S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Kinetic Autosports - Let down, big time

Old 06-22-2007, 11:20 AM
kix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kinetic Autosports - Let down, big time

So... it seems like no sub box for me. I placed an order on April 25 and never heard from John again. I know others who had his phone # probably got better service but I feel, as a buyer, cheated.

About 40 days from payment without any replies from my e-mails I decide to open a pay pal esclataion (you need to do this within 40days or you forfiet your ability to open a claim). After a week without any responses, I escalate it to Paypal so I can get a refund. Well fast forward to today, I got $45.46 back out of the $317.00 I paid because the seller had insufficent funds. Man that made me sick.

I dont know about you others but this is piss poor service. Sure he may have god like status here but there are certain responsabilities that need to be taken into account when you become a seller. THe very least that should've been done was to let all his customers know of his situation personally and address any issues that arised as a result of it instead of unreplied e-mails, news that trickles down by word of mouth, and incomplete refunds. I want to say he lost a customer for life but it seems he already made his $270 profit from me.

Old 06-22-2007, 11:28 AM

Wow, that surprises me. I know he has been a bit behind but that is crazy. Hopefully he or someone he knows will chime in for an update.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:45 AM

John is a good guy and will probably work something out with you as soon as he gets his own stuff taken care of. I can understand the frustration....trust me I'd be pissed as well....but knowing John, I would not be worried. Things should all work out in the end. Keep patient man, but sorry for your inconvienence.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:43 PM

I would not worry. I am still waiting for a response to either a PM or an email for some custom work I commissioned a few weeks back. All I want is communication, and I must agree that he has been lacking in that area as of late.

John
Old 06-22-2007, 04:51 PM

good guy or not.. shouldn't be accepting orders if you can't handle it...
Old 06-22-2007, 05:15 PM

someones selling at JL stealth box on here for $400 bux you should pick that up , its better than there crap anyways
Old 06-22-2007, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by imdarkrider,Jun 22 2007, 09:15 PM
someones selling at JL stealth box on here for $400 bux you should pick that up , its better than there crap anyways

I am not going to touch the issue brought up in the original post, but saying that the boxes are crap is just plain ignorant. Have you ever owned one? I have been into car audio more than half my life and I am more than satisfied with my Kinetic box and sub combo. They are built very strong, hit hard as all hell and are pressure fit. Very interested to know what makes them "crap"? Enlighten me.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:24 PM

lol my friend , I own a custom shop.... I work on hiiighhh end cars.... your half life in audio is worthless to me. Let me tell you why there crap. They are trying to sell an MDF box , that is boxed to 3 different steps which is acousticly crap , sound bouncing around in every cornor of that box in comparision to a JL box , which is fiberglassed to fit that space solidly , not a V shape , or Stepdown like they design. Now , they have $25 in mdf , and they sell there product for a rediuclous price. Secondly they use alphasonic , I don't even need to go there but a Sub that has a Cost of $15 shipped for dealers isn't a sub you should be proud of selling. Now , heres some work I just did to a higher end car tell me what about this is crap???
Old 06-22-2007, 07:51 PM

I would not start slinging photos.... There are some people on here that can go toe to toe with just about anyone.... And we do not want to start a pissing contest.... Nice beauty trim on that porsche! Classy.

I do agree on the order load issue, an update on his situation should have been given to all his customers with a back-order date.

As far as John's boxes go, he offers both fiberglass and MDF boxes. The MDF ones are for people on a budget, and I dont think he charge over $200-225 for those (any local shop around my parts charges $250 base for a custom MDF enclosure).

John
Old 06-22-2007, 09:25 PM

is that a cayman?>

Quick Reply: Kinetic Autosports - Let down, big time