S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Fuel Pressure Maxed out

Old 06-06-2019, 04:05 PM

Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyle
ID1300s are $900.....Grams will more than satisfy his goals of 400whp. "Minor documented issues" occur from almost every manufacturer from time to time. If the Grams injectors were as much of a problem as their fuel pumps we'd assuredly know this by now. I don't think advising someone against something that has worked for plenty of others and will work for them and their goals and instead pointing them towards something that costs twice as much is good advice....Sorry. You seem to be making good power with your car, more than he wants to make, and you've said you've had your kit installed for a couple of years now with no issues. That being said I don't think you need to promote Grams, but at the same time given your success, I'm not seeing a reason to advise against them either.
im simply resonating the concerns brought forth to me by evans tuning. he has more experience than I do with grams and im not trying to bash their products as I still have them on my car. But if I were to do it all over again I would go with 1300's. I gave my opinion on the matter, and I have zero issues with people disagreeing with it.
Old 06-06-2019, 08:29 PM

Received 616 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by outeiroj
im simply resonating the concerns brought forth to me by evans tuning. he has more experience than I do with grams and im not trying to bash their products as I still have them on my car. But if I were to do it all over again I would go with 1300's. I gave my opinion on the matter, and I have zero issues with people disagreeing with it.
I'm not arguing with you either. Evans is a reputable dude, one of the best on the east coast, and from my research he's only had one instance where Grams injectors gave him an issue, no? It would be fair to say that not all injectors are created equally, so them having quirks on certain platforms (AP2, non-returnless) is a possibility, even though you have not. Won't argue against ID being king in the game either. I have ID1050x and I'm doing a KW build myself. I had bought the IDs before I got my kit, otherwise I'd run the Grams with full confidence for my goals, which can only go so high in my state on an AP1. You're also from CT, correct? Without the availability of E85 I really don't think you need any more injector for your car on pump gas. While I agree it's always best to overkill, I don't think I've really seen anyone recommend against 1000cc injectors for a modest 400whp on pump gas, in fact, that's what most people advise. I'm just trying to get your reasoning, not necessarily for the Grams themselves, but the necessity for 1300cc over the 1000s for such modest goals. Cost is a pretty big factor there; ID1300s are nearly double the price of 1000c injectors, a big jump in cost for something that ultimately might not be necessary.

Plus, Rolan is in South Africa; it's a little bit harder for him to make the switch than it would be for us XD.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:27 PM

Received 187 Likes on 161 Posts

I'm not arguing with you either. Evans is a reputable dude, one of the best on the east coast, and from my research he's only had one instance where Grams injectors gave him an issue, no? It would be fair to say that not all injectors are created equally, so them having quirks on certain platforms (AP2, non-returnless) is a possibility, even though you have not. Won't argue against ID being king in the game either. I have ID1050x and I'm doing a KW build myself. I had bought the IDs before I got my kit, otherwise I'd run the Grams with full confidence for my goals, which can only go so high in my state on an AP1. You're also from CT, correct? Without the availability of E85 I really don't think you need any more injector for your car on pump gas. While I agree it's always best to overkill, I don't think I've really seen anyone recommend against 1000cc injectors for a modest 400whp on pump gas, in fact, that's what most people advise. I'm just trying to get your reasoning, not necessarily for the Grams themselves, but the necessity for 1300cc over the 1000s for such modest goals. Cost is a pretty big factor there; ID1300s are nearly double the price of 1000c injectors, a big jump in cost for something that ultimately might not be necessary.

Plus, Rolan is in South Africa; it's a little bit harder for him to make the switch than it would be for us XD.
Yeah so basically its not just $900 to my door... it's a LOT more lol.
Old 06-07-2019, 02:16 AM

Received 426 Likes on 362 Posts

From my personal experience Injector Dynamics is not worth it at all, their quality control and customer service is a joke.
Keep the Grams, I'm sure they will be fine
Old 06-07-2019, 06:34 AM

Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

Although we only have 2 e85 gas stations I work in the auto industry and have availability for ethanol in barrel form at a very very good price.

I opted to stay pump gas currently due to not wanting to grenade my stock rear end. But at the same time, 2 years removed there are a few things I would do differently. 1 of them is going to 1300s and getting a separate tune for e85. The 8.8 rear I have sitting at home keeps staring at me however I have no reason to put it in.

Like I said, not saying they are junk, otherwise they wouldn’t be on my car. I didn’t drop 7k on a build from inline-pro to put shit parts in my car. Also my regrets are more so from believing that I would be happy @ sub 500hp. Unfortunately there are no take backs

GL with your kit, look forward to seeing the dyno numbers when your done
Old 06-12-2019, 09:11 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by timg
Fuel pump flow rate decreases significantly with increasing fuel pressure (assuming a centrifugal pump like the 450).
Injector flow rate increases with increasing fuel pressure.

Either could limit you. Do the math based on the pump and injector curves. A good example of this is a V8 with ID850's and a Walbro 450. The fuel pump is limiting even though a lot of people go with ID1050 or ID1300. You need a low base pressure (30-40 psi) to max out the injectors and pump simultaneously under boost.

Tim
This pretty much explained my situation. On top of that, I have stock feed lines so pressure at the pump is going to be much higher than pressure at the rail. So in my situation the 450 ran out of flow at those high pressures.

I ended up getting Fuel Injection Connection 1300cc on sale for $475. They sent me the wrong ones at first but machined the top to fit. Their injector data was also way off. But the injectors idled smoothly, better than my IDs (probably because it needed a cleaning) and I'm down to 80-90% duty cycle at 14-15 psi and 55 psi base pressure. I touched 90% for a quick second when the boost hit 14.9 at redline. If I did it all over again I'd probably get 1700cc injectors from fuel injector connection which was only ~100 bux more.
Old 06-15-2019, 12:02 AM

Received 187 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by flanders
From my personal experience Injector Dynamics is not worth it at all, their quality control and customer service is a joke.
Keep the Grams, I'm sure they will be fine
Thanks, I shall keep the Grams