S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

AEM EMS talk.

Old 08-09-2005, 04:52 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default AEM EMS talk.

I have had the my map for a while now and have had some issues with the tune.

First, sometimes when I accelerate and shift normal, the a/f will jump from 14.5 to 11.1 then back to 14.5

Second, my a/f ratio at idle will be real lean 16.1 when I start it up after driving the car. Its fine after a few minutes but the initial start is real lean after a drive.
Warm up enrichment is fine and idle a/f is fine when first started.

I tried to post in AEM forum but cant.

Thanks
Old 08-09-2005, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What type of map are you running? Is it a straight forward table map or are you running boost comp?
Old 08-09-2005, 06:39 PM

It was full boost comp with throt inj correct. But that does not work that well and I plan on using a hybrid in the next couple of days.

Another question I forgt to ask was if our ECT temps are accurate or does it need tweeking like our AIT.
I searched AEM forum but the site seems to be having trouble.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:41 AM

It needs tweaking aswell. Reads about 20 degrees hotter than the car actually is. I have a map with the correct cals...pm me an email address and I'll send it to ya

On your map you have to play with the first few cells, add a little fuel, also have you tried adjusting the throttle ij correct? Or did you just have it set and never touched it again?
Old 08-10-2005, 10:26 AM

PM'd you.

And yes I played with the thro inj correct table, but I read that cars with "crazy" all motor cams, such as ours can have some trouble using it.
Fperra also had some issues and used a hybrid map.
Makes more sense and will help me get the part throttle a/f that I want.

My main issue that I want to solve is the a/f when shifting. I goes way rich when I shift normal.
Example... drive slow up to 4000(a/f 14.5) shift, rpms hit 2000(a/f 11.1),put in 2nd and drive a/f are fine. I think its my fuel decel but not sure.

Thanks again Scorpion
Old 08-10-2005, 11:25 AM

Sounds like fuel decel, but I haven't played with that part of the software yet. I love the ems but damn you can get lost quick with it My car does the same with just a cell based map, I run around 14ish at part throttle shift and it runs down to the 12s then leans out. So if you figure it out...hook a brotha up
Old 08-10-2005, 12:02 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know what your guys problem is. :-) I got a map that is safe to run 8 psi of boost on with a GT30/71. Tuned myself. Runs 14 a/f at idle all the way to boost then drops down to 12.5 then at over 5 psi I have it drop to 11.8 I have 02 in closed loop mode, so if you dont' have a wideband that can be run in closed loop, ie installed all the time, this map won't work for you. I have a techedge wideband. The thing is so constant you could eat dinner on it. Just pm me

J. R.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:24 PM

I have a wide band.
Not sure if I am following you, but my a/f are consistant at WOT and and are all most perfect when driving.
My main concern is the huge change in a/f when shifting.I think its either fuel decel or fuel acel. Its not the individual cells.
I just dont know where to start.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Scorpion,Aug 10 2005, 01:25 PM
Sounds like fuel decel, but I haven't played with that part of the software yet. I love the ems but damn you can get lost quick with it My car does the same with just a cell based map, I run around 14ish at part throttle shift and it runs down to the 12s then leans out. So if you figure it out...hook a brotha up
I missed this.
So you have the same problem. For some reason I cant post on the AEM forum and the search lets me look at one page and thats it.
Sucks.
If I figure it out Ill hook you up!!!
Old 08-10-2005, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by f20kills,Aug 9 2005, 04:52 PM
Second, my a/f ratio at idle will be real lean 16.1 when I start it up after driving the car. Its fine after a few minutes but the initial start is real lean after a drive.
Warm up enrichment is fine and idle a/f is fine when first started.
This is most likely an issue with the fuel trim vs. AIT. Found under 'Fuel>Advanced Fuel>Fuel Trims>Air Temp Fuel Corr Table. From there you can either make changes in the table or graph form, which ever is easier for you to use.

I bet you are getting a little heat soak and the engine is getting hot air for a little while after you've let it sit for a little while after driving.

your other issue is probably decel fuel related, but you should be able to clean it up with the base map; unless you are running too large of injectors.

Quick Reply: AEM EMS talk.