S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

lookin for a tune for aem ems

Old 01-08-2010, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lookin for a tune for aem ems

i just aquired aem ems 1052 1st gen standalone for my ap1 s2k. i have the greddy turbo kit w/ 550 injectors (750s ready to go in), and the 70 mill invidia exhaust and test pipe. kinda wanted to drive to my tuner with the ems already installed. seeing if some one has a similar setup with aem and could shoot me a basemap?
please ask me questions if i left any neccessary details out.
i am brand new to the standalone tuning world and dont understand some of the lingo and jargon. any help or advice is appreciated
will i need to by a different laptop if i plan on doing any tuning? i have a dell with windows vista. is the ems compatible?
Old 01-08-2010, 06:39 PM

I don't have an AEM EMS, so I don't know if it's software is compatible with vista, but you can find out yourself

http://forum.aempower.com/downloads/...ease070406.EXE
Old 01-09-2010, 07:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ugh, heres the skinny.

1. aem power software works on vista. use a serial to usb adapter if you have too as they work too.

2. aem ems comes wiht a base map which is meant for ap1. car will start with it after following start up procedure in manual. but must change for injectors, and whatever else you have different from stock.

3. noone will give you a map, trust me, when i got into this i tried too, then realized, just learn how to do it and do it your self. if your worried, call the shop and ask them to email u a base tune to get you there...since they are the ones gonna benefit from your arrival, i think they will do it.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by camuman,Jan 9 2010, 08:09 AM
ugh, heres the skinny.

1. aem power software works on vista. use a serial to usb adapter if you have too as they work too.

2. aem ems comes wiht a base map which is meant for ap1. car will start with it after following start up procedure in manual. but must change for injectors, and whatever else you have different from stock.

3. noone will give you a map, trust me, when i got into this i tried too, then realized, just learn how to do it and do it your self. if your worried, call the shop and ask them to email u a base tune to get you there...since they are the ones gonna benefit from your arrival, i think they will do it.
problem is i bought from a guy who had a highly moddified s2k. is there a revert back to the basemap so i could start from there?
Old 01-09-2010, 12:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jethatch,Jan 9 2010, 02:44 PM
problem is i bought from a guy who had a highly moddified s2k. is there a revert back to the basemap so i could start from there?
100% u can. install aem pro on your puter. go to open, then go to start up calibrations in the installed aem folder on your c drive, then select honda, then aem 1052 s2000 base map

its more inline with a ap1 map. tweak from there
Old 01-13-2010, 03:27 PM

as everyone said, use the basemap that comes with the unit or you can hire me or someone else to tune it for you.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by EliteTuning,Jan 13 2010, 04:27 PM
as everyone said, use the basemap that comes with the unit or you can hire me or someone else to tune it for you.
yes, i was gonna shoot you an email after i got everything ready to go. i may need a little more coaching when it comes to loading up maps and calibrating the ems and recording the results, i have never messed with an ems. i have all your requirements except the mobile internet access. i also didnt understand your options. i would like to utilize and fine tune every option i have with the ems. uncluding boost control, launch control, etc etc.
how do we start? do you send me a super conservative map and then i drive the car and send you the results, you then send me back an adjusted calibration? we do this until it is dead on? i could see how this would be difficult with out the mobile internet. maybe i could borrow it.
i have the uego a/f wideband controller, i need to wire my signal into the ems. i can do that. will it then be viewable for you in my datalogging and does it need to be calbrated before it is accurate?
i need to wire in my aem boost solenoid. i can do that. will you be able to fine tune this option?
i also need to install my rc750 injectors and colder spark plugs(should i wait to install after weve began tuning to prevent fouling). i can do that.
my biggest question is how much power can i make and not kill my motor? and i know this is a stupid question cause i know more power is gonna burn it out faster. i just want that happy medium.
i have the late 2002 engine so the oil bolts in the lower end were fixed from the factory. i have upgraded the head with arp head bolts and supertech valves, valve springs and retainers. ive installed a turbo timer and an oil pressure gauge is in the works. boost and a/f is installed.
i wanted to push 12 lbs and run the 750 injectors, as long as this isnt going to be to terrible on my motor. i was lookin for your opinion on this.
im also wondering if the map sensor relocation fitting from my greddy kit will be needed if im using the aem. also, do i need the greddy pressure sensor after i install the greddy.
sorry for all the questions but im tryin to be thorough. your thread said that you try to sum up all questions in just a couple of emails.
im interested in doing this as soon as the weather permits. (im up by Seattle and Portland) you ever come up here???

Old 01-13-2010, 10:16 PM

your best bet is to email me for proper contact as noted. The higher the option, the more fine tuning will be done. Please read it carefully.Airfare plus tuning starts at $1000 and can be as expensive as $2000. No need to be in the car just get everything wired in and ready to go. When you know you are 2 weeks to being finished, you may pay me for my services at which time I will provide a proper "starting" map and we'll take it from there.

Yes, once you wire in your uego and the boost control solenoid, i'll be able to fine tune the settings for most overall power, unless you have other requirements. I look forward to your email
Old 01-13-2010, 10:19 PM

And for loading maps, your best bet is to read the help file just for the basic stuff.