S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Kinetic Autosports - Let down, big time

Old 06-23-2007, 02:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel I have to chime in on this as well because I ordered my box 2 days after Kix, and I have received no update whatsoever as well. I ordered from John because of the numerous accolades and praise that he has been given for his work from others on s2ki. Now whether or not his boxes are built shotty, or overpriced is not something I can comment on, but I feel it is wrong for someone to go out of his way to personally attack John and his work.

Darkrider, from the work on that Porsche, it's fairly obvious that you're used to dealing with HEAVY customization for top of the line cars and sound systems. That being said, John never claims that his boxes are the be-all-end-all of sub boxes for s2ks. He offers a product and service at what he feels is a reasonable price. If you don't think it's good, then don't buy it. There's no reason to attack the guy and try to ruin his reputation and business, especially when tons of people are willing to vouch for the quality of his work.

I'm sure John is a standup guy, with no intention of scamming people, just circumstances beyond his control have kept him busy. Do I feel that's a legitimate reason for the way he has handled his business and orders? No. He could have, at the very least, informed all pending orders about what was going to happen. And in all honesty, I wanted to buy that stealth box for 400 that darkrider is talking about, but not when I know that I've already paid someone for something similar, and have received no word or compensation. I do wish him the best though, and I sincerely hope he works this out for everyone involved.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:52 AM
Community Organizer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Great post....I hope things work out quickly for all parties.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:06 AM
Community Organizer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by imdarkrider,Jun 22 2007, 09:24 PM
lol my friend , I own a custom shop.... I work on hiiighhh end cars.... your half life in audio is worthless to me. Let me tell you why there crap.
Great....and judging by the pics...nice work too. However, attempting to compare quality (build, design or SQ) for a sub solution in a convertible is laughable.

As others have pointed out, this is a budget sub solution. His product fits a market need and is priced on demand, LABOR and materials.

Price wise DK is the best solution short of building your own.

It seems like there is a market opportunity for you to provide a cheaper solution....how about making and sellin FG boxes for cheap $$?
Old 06-23-2007, 04:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was in no means saying that his box was no an affordable solution , I was just stating that someone had a Stealthbox on here for cheaper than what this guy was going to end up paying. I'm just not impressed with his stuff. When I charge someone 250 to do a box in an s2k I don't cut cornors like he has done. So it just sickens me that he makes so much money off the people on this forum with work that could be so much better for the same profit he makes now.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:31 AM

You should go get a job with Unique Autosport. You are the man!!
Heck, you'de be perfect, don't they hire some kid with a bad attitude just about every week for entertainment purposes?

If you feel so bad for S2000 owners everywhere who have been spending too much on boxes, why don't you get a sponsorship and start selling some of your really high quality boxes for a reasonable price. I am sure everyone will buy them.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:36 AM

lol I don't have a bad additude , I just don't like it when people say "i've got it and it's the best out there so tell me why it's crap" It's just the stuff they feed you. I'd sell you guys fiberglass ones for the same price as he sells his regular ones for , but I'm not paying $3-400 a month to sell boxes on here.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:48 AM

I think that is probably why the prices on most things on this site can be inflated at times. (although they are steals at others). The cost of sponsorship isn't cheap. Then again, I am sure the cost of running the site isn't cheap either so what can you do?
Old 06-23-2007, 04:52 AM

Agreed
Old 06-23-2007, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by DDuds2k,Jun 23 2007, 05:25 AM
is that a cayman?>
No- it's a Boxster - notice the folded plastic rear window behind the sub box. That makes it a 97-02 model.

As an aside - never seen an install like that on a Boxster. I can't imagine there is much volume in the sub box either- is it enough for the 4 subs you have in it?
Old 06-23-2007, 06:01 AM

there only 6'' woofers... JL w0's , it's all glassed so the bottom of the encloser gives it it's space. It sounds great in there .... not too much with the top up , but just enough with the top down.

Quick Reply: Kinetic Autosports - Let down, big time