F1 EFR 7670 Twinscroll External Wastegate Full-Race kit install - Page 2 - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > Special Interest > S2000 Forced Induction
Reload this Page >

F1 EFR 7670 Twinscroll External Wastegate Full-Race kit install

Notices
S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.
Sponsored by:

F1 EFR 7670 Twinscroll External Wastegate Full-Race kit install

Old 07-15-2018, 08:24 PM
  #11  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
F1TwoThousand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 271
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Default




Ended up busting her open lol. Dead set on keeping the bellmouth velocity stack and piping straight to get that loud turbo intake sound
F1TwoThousand is offline  
Old 07-15-2018, 09:40 PM
  #12  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,652
Thanked 41 Times in 34 Posts
Default

DavidNJ is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to DavidNJ For This Useful Post:
F1TwoThousand (09-15-2018)
Old 07-16-2018, 07:12 PM
  #13  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 303
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DavidNJ View Post
BW EFR turbos should have the best spool. TTBOMK are the only turbos with titanium aluminide turbine blades. Garrett went with hi-temp MAR-M on the new G-series, but that isn't lightweight.

For some reason Full-Race doesn't list their kit with an internal wastegate divided T4, but I imagine they would build it. The 1.05 AR EWG T4 they list with their manifolds should scroll as fast as the .92 AR twin scroll on a IWG T4 manifold, although the spooling difference should be small. Give them a call. Note that they build an EFR IWG manifold for the Supra with a 2JZ-GTE, so it wasn't an IWG issue.

I don't think there is any reason to not use the IWG on the EFR and its built in recirculating BOV. It also comes with a 3-port boost controller mounted on the compressor housing. Common changes are to use the Turbosmart IWG wastegate controller, a direct fit, and either Turbosmart recirculating Kompact BOV (they have a model that screws as a direct replacement) or the Full-Race aluminum cover over the EFR BOV.

There is a guy running a compound turbo S2000 with two EFRs. Videos on YouTube and I believe a thread here.

Sound Performance has a Quick Spool Valve (not cheap) that fits between a twin scroll T4 turbine housing and a non-divided T4 manifold. It has a flapper that directs the flow to one scroll. 4 years ago BW displayed an EFR turbine housing that had a similar flapper built into the housing so it could use a divided T4 manifold, but it apparently never made production.

Then, of course, there is anti-lag. BW has a speed sensor for the EFR and an EGT sensor may also be helpful to avoid excessive turbine spool or temps.

Full Race discontinued IWG kits for the s2000, too many fitment issues and not a lot of people ordered it. I personally went with a custom made IWG manifold.
ninetysixyenko is offline  
Old 07-16-2018, 07:14 PM
  #14  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 303
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

If you decide to go IWG, I have my custom kit for sale. LOL.
ninetysixyenko is offline  
Old 07-16-2018, 07:43 PM
  #15  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
F1TwoThousand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 271
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Never heard of iwg fitment issues. I did see alot of posts of basically everyone agreeing that the iwg forward facing designs really restrict ball bearing turbos. F22 and f20c engines are high efficiency engines that hate backpressure. I feel in the end that is why fullrave discontinued iwg kits for s2k and now only offer external wastegate. As for fitment issues the kit fits excellent. I just cut up near the passenger side headlight because i wanted to stuff a huge 6" filter and bellmouth had i gone with a 4" filter it would fit like a glove..
F1TwoThousand is offline  
Old 07-17-2018, 07:17 AM
  #16  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 303
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by F1TwoThousand View Post
Never heard of iwg fitment issues. I did see alot of posts of basically everyone agreeing that the iwg forward facing designs really restrict ball bearing turbos. F22 and f20c engines are high efficiency engines that hate backpressure. I feel in the end that is why fullrave discontinued iwg kits for s2k and now only offer external wastegate. As for fitment issues the kit fits excellent. I just cut up near the passenger side headlight because i wanted to stuff a huge 6" filter and bellmouth had i gone with a 4" filter it would fit like a glove..

their design of the Downpipe is what created the backpressure. There's a few custom kits out there without the back pressure issue, such as my own.

the fitment issue was with other aftermarket parts. For example, you couldnt run a TurboSmart WG actuator with their kit, and IMO, it is a must have mod. The stock WG actuator uses preload to adjust boost and causes poor WG flow from restricting valve movement (also creating back pressure). TurboSmart uses interchangeable springs and allows full WG valve swing.
ninetysixyenko is offline  
Old 07-17-2018, 12:10 PM
  #17  
 
R00567's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 987
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Nice build! Love to see full race stuff. To the OP, have you taken into consideration the amount of heat that manifold is going to put off? I also saw you are not relocating the oil filter because it "fits", have you taken into consideration how bad the downpipe is going to heat up the filter / possibly your oil supply by leaving the oil filter in the stock location?

Do you have any cooling system upgrades? or is it primarily a street driven car? Keep up the good work!
R00567 is offline  
Old 07-17-2018, 01:54 PM
  #18  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
F1TwoThousand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 271
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by R00567 View Post
Nice build! Love to see full race stuff. To the OP, have you taken into consideration the amount of heat that manifold is going to put off? I also saw you are not relocating the oil filter because it "fits", have you taken into consideration how bad the downpipe is going to heat up the filter / possibly your oil supply by leaving the oil filter in the stock location?

Do you have any cooling system upgrades? or is it primarily a street driven car? Keep up the good work!
Yes manifold will be fully wrapped with DEI titanium heatwrap. I was going to ceramic coat the manifold because i did not want heatwrap taking up space(makes getting to manifold bolts harder) but the full race manifold is so well designed and leaves plenty of space around the exhaust manifold bolts that i will be able to heat wrap the entire manifold without worrying about not getting to the bolts later. Also heatwrap performs better than any ceramic coating to keep heat in. Also ive heard of wrapping a manifold might make it 'crack faster' but i tried getting the best quality manifold so i wont have to worry and and after picking it up it feels like you can hoist an engine by this manifold it feels that strong... and excellent question about oil filter. My solution is i will build a koozie cup style thermal barrier blanket and that keep it with the stock oil cooler ring and that should really help. It is 100% street driven car wih oem 'sleeper look' goal is to make quickest spooling max horsepower on t4 turbo and maintain quietest ride smoothest driveability possible on stock looking ap2. As for cooling i have CSF radiator spal 12" fans and no thermostat(i live in texas and ballbearing turbo is water cooled so it will get water temp up quickly) Also running silicone radiator hoses which i do not reccommend because youd be surprised how much pressure is required to get them to fully seal (silicone is hard to clamp down and very slippery over metal)
F1TwoThousand is offline  
Old 07-17-2018, 02:00 PM
  #19  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
F1TwoThousand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 271
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ninetysixyenko View Post
their design of the Downpipe is what created the backpressure. There's a few custom kits out there without the back pressure issue, such as my own.

the fitment issue was with other aftermarket parts. For example, you couldnt run a TurboSmart WG actuator with their kit, and IMO, it is a must have mod. The stock WG actuator uses preload to adjust boost and causes poor WG flow from restricting valve movement (also creating back pressure). TurboSmart uses interchangeable springs and allows full WG valve swing.


I see yes that downpipe makes a sharp and adds tons of heat the way its routed. Also the air filter is not in the ideal location and i can see how adding a bigger internal wastegate would be a pain
F1TwoThousand is offline  
Old 07-17-2018, 03:40 PM
  #20  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Rapid City, SD
Posts: 2,750
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Default

That is my set up, and honestly the overall fitment is great with the kit. I do have a turbosmart wastegate as well wedged in there. Also so far no real heat issues with the way I have everything sleeved. This setup doesn't make the most power but its perfect for the street with a wide tq band.
ZSAK is offline  

Quick Reply: F1 EFR 7670 Twinscroll External Wastegate Full-Race kit install


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands