S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

New plug and play ECU available soon!

Old 07-07-2015, 07:41 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

bump
Old 07-07-2015, 08:39 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The first 10 boards have been ordered. Last week we connected an oil temperature and oil pressure sensor, as well as the 4 wheel speed sensors from the ABS (piggybacked), everything worked great.
Old 07-09-2015, 02:56 AM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

very interesting project. If all pans out like it should I will be a future buyer. Look forward to seeing some more results!
Old 07-09-2015, 03:23 AM

And if this works out for Topplayer^^. And since he's local and I can always see how this really works. Going stage2 will be a no brainer.
Old 07-09-2015, 06:06 AM

How hard is it to tune with one of these? Do you hook up a laptop directly? Can you or do you reccomend lowering VTEC?

As said above what advantages does this system have over others besides cost?

Im interested, just a lot of questions.
Old 07-09-2015, 06:30 AM

I've got a very interesting question. I have an 02 that is supercharged with the Vortech kit, it has the stock ECU and this other box that piggybacks off if it, it also uses a fuel regulator with stock injectors. Since I plan on a fuel pump and better injectors later on, is it possible that this ECU can take the place of both of those pieces without having to buy a new pump and injectors and remove the fuel regulator?
Old 07-09-2015, 09:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by befumo
How hard is it to tune with one of these? Do you hook up a laptop directly? Can you or do you reccomend lowering VTEC?

As said above what advantages does this system have over others besides cost?

Im interested, just a lot of questions.
It's quite easy to tune. Most parameters will come preset, so you will mostly need to tune the fueling (make sure it matches the target A/F ratios) and maybe play with the ignition timing if your gas doesn't allow for the maximum timing (our test car used 100RON gas as it's mostly a track car).

VTEC was lowered to 4700RPM. The car did produce more power with the VTEC enabled in that area. We wanted to try and lower it even more, however we run out of dyno time - our 2nd visit on the dyno.

The most obvious advantage of this ECU over most other offerings is that it is a pure VE system - it's not a "injector ms" system. What this means is that if you add 5% to your VE (fuel) table, the injectors will open 5% more, as the system takes into account the actual injector opening/closing time.

Other advantages include: OBD-II output, digital wideband input, 4x wheel speed inputs, Ethernet port, multiple free inputs/outputs, real CAN Bus connectivity for expansion, SD Card datalogging, and much more.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TraxxofAOT
I've got a very interesting question. I have an 02 that is supercharged with the Vortech kit, it has the stock ECU and this other box that piggybacks off if it, it also uses a fuel regulator with stock injectors. Since I plan on a fuel pump and better injectors later on, is it possible that this ECU can take the place of both of those pieces without having to buy a new pump and injectors and remove the fuel regulator?
The stock injectors are pretty small, given the 9000rpm rev limit (the higher the rev limit, the less time the injectors have up high to inject fuel, so you need larger injectors).

So you will need at least larger injectors to begin with or you need to keep the fuel regulator with the stock injectors.
Old 07-09-2015, 10:10 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Damn I want this.
Old 07-09-2015, 10:17 AM
Former Sponsor

The boards will be here next week, so we can start assembling the first 10 ECUs!

Quick Reply: New plug and play ECU available soon!