S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

Using the RSX wideband with the Kpro

Old 07-04-2011, 02:41 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nnausmann
Is this burnt board issue only on the newer boards? I have an older board that is wired up just like JustinC's diagram and have had no problems.

I believe so, not only does Hondata NOT want us doing this ( why its "not supported") as secretive as they are theres always someone who will talk. Notice how the latest software F';ed up alot of things...
Old 07-05-2011, 03:43 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyushin
Originally Posted by nnausmann' timestamp='1309488323' post='20736981
Is this burnt board issue only on the newer boards? I have an older board that is wired up just like JustinC's diagram and have had no problems.

I believe so, not only does Hondata NOT want us doing this ( why its "not supported") as secretive as they are theres always someone who will talk. Notice how the latest software F';ed up alot of things...
hmm.. I think what you are saying is that they wont tell us why its "not supported" because they tried to support it, but realized it cant be supported since the new ecus will fry (maybe after frying some of thier own??)
There for, they abandoned the project, & never said nething to ne one? If so, i agree.

What do you mean the latest software effed things up? when n how!!?
Old 07-08-2011, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by freezingcoffee
What revision is your board? I have a revision 6.

revision 5

I opened it up and all looks good.

Old 07-08-2011, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Kyushin
Notice how the latest software F';ed up alot of things...
Did not know that. I am still using KManager 1.4.1.0
Old 07-15-2011, 10:26 AM

The latest version of the s300 has software that allows the computer to read off of an aftermarket wideband, what are the chances that they can have this added to the kpro. I understand that the kpro was desighned for cars that already have a factory wideband in them. But it would not be a bad option for us poor guys.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:21 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by freezingcoffee' timestamp='1309495104' post='20737242
[quote name='nnausmann' timestamp='1309488323' post='20736981']
What revision is your board? I have a revision 6.

revision 5

I opened it up and all looks good.

[/quote]

It looks like your board is a little bit burnt the same place mine was. Or it is a just how it is and I got it repair anyways.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:29 PM

Appolgies for the long delay in reply here- life gets in the way.

Basically, it took two months to get my ECU back. The 'Hondata distributor' who did it (I shall not name names here) did a crappy job, and just bypassed several of the tracts on the daughter board. So, $450 later NONE of the widband stuff works, dude won't respond to my e-mails, etc.

I still wired up the wideband according to the latest digram, seemed to work ok (no blown fuses or other drama), but I can't test it.

So it's back to the stock sensor/PRA map...

I called a few other places to see if they would 'fix' the ECU (new daughterboard) but no one would commit to anything... this seems to be a real sticking point- if you damage it, you buy another one (ECU+conversion).

Last comment: for all that I've been through, I think the RSX wideband is a great option. I would wire it up like in the diagram I posted with the solid state relay (it separates the heater circut from the ECU) OR have someone run a jumper from the D8 pin to the ECU. All in all, the wideband was $100, and the relays/wire were about $50. Plus a little under the car action, and I think it's worth it... thanks. I'll keep the digram up on my site so it stays active...
Old 08-03-2011, 05:53 PM

So in a nutshell the hondata daughter-board can't handle the current, and adding a jumper from D8 pin straight to the ECU should fix this?
Old 08-03-2011, 06:04 PM

So in a nutshell the hondata daughter-board can't handle the current, and adding a jumper from D8 pin straight to the ECU should fix this?
Yes, it's pin A1 on the PRB ECU
Old 08-04-2011, 04:30 AM

Because I am semi lazy is it possible to just disable the heater in kpro and unplug the relay with no ill effect? Than just hook it all back up for emissions inspection.

Quick Reply: Using the RSX wideband with the Kpro