S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

Hondata Flash Pro what to expect from Stock or HFC + Catback

Old 03-20-2013, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hondata Flash Pro what to expect from Stock or HFC + Catback

Hi,
I'm getting installed my new HFC from berk Technology with my Toda Exhaust this saturday.
My car is a 2008 AP2 with a 2.0 litter engine (European Specs)

I have the possibliity to go for a hondataflash pro as well as a tuning.

My question is do i have to expect some significant gains or nothin until i am getting a header as well?
Thanks a lot
Old 03-21-2013, 06:37 AM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Probably not a huge increase in peak power/torque, but you should see significant gains in the mid range due to lowered VTEC engagement. From dyno plots I have seen, most headers don't make much if any additional power.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

You can get very significant gains from a FlashPro tune if you replace the OEM cat with an HFC, test pipe, or one of my Gern-Pipes (in order of lowest to greatest gains). Gains from a header are difficult to achieve, even with a tune.

For such a mild build, you really should just get an eTune, which is $99 through my service with free touch-ups.

Old 03-23-2013, 05:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed a Berk HFc with the toda catback the throttle response is already amazing and much better.
Acceleration is smoother too.

I will go with the toda header tooin a near future and try a hondata.
I'm not familiar with etune?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atLJAauc5CQ[/media]
Old 03-23-2013, 08:54 AM
Former Sponsor

An eTune is one that is performed via email. Basically, I would send you instructions for you to use your FlashPro to datalog a set of things, then email the datalogs to me, then I would make send you some different instructions, repeat, repeat 2-3 times, then you have a completely customized tune (full and part throttle) with optimized VTEC engagement window.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:08 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Gernby
An eTune is one that is performed via email. Basically, I would send you instructions for you to use your FlashPro to datalog a set of things, then email the datalogs to me, then I would make send you some different instructions, repeat, repeat 2-3 times, then you have a completely customized tune (full and part throttle) with optimized VTEC engagement window.
to the O.P. do what he says ^^^

i too have an 08 s2000 with an intake and a test pipe, thats it! and with Gernby's tune it is night and day difference!! best mod you can ever do is get a flashpro!! best tuner on this site for the flashpro hands down
Old 03-24-2013, 06:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by hand banana
to the O.P. do what he says ^^^

i too have an 08 s2000 with an intake and a test pipe, thats it! and with Gernby's tune it is night and day difference!! best mod you can ever do is get a flashpro!! best tuner on this site for the flashpro hands down
Thanks!
Old 05-06-2013, 11:26 AM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

So I'm reading this and I'm wondering... So....

History:
'08 CR
Mugen header - Berk 63mm HFC - HKS exhaust
Ran fine.. no problems...
Update exhaust to Mugen
So, Mugen Header - Berk 63mm HFC - Mugen exhaust
CEL.. O2 sensor.
After failing emissions multiple times, I go back to OEM cat and bam.. bye bye CEL.. hasn't come back since.

I'm contemplating the Berk test pipe but not sure... 63mm? 70mm? Pros Cons to one versus the other?

Also, with Flashpro, IF, the check engine light comes back, can I clear just that specific code or is that not possible.... I'm also aware that come emissions time, I'll probably have to put the stock catalytic converter back on the car again.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:06 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

With all those parts and the concern you have of being able to pass emissions. You would be better off selling all those and buying one of gerbys mid pipes. It has a catalytic converter and You will net more power than you would with all those other bolt ons

Boom two birds one stone
Old 05-06-2013, 03:54 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I haven't had an issue with a CEL running the Berk HFC. Usually a bigger concern with a test pipe, but Flashpro has a function that you can turn off the secondary O2 sensor - problem solved and no CEL.

Quick Reply: Hondata Flash Pro what to expect from Stock or HFC + Catback