S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Engine Torque Damper

Old 12-30-2017, 06:13 AM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Mijae007
Get aftermarket mounts that arent fluid filled such as innovative, ballade oem+, or vibratechnics. With these an etd shouldnt be necessary but will still help with "engine flex".

He's FI'ed and is probably around 300wtq. All stock mounts tear and leak on higher mileage s2000s, even stock. The stock mounts allow for a lot of lateral movement and an ETD should minimize that. My buddy has a ct supercharger kit and said the Ingalls etd helped tremendously with engine response (which probably means less movement of the engine).
any idea how he installed the Ingalls along with the comptech bracket? Would love to get more info because my aftermarket motor mounts are driving me crazy!
Old 12-30-2017, 02:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And my thinking is to "preserve" and extend the life of the OEM mounts in my 14K mile 07 AP2.
Old 02-28-2018, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Coloradocurt
I'm boning up on the trade-off options/differences between upgrading the mounts and using an engine torque damper to help preserve the OEM mounts. My question relates to SC installations with the Kraftwerks C38: Is there an effective engine torque damper which can be mounted on that setup? I've read some impressive reviews of the Ingalls, but their bracket which mounts it to the engine interferes with the Kraftwerks SC bracket.
And as a general question, what do you guys do to address the issue of the OEM mounts having such a short life?
Just want to stop in and say i have a KW c38-91 installed with the Ingalls ETD. There is no interference in the bracket. It can be a little bit of a bitch getting the ETD bracket onto the block, but nothing interferes and according to billman is the only ETD he'd recommend using with the KW kit
Old 03-02-2018, 12:40 AM

Received 186 Likes on 160 Posts

Would it be possible to mount up an ETD with a Vortech kit? I'd really like that added upper support/dampening with the blower up front but not sure if either the Spoon, Tegiwa or similar ETD's will fit in with the kit? I'm pretty sure an Ingalls ETD won't fit as the clearance between the cam cover and the blower's pulley is just too tight.
Old 04-02-2018, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RolanTHUNDER
Would it be possible to mount up an ETD with a Vortech kit? I'd really like that added upper support/dampening with the blower up front but not sure if either the Spoon, Tegiwa or similar ETD's will fit in with the kit? I'm pretty sure an Ingalls ETD won't fit as the clearance between the cam cover and the blower's pulley is just too tight.
Don't have experience with the vortech kit but from pics it is really close and it looks like the vortech bracket might not fit with the ingalls
Old 04-02-2018, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by echofilter
Don't have experience with the vortech kit but from pics it is really close and it looks like the vortech bracket might not fit with the ingalls
Yeah I figured that too. The Vortech VTEC sandwich plate is quite thick extending the solenoid closer to the shock strut. I doubt the ETD would fit then.
Ingalls definitely not since the Vortech blower sits in that space... ah well... I'll try an ETD whilst I'm still NA to see how I like it
Old 04-03-2018, 04:45 AM

If you extend the Ingalls bracket it'll work with the vortech
Old 04-03-2018, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by afzan
If you extend the Ingalls bracket it'll work with the vortech
How would one extend it?
Old 04-04-2018, 07:51 AM

cut it and weld a piece of steel on to extend it..
Old 04-05-2018, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by afzan
cut it and weld a piece of steel on to extend it..
Trying to visualize... kind of have an image in my mind now lol.
Would be great if "traditional" ETD's could be used on either side of the engine and not just by the VTEC solenoid side.

Quick Reply: Engine Torque Damper