from BB also said that the female end of the Alpine DCI was actually for VW and not for Honda. I spent $95 bucks for the Alpine DCI harness and it would really suck if they had to cut wires to make something fit when this DCI is supposed to be a simple plug in and hardwire (so I thought).

I'm not comfortable digginig in and rippin' my dash apart to do this thing. I typically leave to you junkies who know how to tear apart a dash, install a HU, and what wires go where. I just drive and press play! Any help is still appreciated and I will try to get pix up if my problem is still unsolved.

BT
Old 04-29-2005, 05:50 AM

well, i've met CC and BB installers in the past... unless you've got a diamond in the coal, i wouldn't trust them. there was a time (10+ years ago) when CC installers had to go through extensive training before they were put on the floor... no so anymore.

post some pics of what you have, and we'll try to help you out. based on the info you're giving me/us -- i just can't help more. i have electronic manuals that say you should be good, and you've got a guy saying you're not... w/o some more info - i can't help.

also
wires coming from the dash control column
??? dash control column? there really should be only 1 harness that they are working with here...

where's Germantown? do you have a junkie nearby who could help?