S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Advice Needed :) Do I need the following

Old 07-19-2005, 04:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scorpion,Jul 19 2005, 07:41 AM
Becasue the Comptech FPR is a rising rate FPR. Basicly as it sees boost it increases fuel pressure. And it's not really accurate, so tuning with the EMS because a nightmare, because your FP will never be the same. With the AEM FPR it's a contastant FP, but adjustable so you can dial in the FP...but it never changes after it's set.
This is why I asked, I read somewhere that you can remove the Vacumn line to the Comptech and it becomes a static FPR instead of a Rising rate FPR but I do not know if it will be a 1.1 ratio - I wish somebody knew this because this is getting expensive
Old 07-19-2005, 07:35 AM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ztec,Jul 19 2005, 07:27 AM
This is why I asked, I read somewhere that you can remove the Vacumn line to the Comptech and it becomes a static FPR instead of a Rising rate FPR but I do not know if it will be a 1.1 ratio - I wish somebody knew this because this is getting expensive
Nick, I needed that! After spending what's you've spent on the motor...

Anyways, I needed to chuckle.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Ztec,Jul 19 2005, 04:27 AM
This would be good to know. Damn, I just sold the AEM fpr I had on the car from when I was still slow..I mean NA

Hope everything is alright with you Skip.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:50 AM

The comptech FPR is adjustable as far as the ramp up rate goes, and I would consider it a better unit than the AEM FPR.

You are going to want a 1:1 rising rate anyways; stick with the comptech unit, just figure out how to adjust the ramp up rate.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by double11,Jul 19 2005, 11:50 AM
The comptech FPR is adjustable as far as the ramp up rate goes, and I would consider it a better unit than the AEM FPR.

You are going to want a 1:1 rising rate anyways; stick with the comptech unit, just figure out how to adjust the ramp up rate.
Sure the comptech unit is good for what it is meant for, but not in his situation. He is going to be running the AEM EMS, which means that he does not need the FPR to raise or lower the fuel pressure to mantain a good AF ratio. What he needs a FPR for is to ensure that he has enough fuel preesure in the line to feed his LARGE injectors. And since he is controling the injectors with the EMS, all he needs is a static rate.

Ztec, the comptech FPR is 1:1 with no boost pressure. This is why the car "feels" stock to everyone down low, it's basicly is. You can get the B&M AFPR a lot cheaper than the AEM one, but with that you have to use the bottom half of your stock FPR. Do a google and look into it...a lot of DSM guys use it.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:22 AM

Thank you, I am familar with what a fuel pressure regulator is, and the Comptech unit that he already has is a much better unit than the B&M or the AEM.

The comptech unit can be set to a 1:1 rise rate.

Don't waste your money on the B&M unit.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:27 AM

hmmm me thinks I might have missed the original topic here...I thought he was wondering if he needed a AEM FPR because of wanting to increase the FP.

Ztec, if all you want is 1:1 FPR than yes the comptech will do (as will the stock unit)just plug the nipple where the boost line was hooked. If you need or want to be able to adjust the rate, then you will have to run something other than the comptech.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:38 AM

The comptech is has adjustable fuel pressure as well as adjustable ramp rate....

good luck
Old 07-19-2005, 11:00 AM

Well if you would have mentioned it does both rise and ramp three postes ago you could have saved yourself a head ache from all the

And I appoligize for not knowing you could set a static rate, I've only have experiance with the vortech unit..I should have looked into it before posting.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:31 PM

I appreciate you guys going back and forth actually
It is my understanding that if you cap the vaccum line on the Comptech FPR it becomes a static FPR and it is adjustable with the allen set screw on top - Clockwise ups your fuel pressure! If this is the case I do not need to purchase another FPR correct?

Quick Reply: Advice Needed :) Do I need the following