S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

Can someone look at my Datalog?

Old 12-24-2012, 04:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can someone look at my Datalog?

I am by FAR NO expert on tuning. I did however look through them and can definitely see some things that scare me and idk if its even safe to drive like this. Like I said im a total noob on this but I do plan on getting my car tuned by Evans in the next 2 months. If someone could please take a look at both my logs and give me a quick summary of what I need to do would help me out alot... Hopefully that will lead me to the next step and actually try and fiddle with the tune myself.

If someone has some free time I will email the logs to you. I cant upload them to this site for some reason so please please please someone just take 5 mins and help!!

I'm running TODA tune. Mods - K&N FIPK, Berk 70mm and FlashPro!

I just want to make sure its ok to run my car like this before I go get tuned because im worried when I see numbers in the red :| and I also have knocks that go up to 11...
Old 12-24-2012, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by rosario717
Originally Posted by JayC07' timestamp='1356355461' post='22227522
I am by FAR NO expert on tuning. I did however look through them and can definitely see some things that scare me and idk if its even safe to drive like this. Like I said im a total noob on this but I do plan on getting my car tuned by Evans in the next 2 months. If someone could please take a look at both my logs and give me a quick summary of what I need to do would help me out alot... Hopefully that will lead me to the next step and actually try and fiddle with the tune myself.

If someone has some free time I will email the logs to you. I cant upload them to this site for some reason so please please please someone just take 5 mins and help!!

I just want to make sure its ok to run my car like this before I go get tuned because im worried when I see numbers in the red :| and I also have knocks that go up to 11...

The most knowledgeable person I know with datalogging and tuning besides evans is Gernby on the forum..I didnt run any base map at all due to the fear of causeing any type of damage to my engine but maybe I was just being over cautious.. My car knocked about 45 times on my first tune with evans lol From what I was told The Toda tune is great but very lean but im a noob just like you lol Just spend the 250 for an etune cause thats what I did and its totally worth it and safer

Merry xmas
Yeah I was thinking about doing that aswell but I might aswell wait til my exhaust comes and then just take it to evans and throw it on a dyno
Old 12-24-2012, 10:12 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rosario717
Originally Posted by JayC07' timestamp='1356355461' post='22227522

The most knowledgeable person I know with datalogging and tuning besides evans is Gernby on the forum..I didnt run any base map at all due to the fear of causeing any type of damage to my engine but maybe I was just being over cautious.. My car knocked about 45 times on my first tune with evans lol From what I was told The Toda tune is great but very lean but im a noob just like you lol Just spend the 250 for an etune cause thats what I did and its totally worth it and safer

Merry xmas

That's not true, there are plenty of other knowledgeable tuners on this forum including Brian, Wadzii, Timg, Jh4db and probably a couple others.

If you wanted to, OP you could take a screenshot of the logs in question and I'm sure someone could chime in.
From what I've heard, the Toda tune is pretty hit or miss. If your worried about it, can't you just unplug your flashpro and just run the stock ECU until you get it tuned?

4.5k vtec and 10hp up too isn't worth a blown engine
Old 12-24-2012, 02:09 PM

Hey I was actually lucky to have b.r.i.a.n. look at my logs ( THANK YOU!!) He claims everything looks safe. He knows more than I do and seems very knowledgeable about tuning.

Would it be bad to have a tp and intake on your car without a tune?
Old 12-25-2012, 09:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JayC07
Hey I was actually lucky to have b.r.i.a.n. look at my logs ( THANK YOU!!) He claims everything looks safe. He knows more than I do and seems very knowledgeable about tuning.

Would it be bad to have a tp and intake on your car without a tune?
you can run a test pipe and intake on the base map. the closed loop o2 control will keep the afr's in check in the mean time but it could run lean full throttle depending on which base map you're running.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:19 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

If you are going to run a test pipe, then you should run the Toda tune.

Old 12-27-2012, 07:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can send me a log at matt@shuetuning.net . Its been my experience that hondata's basemaps are often way over advanced on timing. 11 knock count is not huge though particularly if it is only hitting 11 after multiple pulls.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by sohc_mshue
You can send me a log at matt@shuetuning.net . Its been my experience that hondata's basemaps are often way over advanced on timing. 11 knock count is not huge though particularly if it is only hitting 11 after multiple pulls.
i agree but you can't just go off the values in the main ignition timing tables. the knock control tables also play a role in the actual ignition advance that the engine will see.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im going off of actual experience from dyno tuning. Not by what the timing values look like.

I dont remember how the s2000 maps look, but for some of their k series maps this has been the case.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by sohc_mshue
Im going off of actual experience from dyno tuning. Not by what the timing values look like.

I dont remember how the s2000 maps look, but for some of their k series maps this has been the case.
yes they seem high on the k-series base maps but it is because of the knock control tables in the background also affecting actual ignition timing. for years those tables were not exposed on k-pro. they were exposed on the flashpro software first and then k-pro.