S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Help wiring RCA's

Old 04-25-2013, 09:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help wiring RCA's

My deck only has 2 RCA outputs (one red and one white) and I'm bridging my 4 channel amp to power two speakers. My amp has 4 RCA outputs (1 for each channel). What is the plug configuration that I use for the RCA's? If it matters I have a positive wire on channel 1, negative on channel 2, positive on channel 3, negative on channel 4. Am I suppose to get some sort of Y splitter for the RCA's?
Old 04-26-2013, 05:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IHoP
My deck only has 2 RCA outputs (one red and one white) and I'm bridging my 4 channel amp to power two speakers. My amp has 4 RCA outputs (1 for each channel). What is the plug configuration that I use for the RCA's? If it matters I have a positive wire on channel 1, negative on channel 2, positive on channel 3, negative on channel 4. Am I suppose to get some sort of Y splitter for the RCA's?
What is your amp model? The answer depends on the amp design, but typically, you only need to use the front channel inputs and outputs when the amp is in bridged mode and leave the rear inputs and outputs alone.

For the inputs, just run the R/L RCAs to the RCA inputs of the amp. For the outputs, each channel should have either a separate positive and negative wire connector or else a single RCA plug (the center hole of the RCA is positive and the metal outer surface is negative). It sounds like your trying to connect the bare speaker wires to the RCA plugs directly?

If you can reply with the amp model, it will be much easier to walk you through it.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:19 PM

I'm using an Alpine PDX-F4. I'm not using bare speaker wire to the RCA plugs. I have the RCA cables running from my headunit to the amp and speaker wires from the doors to the amp.

So since my positive speaker wires are connected to channel 1 and 3 on the amp outputs, I connect the 2 RCA plugs to the channel 1 and 3 inputs (the circular plugs)? (The outputs on the amp are labeled by channel so I don't know which channels are the front inputs.)
Old 04-26-2013, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IHoP
I'm using an Alpine PDX-F4. I'm not using bare speaker wire to the RCA plugs. I have the RCA cables running from my headunit to the amp and speaker wires from the doors to the amp.

So since my positive speaker wires are connected to channel 1 and 3 on the amp outputs, I connect the 2 RCA plugs to the channel 1 and 3 inputs (the circular plugs)? (The outputs on the amp are labeled by channel so I don't know which channels are the front inputs.)
Ah, I misunderstood - the manual shows the speaker connector adapters (Fig. 8) you're talking about. So yes, your output wire config is correct. For inputs, yes, you need Y adapters so each pair of amp channels gets the same pair of output signals. See Fig. 12 of manual

Here's the
Right channel from HU: Split with Y adapter, plug into RCA inputs 1 and 2
Left channel from HU: Split with Y adapter, plug into RCA inputs 3 and 4

Right speaker: Pos speaker wire to pos terminal of output 1, neg speaker wire to neg terminal of output 2
Left speaker: Pos speaker wire to pos terminal of output 3, neg speaker wire to neg terminal of output 4

Here's the manual link if you don't have a copy
http://support.alpine-usa.com/produc...0PDX-F6_F4.pdf
Old 04-28-2013, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by JD NC
Originally Posted by IHoP' timestamp='1367007578' post='22502205

Ah, I misunderstood - the manual shows the speaker connector adapters (Fig. 8) you're talking about. So yes, your output wire config is correct. For inputs, yes, you need Y adapters so each pair of amp channels gets the same pair of output signals. See Fig. 12 of manual

Here's the
Right channel from HU: Split with Y adapter, plug into RCA inputs 1 and 2
Left channel from HU: Split with Y adapter, plug into RCA inputs 3 and 4

Right speaker: Pos speaker wire to pos terminal of output 1, neg speaker wire to neg terminal of output 2
Left speaker: Pos speaker wire to pos terminal of output 3, neg speaker wire to neg terminal of output 4

Here's the manual link if you don't have a copy
http://support.alpine-usa.com/produc...0PDX-F6_F4.pdf

Thank you sir!