S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

speaker for hip hop music

Old 03-04-2004, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speaker for hip hop music

Hey guys,
Can yall recommend any good component speakers for listening to hip hop/rap, r&b music.

i want speaker with good bass. I turn my music up really loud.
i'm going to amp it with Rockford Fosgate Punch 201S.
I know that a sub will do but don't have space in the trunk.
Looking to spend up to $400 for the speakers set. That should be good enough right?
After installing the speaker and the amp, depending how it sound i might change the HU too.

After search the forum, i came up this.
Right now i'm thinking about focal 165k2 and Alpine CDA-9807 or Alpine 9815 for HU.

what do you guy think?
any help or advise please..

thanks.
Old 03-04-2004, 06:42 PM

It's going to be hard to get any real bass without a sub. Could you fit an 8" in the trunk with a Wlaurnet enclosure?
Old 03-04-2004, 06:47 PM

You won't be satisfied without a sub. There's lots of room for one.
Old 03-04-2004, 06:50 PM

got pic of that Willie Gee?? i prefer not to get a sub.
have you ever listen to the new Accord V6 EX speaker, they sound really good, if i could get something like that or a little better would be nice.
Old 03-04-2004, 07:00 PM

Here's a link to a truly understated sick system with the said enclosure:

http://members.cox.net/knieper.3/stereo/systemmove.jpg
Old 03-04-2004, 07:32 PM

For hippity hoppity music, go with a set of Focal, Diamond Audio, or Infinity Kappa. But with a $400 limit, the first two are mostly out of your range, but the Infinity Kappas are awesome. Then add a small subwoofer to the system and you'll have a complete, awesome sound for that hippity hoppity snoopity doggity music.
Old 03-04-2004, 07:36 PM

this might be a stupid question but i thought that component speakers have a built in sub right???

thanks for the pic Willie, i been search online for 20 mintues now to find that but no luck however Lucid got some http://www.lucidautomotive.com/sub/ but that mean my Rockford amp got to be replace with another one right? the Rockford is a two channel ..i got to get a 4 channel if i want to power the speaker and the amp right?
Old 03-04-2004, 07:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Component speakers are speakers that separate the tweeters from the mid-range speakers.

A subwoofer is [generally] considered a speaker that only carries low level frequencies, and they're [again generally] larger than 8" in dia.
Old 03-04-2004, 07:41 PM

purple_sky

i found focal 165k2 for $380

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/Pr...ProductID=11709

but if i going to get a sub i probably go with the Kappa speaker, so i can save some money for the new amp and box...then i will have to replace the HU to get good sound for the speaker and sub right??
Old 03-04-2004, 07:47 PM

Component speakers have a very small sub, often called a midrange. The max size of this speaker in your door will be 6.5 inches. This can produce some low frequencies, but not to the degree that a true sub (8" 10" 12" 15") can. You will need a four channel amp to run fronts and a sub at the same time. Or you can get an amp specifically for the sub. Your $400 limit will be somewhat limiting. Figure out what you need first and then build on it.

The Infinities are a great speaker for the money and might be a great placce to start. If you haven't bought the Rockford Fosgate Punch 201S yet, don't. Get a four channel so you can ad a sub later. IMO the Punch amps aren't all that great either.

Read the Threads and FAQs. Take your time, look around, and listen. You will be able to build a great system for a lot less than you thought.

Quick Reply: speaker for hip hop music