S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Kinetic Autosports - Let down, big time

Old 06-23-2007, 07:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your setup in that Boxster looks similar to depenmma's (sp?) setup. He has a full CF enclosure where he removed the convertible top (tray area) and is running a HT only.

He also has a full Barringer (sp?) EQ that is molded into his dash.... They are also 6" drivers.

As far as custom work goes, I would like to see someone offer a foot-well sub enclosure combined with one of the Pioneer Slim-line subs...

We should keep this thread up, and hopefully John will chime in and give us an update. I am not saying this delay is unreasonable, but communication of circumstances could have been handled better.

Thanks

John
Old 06-23-2007, 08:03 AM

JL has the new slim line subs coming out so can't wait for those... footwell work in what??
Old 06-23-2007, 09:43 AM

ive seen a few footwell subs on here. Not necessarily with pioneer slim line, but a footwell sub none-the-less.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:17 PM

Footwell sub for the S2k. Fiberglass the front portion of the passenger footwell with a more angled beauty board than what is already there. The sub can then have a grill installed, and the OEM carpeting just laid back over the top. It only takes an inch or so out of the passenger footspace, and it is at the VERY front.

There are a few pics in the gallery. I want to say Modifry had something like this at one point...

I have seen it with regular shallow-mount subs, but the slim-line subs make it that much more practical. And seeing as the sub is in the cabin, you will not need nearly as much speaker or wattage compared to a trunk sub.

John
Old 06-23-2007, 07:29 PM

I'll make a kick panels with a jl W0 6'' woofer to test fit.... and once I get the demo in for the new slim line sub i'll give it a shot to see how the footwell one works out
Old 06-23-2007, 09:50 PM

imdark..lets be honest..most ppl who do systems always doo the * cheap route*

u dont know how many pms i got from ppl saying that my price is too much...that it should be in the 325 range.....

its really depressing since ppl dont know the price of a QUALITY product!

u pay waht u get for...espically when u only get 45 back..

sorry man..hope shit works out for u...

Old 06-25-2007, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by imdarkrider,Jun 23 2007, 04:18 AM
I was in no means saying that his box was no an affordable solution , I was just stating that someone had a Stealthbox on here for cheaper than what this guy was going to end up paying. I'm just not impressed with his stuff. When I charge someone 250 to do a box in an s2k I don't cut cornors like he has done. So it just sickens me that he makes so much money off the people on this forum with work that could be so much better for the same profit he makes now.
Its a buisness, hes in it to make money. He doesnt force people to buy his products.

He does feed a lot of crap though. I love the fact that there is a sticky that says "dont post incorrect facts" but this forum is full of it. I guess thats whats happens when you have mods that are partial to certain products and favoritism towards certain people.

But hey... Its called "sales" whatever you need to say or do to make money.

Personally, i charge by the hour, $100/hour. If it takes 6 hours to build you a box, guess what... its $600. A lot of people will call that a rip off. Theyre mainly paying for my knowledge and my experience in building high quality SQ systems.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by imdarkrider,Jun 22 2007, 09:24 PM
lol my friend , I own a custom shop.... I work on hiiighhh end cars.... your half life in audio is worthless to me. Let me tell you why there crap. They are trying to sell an MDF box , that is boxed to 3 different steps which is acousticly crap , sound bouncing around in every cornor of that box in comparision to a JL box , which is fiberglassed to fit that space solidly , not a V shape , or Stepdown like they design. Now , they have $25 in mdf , and they sell there product for a rediuclous price. Secondly they use alphasonic , I don't even need to go there but a Sub that has a Cost of $15 shipped for dealers isn't a sub you should be proud of selling. Now , heres some work I just did to a higher end car tell me what about this is crap???
Beautiful work
Old 06-25-2007, 11:34 AM

thanks
Old 06-25-2007, 12:09 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got off the phone with John (Darkknight1999) and let him know there were a few people not happy with this customer service. He said he would get on line and check it out.

I'm sure these will all get resolved.

Quick Reply: Kinetic Autosports - Let down, big time