S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Air/Fuel Problems here

Old 11-09-2008, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Air/Fuel Problems here

Well. the car had been running very good lately until the other day. No smoke out of exhuast. Thankfully anymore after my turbo seal rebuild. I have been noticing my air/fuel ratio numbers at cruising speed have been getting wayyyy out of hand. In 5th gear and around 4k rpm the UEGO is reporting 16 even 17 with the car hesitating and like a burping effect. Once I step on the gas the UEGO shows green and around 12's while building boost. I checked all lines and pipes. Everythings is clear and dandy. The car Idles at 13 sometimes 14.5 all the way to 15. Does not go into red in idle. It is concerning how it only does it at cruising speeds that it drops to severe red area. 17's! almost off the charts. What do you guys think is going on here? Hopefully nothing expensive!
Old 11-09-2008, 07:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what kind of management are you running?

if the car stoiches out under a heavier load it could be the o2 sensors. depends on how quickly your management puts the car into open loop.

give us some more info about your management, tune, fuel system, and any changes that might have happened to your car.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:05 PM

Hey your the guy on my aol buddy list ^^^^^ Oh well, Nothing has changed on the car ever since. Besides it being cold outside now. I have AEM. I have 880cc injects. I cant think of what might be going on. It was running just fine last week. There is nothing that I did to the car as in mods either.... Im no expert on this stuff, still learning.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its possible your o2 sensor went then. they do go from time to time!

anybody else can chime in?

btw skreemr i was looking for some info the other day and your name popped up. i tried to AIM you but i figured it out by the time you got back to me. hope that clears things up for you
Old 11-09-2008, 08:29 PM

I though the AEM did not read O2 sensor like that? Sorry, if I sound like a moroan. I did have to jump start my car the other day cause i drained the battery. Could it possibly this change in weather????

edit::: If it were another prob would it run lean even at idle???
Its only doing it at cruising speeds....hit the gas and it goes rich just like its supposed to and feels fine. Cruise at 4k RPMS and starts to drop to 16 and 17 as i off the throttle slightly and studders as i on the throttle slightly, but like I said Idle is fine from what I can see.

I just don't want to harm my engine in anyway guys. Thanks.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:49 AM

Have someone reputable take a look at your map and explain to them what's going on. You could try the AEM forums. Sounds like it's either the sensor or your tune.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:55 PM

fuel pump could be dieing, can not keep up with demand under wot
Old 11-10-2008, 01:57 PM

^That makes no sense. His AFRs drop into the 12's when he goes WOT. He is seeing high AFR's under part-throttle cruising.

I would take it to a tuner, and just get the partial-throttle tuned a bit richer. When you are cruising at the high AFR's, do they drop if you put, say, 50% throttle (not enough to engage high-load fuel table settings)? If you modulate the throttle (punch it, cruise, punch it, etc. a few times in a row), does the AFR dip appropriately with the throttle punch?

I would guess a combo of the cold weather and the tune is throwing it off. If your AFR's are fine under high load, its not the sensors or the fuel system, as they are kicking in under appropriate load...

Its only gotten cold here in FL over the past week or so. It could also be a batch of bad gas...

Its kinda the opposite for me (not sure why), but I am running about .5 AFR RICHER than in the heat of summer... I am getting re-tuned hopefully next week.

Good luck with it!

John
Old 11-10-2008, 03:19 PM

this is just great I tried to start the car in the garage right now after a day of not driving it and the air/fuel #'s start dropping like crazy to 17 almost off the charts 17.8. The car feels unstable at idle now too. Turned it off. Do I have to get a tow truck or can I baby it to a shop close to me?
Old 11-10-2008, 03:31 PM

hmmm so I am breaking it down to myself... It has to be either injectors, o2 sensor, fuel pump, fuel filter, weather change????

Hear is a big ? Can I still manage to drive it like I'm 97 on a pacemaker to a shop?

Quick Reply: Air/Fuel Problems here