S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

AEM v2 Tune review - AP1Chief

Old 10-23-2017, 05:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default AEM v2 Tune review - AP1Chief

Just wanted to drop a quick review for those looking to get e-tuned for your s2k (boosted, NA, whatever).

I had a professional dyno tune that i really wasn't happy with. Tuner couldn't get over 15psi out of the turbo, and chalked it up to probably bad wastegate. Which was fine, car made decent power and i was having fun, but i wanted more. I asked around for what the issue might be so i could take it back to him to get retuned, and that's when forum member AP1Chief reached out and asked to take a look to see if he could help, and then we'd go from there.

I was a little skepitcal, random guy on forum telling me to give him money to fix my tune when a 'professional' already told me what's wrong. But His rates were so reasonable i said why not. I asked if i could pay in installments once i saw progress, and he was more than willing to work with me on that.

After 2-3 logs being sent over to figure out my wastegate duty cycle, he sends over the first actual tune, and we were immediately making over 20lbs of boost. Which was music to my ears. Josh (AP1Chief) immediately noticed i was out of fuel and dialed back and we starting working from there. After a less than probably 10 pulls we were pretty much done with the tune. Pulling a consistent 17psi to redline, with a MUCH better timing table, and way more steady afrs. Car made well over 40 more hp just from the extra 2psi and adjustments to timing which made the car safer.

I wasn't super happy with the cruising/idling, and Josh immediately invited me to live tune with him (using data from my phone to keep internet connection). We used screen sharing so he could tweak the AEMTuner as i was driving. Got cruising and idle dialed in near perfect and couldn't be happier.

Also, important to mention, was my cold starting with e85. Anything under 60 degrees outside on a cold start, was going to take me 4-5 minutes of cranking the car at least 10-15 times before she finally kicked over. In ONE adjustment, my car was cold starting in 3 cranks (very common for e85, can't get much better than that).

Overall, i couldnt be happier. Josh was a Huge savings over the dyno tuner. Wish i would of found out much sooner. But lesson learned. And as long as I have this s2k (or future ones), I will definitely be going to him for engine management.

Definitely reach out to him for pricing and what work he does, you will NOT be disappointed.
The following users liked this post:
Spoolin (10-25-2017)