S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

e85 supporting mods for boost

 
Old 06-21-2019, 07:09 PM
  #1  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 114
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e85 supporting mods for boost

I bought a used Greddy kit and I want to squeeze as much as I can out of it reliably. I put together list of supporting mods and want advice whether they are well chosen parts to support flex fuel setup. Still havent decided on the ECU (Infinity or AEM v2). The kit came with: the greddy turbo, pfab manifold, hot/cold side piping, intercooler, BOV, Wastegate, Downpipe and oil relocation.


-Injectors - 1050Xcc ID: https://www.realstreetperformance.co...05-11mm-2.html

-GM Flex Fuel Sensor:
https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-13507128-Original-Equipment-Sensor/dp/B073ZQ1G2P/ref=asc_df_B073ZQ1G2P/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312373636797&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5578378046250619547&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9031627&hvtargid=pla-568841504762&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-13507128-Original-Equipment-Sensor/dp/B073ZQ1G2P/ref=asc_df_B073ZQ1G2P/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312373636797&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5578378046250619547&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9031627&hvtargid=pla-568841504762&psc=1


-Fuel Line Quick Disconnect 3/8" Steel to 5/16" Nylon Tubing: https://www.dormanproducts.com/itemd...EName=800-0855

-E85 Flex Fuel Sensor Connector Pigtail Plastic Fuel Composition Ethanol-
https://www.amazon.com/Connector-Pigtail-Plastic-Composition-Ethanol/dp/B07115TSNK/ref=pd_bxgy_263_img_2/147-1252377-4386567?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07115TSNK&pd_rd_r=9a04d268-9481-11e9-86a8-c5ace3dfaeef&pd_rd_w=0kdD0&pd_rd_wg=ckK3v&pf_rd_p=a2006322-0bc0-4db9-a08e-d168c18ce6f0&pf_rd_r=K0DD0E4KZSRAB2PTTA2T&psc=1&refRID=K0DD0E4KZSRAB2PTTA2T https://www.amazon.com/Connector-Pigtail-Plastic-Composition-Ethanol/dp/B07115TSNK/ref=pd_bxgy_263_img_2/147-1252377-4386567?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07115TSNK&pd_rd_r=9a04d268-9481-11e9-86a8-c5ace3dfaeef&pd_rd_w=0kdD0&pd_rd_wg=ckK3v&pf_rd_p=a2006322-0bc0-4db9-a08e-d168c18ce6f0&pf_rd_r=K0DD0E4KZSRAB2PTTA2T&psc=1&refRID=K0DD0E4KZSRAB2PTTA2T


-E85 Content Analyzer: Zeitronix ECA : SEMA Award Winning Ethanol Content Analyzer and Flex Fuel Sensor for E-85 and E-85/gasoline Blends

-Aeromotive 340 lph Fuel Pump: Aeromotive - Aeromotive 11142 s2000 Fuel Pump #AEO11142
landapanda is offline  
Old 06-21-2019, 10:10 PM
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 683
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default

I have an aem EMS v2 that I'll sell you for dirt cheap along with some injectors. PM me if you are interested.
umair is offline  
Old 06-22-2019, 07:08 AM
  #3  
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: College Station
Posts: 828
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default

If you get the infinity, you won't need zeittronix unit. I'd recommend the gaugeart multiguage that will display everything.
bruthaboost is online now  
Old 06-22-2019, 07:22 AM
  #4  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 855
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bruthaboost View Post
If you get the infinity, you won't need zeittronix unit. I'd recommend the gaugeart multiguage that will display everything.
I 2nd this. But AEM has a gauge called AEMNET that is less than half the cost of the gauge art and allows you to cycle through whatever information you're trying to see.
Charper732 is offline  
Old 06-22-2019, 10:57 AM
  #5  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 128
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default

I would seriously consider a larger injector for E85. I ran out of fuel on my ID1000's at 14 psi. Get 1300cc or 1650cc. Also recommend a Walbro 450 or Walbro 525.

Also, a fuel pressure sensor when going AEM Infinity is a must! The Clean Injection sensor from eBay worked well for me: https://www.ebay.com/itm/182811951850

For tuner, I highly recommend Jeff Evans for a flex fuel eTune if you don't have a local tuner you trust. He has high attention to detail and won't hesitate to help you if you run into issues. He also has a great price for a flex fuel tune.
jdmz is offline  
Old 06-22-2019, 06:20 PM
  #6  
 
AP1Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 611
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts
Default

IF you go aem EMS V2 and I can get you all fixed up on a great tune look at my reviews on here
AP1Chief is offline  
Old 06-23-2019, 10:30 AM
  #7  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 114
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jdmz View Post
I would seriously consider a larger injector for E85. I ran out of fuel on my ID1000's at 14 psi. Get 1300cc or 1650cc. Also recommend a Walbro 450 or Walbro 525.

Also, a fuel pressure sensor when going AEM Infinity is a must! The Clean Injection sensor from eBay worked well for me: https://www.ebay.com/itm/182811951850

For tuner, I highly recommend Jeff Evans for a flex fuel eTune if you don't have a local tuner you trust. He has high attention to detail and won't hesitate to help you if you run into issues. He also has a great price for a flex fuel tune.
Does larger injectors and pump affect the tune at all for a small turbo? So If I wanted to upgrade down the road I’d have all those supporting mods.

Added fuel pressure sensor to the list. Appreciated!
landapanda is offline  
Old 06-23-2019, 10:43 AM
  #8  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 114
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Charper732 View Post
I 2nd this. But AEM has a gauge called AEMNET that is less than half the cost of the gauge art and allows you to cycle through whatever information you're trying to see.
Perfect that’s the one gauge I really needed.
landapanda is offline  
Old 06-23-2019, 07:21 PM
  #9  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 128
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by landapanda View Post
Does larger injectors and pump affect the tune at all for a small turbo? So If I wanted to upgrade down the road I’d have all those supporting mods.

Added fuel pressure sensor to the list. Appreciated!
You will need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to lower your pressure with the walbro 450. I was pinned at 76 psi or so with the stock Fpr.

The 1300cc injectors idle better than my Id1000... I got the fuel injection connection injectors for less than $500 on memorial day. Their calibration data was way off though but my tuner sorted it out.

Not sure if the aem V2 does the same thing but my infinity compensates for fuel pressure changes so I could adjust the fuel pressure without affecting my tune. It's really nice and adds another level of protection for your engine.
jdmz is offline  
Old 06-25-2019, 05:25 PM
  #10  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 114
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jdmz View Post
You will need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to lower your pressure with the walbro 450. I was pinned at 76 psi or so with the stock Fpr.

The 1300cc injectors idle better than my Id1000... I got the fuel injection connection injectors for less than $500 on memorial day. Their calibration data was way off though but my tuner sorted it out.

Not sure if the aem V2 does the same thing but my infinity compensates for fuel pressure changes so I could adjust the fuel pressure without affecting my tune. It's really nice and adds another level of protection for your engine.
Yeah I figured I would need the afr with a 450 fuel pump. Does the stock fuel rail hold up well to everything else?
Good thing I picked up an infinity yesterday for a decent deal haha. I'll make sure to find a tuner who knows infinity well and can make that fuel pressure readings stable.
landapanda is offline  

Quick Reply: e85 supporting mods for boost


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands