S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

AEM EMS EVAP usage. Found something interesting...UPDATE: post #20

Old 02-21-2015, 11:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AEM EMS EVAP usage. Found something interesting...UPDATE: post #20

I've read on this site AEM EMS's doesn't control the EVAP stuff, yet I've seen the list of features that they control and EVAP is one of them. I was doing some searching today and couldn't find any real info. I kind of want to remove it, but I don't want my garage smelling like gas fumes from it venting.

I decided to just dig through the software, and I believe I found a table that will control the EVAP purge valve to act like stock. In the table it's disabled... I'm thinking... enable will work (lol). I however can't try this because my car is completly tore apart and will be for a while.

This is how you get to the table:

Go to any tab on your tuning screen, I chose the SENSORS tab. Right click in the open white space. Select "add option display." Now select the "tree" tab. Expand "setup" and then "advanced setup," then you will see "EVAP purge solenoid control." Expand that and select "options."

A list of options will come up, hit "ok." Now, take a look at the bottom two fields... they say disabled. That's where I'm thinking we can control the EVAP stuff.

Disclaimer: I have been searchin on the site to find any info on this and I didn't find any... however, if this is known, then I'm sorry, but it was something new to me. Maybe someone can try this and confirm it works?
Old 02-21-2015, 03:43 PM

upon looking further, it requires a pin input in the field where it says disabled.

Anyone have a pin out handy?
Old 02-21-2015, 04:51 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The pin out is in the instructions folder in the aemtuner folder.

I've always just vented the tank instead of using the evap system. I'll take a look at it tomorrow and see what I see.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:08 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Here are the outputs listed for EVAP:

(don't mind the highlighted pin; that's what I used for my flex fuel input)

However, when adding the EVAP option display in AEM, I only see 'Purge 1 Output' and 'Purge 2 Output'; so, seemingly, you could enable only 2 of the 3 outputs. Not sure how to add an additional Purge output to that field. From the 'insert option' drop down, there are no additional purge output options (beyond the two aforementioned options)
Old 02-21-2015, 07:03 PM

I figured out how to add a 3rd otption herecomesboost...

Right click on the table with the new evap options, select insert option, now scroll down to "purge pwm output." It gives you another pinning option, and over in the item explanation is says "channel that the purge canister valve should output to. This is the charcoal can between the fuel tank and intake."

I found this pic which shows the random assortment of valves for the system:

With this, we should be able to come up with what goes to what, pin it in the table, and have a working system. Of course, after inputting the correct values, which opens up another can of worms.

I am just too burnt out tonight to correlate it all...

We're on the right track though.

Also, thanks wadzii, looking forward to your input!
Old 02-21-2015, 07:27 PM

Well... I can't assign 3 output pins in the configure outputs menu. I was just able to assign LSD3 to purge 1 output, and LSD4 to purge output 2, but I can't figure out how to assign a pin for the 3rd option I found: purge pwm output. I was going to make that LSD5 just to see if it would all work in theory.

Someone else figure this out for everyone on the site. I'm going to sleep.
Old 02-22-2015, 01:49 PM

Anyone else?
Old 02-22-2015, 05:09 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ah. Good catch; I scrolled too quickly through the 'insert option' list. However, I'm not sure if you can simply interchange pulse width modulated outputs with Low Side Driver outputs?
Old 02-22-2015, 05:15 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I didn't get a chance to look at it today but the main thing you'd want to do is make sure there isn't any vacuum or pressure in the tank. You could make it very simple and open the purge when there is positive pressure and open the vent when there is vacuum. Not sure on doing this in the software yet though.
Old 02-22-2015, 05:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Other than reducing emissions from the gas tank, is there any real need to implement this?

Quick Reply: AEM EMS EVAP usage. Found something interesting...UPDATE: post #20