S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Horn blows constantly and tail lights stuck on

Old 02-06-2015, 07:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horn blows constantly and tail lights stuck on

So a moment ago I went out to do some work on my S, and pushed the seat back. As I pushed the seat back the horn turned on, and a loud solid tone started inside the cabin (the "beep" noise, but a single sustained tone). I assumed the alarm system had been set off for some reason (I didn't even know my factory alarm worked... I've never used it), so I pulled the seat back up, got out, pulled the horn relay out to shut it up, and went back. However, pressing the alarm cutoff button under the dash (I'm assuming that's what that is?) didn't do anything to stop the buzzing in the cabin, and when I closed the door, it stopped (and then started when I opened it again).

Starting the car and turning it off didn't do anything either (the horn still blows non-stop if I put the relay back in).

Any ideas, or troubleshooting steps you'd recommend? I still feel like it has to be something to do with the alarm, since that's all that's under the drivers side seat as far as I know (unless it starting right when I rolled the seat back was coincidence). I'm going to go back out right now and see if I can get the seat out / unplug whatever's under there.

Looks like the electrical gremlin's are hard at work in my car.

EDIT: Just noticed that the buzzing only happens when I open the drivers side door. If it were the alarm system malfunctioning, I'd think it would happen with either door (and the horn just blows constantly no matter what).

Also just realized that it's not the alarm under the drivers seat, but the keyless entry. Can't see anything wrong with that anyways, so I guess pushing the seat back right when it started was just a coincidence.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also just noticed that the tail lights are on constantly (which explains the constant tone playing inside the cabin). I pulled the fuse under the dash to save my battery for tomorrow, but I can't figure out where the horn and taillight circuit would be shorting...

UPDATE: While driving home last night after dark, I put the tail light fuse back in. When I got home I was going to remove it, but when I killed the car the tail lights went off properly as well. Haven't had a chance to check if the horn problem has magically fixed itself yet. Looks like the problem is transient.

Also, can a mod possibly move this to under the hood? My mistake; looks like this subforum is more for specific electronic gadgets; I'd never posted here before. Thanks.