S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

I don't get it.... i just don't get it

Old 12-25-2007, 08:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I don't get it.... i just don't get it

Guys, i have a huge problem.

So i just finished installing a cliford rsx 3.5 on my s2000, and i also installed a dei 530T (530t was bought it used off ebay!) to roll down and up the window with the remote.

I have 2 major problems:

1) When i press the auxilary button, the driver window goes down just fine, but the passenger window does not work. The passenger window does go up however... it just won't come down!

I checked the wires with a multimeter, and the one giving me a 0 when activiated is the one that is connected to the down wire of the passenger side window motor. That wire, when i press down, gives 0V. It is strange because the power from the switch, when pressed down, shows 12V, but the wire from the Dei 530T that goes to the passenger side window down wire, gives 0 volts.... i don't understand why this is.... I am thinking that it could be a problem with the DEI 530T as everything else seems to check out... what do you guys think?

2) The windows are supposed to roll up when the alarm is activated (so when i lock up the car, the windows are supposed to roll up). They don't do this. If i lock the car, nothing happens. Then when i unlock it, they windows roll up. This is strange as they should roll up when the car is locked by the remote. I connected the orange wire of the DEI 530T: - ground when armed to the clifford orange wire: - 500ma continuous ground while car is armed.

I am thinking that i have to change this connection to some other one on the Clifford that would give a single negative pulse when armed... perhaps the - factory rearm.

What do you guys think? of all this?

Problem #2 is not major, i just have to go pock around with the multimeter and look for the right wire. Problem #1 however is major!! Please help me out.

David
Old 12-27-2007, 12:40 AM

can anyone answer me??? come on guys... i'm stuck here
Old 12-27-2007, 08:30 PM
Banned

Do you have the older 530t with the dipswitches on the side? I havent done window control in a while so my memory is a bit rusty...I could be wrong but I thought the dipswitch settings had something to do with the windows rolling up on lock/arm and functioning properly.

If not, is the gnd out when locked/armed operating properly? Does it rest at 12v then go to ground when armed? If there is no change in polarity and the dipswitches arent the problem, that could be.

To check why the pass window wont go down, switch the wiring. Put the drivers side wiring from the 530t (that you know works) on the pass. side wiring. If the problem persists it's not the module. If the window starts working, the module could be defective. Also, check the dipswitches if you have the older one. If they arent 100% set exact, the module wont work properly.

All I can think of at the moment