S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

ICELED Underbody LED System

Old 04-22-2004, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have to agree with MrV

I have the ICELED UFO (Under Floor Option) kit fitted and the demo video, although a very good representation of the kits abilities, is nothing like having the real thing dancing away in front of (or beneath) you.

I have the lighting under the car and behind the wheels (in the arches) and also going up through the bottom of the headlight lens, which looks really cool when your headlights are off.

I love this kit to death, you can do so much with it, colour changes and sequences are smoooooth, fading in and out in time to whatever music you like, or you can have it strobe and party.

Even has a 'Legal' mode, showing white to the front, red to the rear, and amber to the sides. Just point your remote and away you go !

Oh, and I dont have anything to do with the company except love its products !
Old 04-22-2004, 01:38 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, can it be programmed to do turn signals? Like left side blinking when you are making a left?
Old 04-22-2004, 01:57 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dr. WOT
R-ICELED
Old 04-22-2004, 02:07 PM
Muz
Former Sponsor

Old 04-22-2004, 02:07 PM

wow! that would be a SUPER distraction for any other driver on the road but it would definitely look cool if youre having a party in a parking lot and you need lighting
Old 04-22-2004, 02:11 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont get me wrong, if used on the street, its ghey and rice a roni, but at a show, its PIMP!
Old 04-23-2004, 01:49 PM

oh man I want this too, its pretty cool
Old 04-24-2004, 05:05 PM

wow, for as anti-rice as I am, that's actually kinda cool. Plus, the track was pretty sweet.
Old 04-24-2004, 10:14 PM

Hi guys - sorry I have been having pc problems and couldnt get back in.

NFRs2000NYC - Indicator use ?
No idea mate if if can do that, I expect with some creative wiring it could be done though, I am no wizard with electrics so couldnt say.

Also -

"Flowerpotter, I was wondering, can you create your own templates and save them for later use? I really like the all around blue then the white like over lapping it going around the car. You know which one I'm talking about? "

You mean the pattern with the single white dot running round the car?
Yes mate - you can edit the colours to whatever you like for the background colour to this effect, I think the White is a fixed colour though, and whatever background colour you choose is remembered, so next time you choose to run that pattern it stays at whatever colour you set it to.

You can edit the colours for all of the patterns to your own preference except for the 'street mode' pattern which I believe is a fixed pattern.

Best bet for any detailed questions is to register in the ICELED forum, you dont have to have the kit or buy anything, but the guys there are very friendly, we all like to sing the praises of our kit of course, and ideas and tips for use can all be found there.

It is quite expensive, as people have said, but I have been to see them being made, and we are not talking robot manufacture here, the kits are put together by hand. And there is a significant amount of electronic circuitry and wizardry involved about which I know nothing !!

In fact - anyone near Bournemouth today?
Burnin Bournemouth at Matchams raceway is today, and I have offered to drive the van for the ICELED team so they can take their cars down, theywill have a stand there, so go take a look !!
Think it starts around 6pm
Old 04-26-2004, 11:49 AM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I really like the strobing and chasing strobe going around the car. Not too enamoured with all the colors. The soft fading is pretty nice as well!

Quick Reply: ICELED Underbody LED System