S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Where to have the Electronics Junkie 06 Event?

Old 02-04-2006, 01:50 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Where to have the Electronics Junkie 06 Event?

We are going to try and pull this off this year. I would like to get ideas on were we can have the event. I'm going to leave this thread open for one week then I will post a poll to decide the location.

Here are the requirements that the place must have:

Hotel accomodations for a large group
Great place to do a drive
Try and be some what central so we can get the best turnout

Let the ideas fly.

Here are my two contributions:

The DRAGON (Rumble the Dragon 06)
Virgina Beach (The Beach never sounded so good)
Old 02-04-2006, 03:29 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm...this is gonna be a tough one...

First of all, whats the radius you are inviting?

From Maine to Florida, or from....say PA to Virginia?
Also, how long do you want the meet to be, overnight or two nights?
I would recommend:

A)Try not to have a more than 5 hour drive for anyone
B)Quiet location (national park perhaps)....by the beach will be a ton of people....hard to hang out and stuff

C)3-5 Locals willing to help out (buy food for BBQ, etc etc etc )
D)Decent hotel nearby with PLENTY of parking (and hose, so we can wash the car)

Based on the image above, I guess a nice place would be Mass. Ive been there and though it was beautiful, havent been there in YEARS.

Maybe Johns shop would be a good "shoot the sh!t place." After which we can all go take a drive to a nice park (Im sure you country folk have some nice areas with a view to hang out and BBQ)

Just throwing out ideas. Feel free to add and subtract as you see fit.

Maryland seems more central though, so thats something to think about as well.
Im more of a Northern person, might be a bit cooler in Mass.

Did you have an idea of when to have this meet? April/Mayish?

Rhode Island has AMAZING places to relax, drive....really a beautiful state. I like quiet nature better than a busy beach area.

Jeez, I cant stop ......
Old 02-04-2006, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not all beach towns are like Atlantic city. I live in a quiet little beach town. Sometimes too quiet.

I like NH and VT. depends on the time of year but both beautiful and full of fun back roads. I could make it, but i might have to leave the S at home, It's a far far drive for me.

But i'd take any excuse to go to the Dragon again. Any. I'd haveta bring the car for that one.

I vote for the Dragon.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:14 PM
Former Moderator

[QUOTE=Willie Gee,Feb 4 2006, 07:55 PM] not all beach towns are like Atlantic city.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:48 PM

Jim and I have talked about this before and I'd like to see as many as we can show up. I think having it up here might be hard.

I think having it more in the area of Viginia Beach or the like or Washington DC. Its hard to say. I personally won't drive my S for more than say like 8-10 hours. Its a nice car but not really a touring car

Don't get me wrong having the meet up here would be cool but honestly Its not practical for most others. Tons of great drives to do up here and things to see but its also either a very long drive or a flight for some of the core people to show up.

I'd like to see hat Phil says, as his drive will be far as well. Plus I'm not of his situation right now so much...
Old 02-04-2006, 06:32 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by darkknight1999,Feb 4 2006, 09:48 PM
or the like or Washington DC.
Definetely, not DC. I like my rims ON my car, thank you very much.

This all comes back to my first question....what is the radius of this meet....is it just north east, east coast, mid/east coast....etc.

Until we set some "borders" (everyone is welcome, but the meeting place will be decided on the borders)

As of right now, I would say the best central place (based on your posts and Jims) would be Maryland.

Not being a d!ck or anything, but for me to come to this meet, and I am sure all you guys will agree, the place has to be a nice neighborhood. I dont want to peek out my hotel window every 5 minutes like a crackhead.

Do you have an idea of the month? May is nice, not too hot, not cold, etc. June/July gets hot and prices go up near beaches and such. April is more s2000 friendly, (high 60s).....
Old 02-04-2006, 06:47 PM

I think a great number of us are going to the dragon this April, so April might be a bad month for some of us.

Maryland? man, that's like 12 hours for me. I want to know with complete certainty that there will be fun roads with that kind of drive. The Dragon is a safe bet, and will hardly be repetitive or boring. The road is flat out insane.

I suggest if not the Dragon at least somewhere in the mountains. let's have fun with our cars.
Old 02-04-2006, 07:21 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Willie Gee,Feb 4 2006, 10:47 PM
I think a great number of us are going to the dragon this April, so April might be a bad month for some of us.

Maryland? man, that's like 12 hours for me. I want to know with complete certainty that there will be fun roads with that kind of drive. The Dragon is a safe bet, and will hardly be repetitive or boring. The road is flat out insane.

I suggest if not the Dragon at least somewhere in the mountains. let's have fun with our cars.
I agree....mountain roads are the sh!t. Ok, so we need midpoint from MA to FL.
Old 02-04-2006, 07:59 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about Hagerstown Maryland. I think I still have an awesome route of driving. We did a PA, MD boarder run there a couple years back. There are several hotels in the area that would more than meet the bill. Although I don't know how central that would be for FL and LA. That's why I was thinking the VA Beach area. I know a couple guys down that way that could put together a great drive, and when I did my maps and streets it's about half way from Boston and Orlando. I was thinking July or September.

Altough the Dragon would be fun, and I agree with Willie you never tire of the DRAGON!

I would just like to get as many people to come as possible.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:26 PM
Former Moderator

I think fall would be better. September is a nice month, nice weather, nice scenery (awesome for pics), just more comfortable. Plus, we all know s2000s do NOT like to be flogged in the summer heat.

Anyone know how far (approximately) Virginia is from NYC? (miles and time)

Quick Reply: Where to have the Electronics Junkie 06 Event?