S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

Emanage vs flash pro

Old 03-02-2010, 06:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Emanage vs flash pro

We had the Atlanta tuning event this past week. It took the opportunity to get retuned on the same dyno and tuner as last time. Holy Roller Dyno. Giles did a great job and managed to extract a good amount of power safely from my car. It still has some time to break in and make some more power.

Anyhow I have 3 dyno charts showing the different tunes. Stock, flashpro tuned from hondata, emanage ultimate by Giles, and flashpro by Giles. My car has a AFE replacement air filter and a Tanabe Medallion Touring exhaust (nice and quiet without drone).

First off I ran a more recent dyno with the stock tune. This is compared to the new flash pro tune by Giles. The stock tune isn't too bad in some of the areas. Honda seems to have a very aggressive timing and the knock system backs it down to something the car will run off of.
(darker line is the custom flashpro tuned map)

The second chart shows the Hondata tuned map vs the custom tune by Giles. Hondata left allot of room down low. I need to compare some of the timing up top but the car had been running for 4 hours on the dyno. The tuned program was running the car quite lean and was knocking in several areas of the power band.

The last chart shows my previous tune vs the new custom flash pro tune by Giles.
Some of the gains might be due to the new air filter but not having the ability of activating vtec twice lost me about 5 ft/lbs of torque. see 3750 to 4600.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good job seem like the final tune gave you an extra torque in the midrange as for the low end torque, i don't think anyone is noticing it that low but its nice to have
Old 03-04-2010, 04:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You feel the low end and you feel the partial throttle changes as well. The engine just feels so smooth now. I can easily control the throttle while in the middle of turns even when entering vtec.