S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

AEM EMS or other ECU for Euro cars

Old 12-10-2011, 07:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM EMS or other ECU for Euro cars

What recommendations for managing the stock ECU or getting a standalone one. (For Euro cars)

I tried AEM EMS V2 on Euro spec cars it didn't work.

Is there an AEM version for Euro?

my friend brought a complete Vortech SC kit, and once he installed it, the controller (piggy back) did not work, then Vortech sent him another controller for Euro spec cars, they said they are different? So it seems sensors or some electrical specs are different.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:24 AM

If you want a a standalone take a look at the EFI Technology srl Euro 4 or the Pectel SQ6.
http://www.obr.uk.com/pdfs/Euro%204.pdf

The EFI Euro-4 is the best value for money of the two as they are both cheaper and come fully equipped where as the SQ6 uses cost options.
A cheaper but no less capable option would be the new EFI Technology Euro-2. It has many of the same features of the Euro-4 but does without things like built-in Wideband & drive-by-wire throttle control, though they they can be accommodated through the use of external modules.
Have a word with Richard @ Ole Buhl as they worked directly with Mugen and EFI Technology to develop software specifically for Honda applications (of which the S2000 was one) to include proper support for V-tec & i-Vtec etc. EFI Tech are also the ecu's of choice for Honda/JAS Motorsport/Mugen Motorsport and are used by many in the WRC, PWRC, BTCC and many other series around the world.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:39 AM

how much will cost ? where can I buy it from ?
Old 12-20-2011, 10:41 AM

You would be looking at £1600 GBP for the ecu and £400 for the canbus adapter, it's not cheap but it's a very good setup.You can get everything you need from Ole Buhl Racing.

Another alternative would be the Life Racing F88 range. Life racing is owned an run by the same guy's who designed/created the Pectel SQ6 (before selling out to Pi/Cosworth). It's a slightly updated version of the Pectel SQ6 and is a really, really good system. LR also make the ecu's for Syvecs and Syvecs offer the S8C which is a slightly more road/clubman version of the full blow motorsport LR F88 series ecu. It has the same basic hardware, with just a few software differences that make more suitable for road/clubman use. Both Life Racing and Syvecs are very good to deal with so give them a call, you'll find them very helpful.
You may also want to consider the LR F42, it would suit the S2000 very well and if I remember correctly they retail at about £950 GBP.

http://www.liferacing.com/
http://www.syvecs.com/