S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Comptech w/ Aftercooler suggestions

Old 04-05-2005, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comptech w/ Aftercooler suggestions

I'm very new to FI setups and would love some opinions/advice...

starting with a stock '02, other than the comptech sc kit... what mod's and rough prices should I add? Rough guess as to total cost to expect for install/tuning with a dyno and all? Pro's / Con's to going FI on an F20c? People generally run 6-7lbs boost right? I have a stock rearend, but have been toying with the idea of the reinforced rear diff, would that be recommended? Rear drive something I should look into?

I have a clutch/flywheel setup that will be perfect for it, but am curious about any fuel rail(injector) changes and such.

Thanks all,
Chris
Old 04-05-2005, 08:35 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Moving to the F.I. forum.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by xviper,Apr 5 2005, 08:35 AM
Moving to the F.I. forum.
ooops, thanks
Old 04-05-2005, 12:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I purchased (and install tomorrow!) the comptech reinforced diff, as well as the 4.57 gears from richmond. The gears are stronger than stock, so that helps with the power too.

I'm also planning on using an ACT HD Pressure Plate, but keeping with the OEM clutch and throwout bearing. For 6-7lbs of boost that's all you really need.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:59 PM

Just installed a Comptech Supercharger w/ Aftercooler & Tech2Drew 7psi Pulley this past weekend. Roughly 1 month ago i invested in the Hardtopguy Clutch Kit including the OEM Disc & Throw-Out Bearing, ACT Heavy Duty Pressure Plate, and Comptech Flywheel.
So far I am extremely happy, however I did also purchase a VAFC (which i would recommend) yesterday that we will be installing into my car next monday to turn the fuel up a little bit as I am running rather lean once vtec kicks in.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Black Nugget,Apr 5 2005, 12:59 PM
Just installed a Comptech Supercharger w/ Aftercooler & Tech2Drew 7psi Pulley this past weekend. Roughly 1 month ago i invested in the Hardtopguy Clutch Kit including the OEM Disc & Throw-Out Bearing, ACT Heavy Duty Pressure Plate, and Comptech Flywheel.
So far I am extremely happy, however I did also purchase a VAFC (which i would recommend) yesterday that we will be installing into my car next monday to turn the fuel up a little bit as I am running rather lean once vtec kicks in.
Thats the exact clutch/flywheel setup I'm running now, most other performance parts that I would need included I guess? 7psi pulley and whats in the kit will have me up and running... I was looking at the AEM EMS, is that a good alternative to the VAFC? I have ZERO experience with both...

-c
Old 04-05-2005, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by cmrs2k,Apr 5 2005, 04:54 PM
I was looking at the AEM EMS, is that a good alternative to the VAFC? I have ZERO experience with both...

-c
I as well was looking into the AEM EMS for my car but once quoted the price for the part & price for the install/tuning.. i just opted to go with the VAFC instead as it is a pretty easy install & much cheaper to tune.
Granted, from what i understand you can squeeze more power from a AEM EMS than a VAFC, but at where i am right now, i am more trying to just get my fuel map correct than squeeze extra power out.

*disclaimer* - i am no car expect, not a mechanic, not a tuner.. the information i give is off my personal knowledge through speaking with friends and reading through forums. if my information is incorrect i apologize. most of my posts are OPINIONATED
Old 04-05-2005, 04:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're not already planning on it, the Comptech aftercooler is a good option. If you go with the aftercooler and a smaller pulley (7 or 9 lbs) then you may also want to go with the Spearco front mount intercooler.

My Comptech reinforced diff failed. I'd skip it. I wish I had. If your diff does ever fail, replace it with a 04 or 05 diff. A complete 04/05 diff can sometimes be found for as little as $900 to $1000. I've had better luck with the 04 diff than I did with the comptech reinforced.

As for other mods, I really like the combination of the 4.5x final drive with the supercharger.

The new price on the AEM EMS is $$$$, but you can find them used for less than 1/2 cost. I picked one up for about $1,000 and a friend of mine just bought one for $750. If you go with the EMS then I recommend you have an experienced tuner dyno tune it. That will run another $300 plus.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by msm_s2k,Apr 5 2005, 07:41 PM
If you go with the aftercooler and a smaller pulley (7 or 9 lbs) then you may also want to go with the Spearco front mount intercooler.
something like this

Old 04-07-2005, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Black Nugget,Apr 5 2005, 03:59 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong but I heard several times the vafc only leans up the fuel, it cannot add it.

Quick Reply: Comptech w/ Aftercooler suggestions