S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Greddy Turbo Kit vs InlinePro Turbo Kit?

Old 01-25-2008, 03:14 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Spec_Ops2087,Jan 26 2008, 07:59 AM
Yes but with a smaller turbo comes less TP required to "initiate" boost.
So press it less.

Look, the only thing I don't want is to press the throttle to x percentage and over a period of time have the amount of boost increase. IE lag.

To my eyes, the ideal setup is an always spooled turbo that will give me a known amount of boost instantaneously at a certain throttle position. The closer I can get to that the better.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since I live in Cali and we have smogs like every two years, or something, CARB legal is the only way to go so Greddy is the better kit for me at least.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:07 AM

Since this kit is fully spooled at 3900 won't this rob your mpg on the highway. Also, wouldn't you want a tiny bit bigger turbo for autox/rr. I would think that something that max spools round vtech would be ideal. I'm almost always round that range and if not I definately down shift to get there. JMHO
Old 01-26-2008, 09:54 AM

Well seeing that you're not from California...InlinePro. Although, the InlinePro kit will probably be a bit more pricier.

The Greddy kit is very complete, and you can have one for roughly $4000 from some of the sponsors on this site. It'll have everything you need including their engine management system and intercooler. The InlinePro seems like you would need a lot of upgrading as well as an expensive EMS with tuning.

Being in California, it's not even a question I'm going with Greddy. But if cops are the least of your worries, I'd look elsewhere for a more powerful kit.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:03 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Carnine,Jan 26 2008, 11:07 AM
Since this kit is fully spooled at 3900 won't this rob your mpg on the highway. Also, wouldn't you want a tiny bit bigger turbo for autox/rr. I would think that something that max spools round vtech would be ideal. I'm almost always round that range and if not I definately down shift to get there. JMHO
it may fully spool early, but that's at WOT. iono about you, but i dont 'cruise' at WOT on the freeway. when just maintaining speed it's very easy to stay out of boost.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:42 PM

Does the Greddy kit come w/ or w/o a BOV? Seems like in the install threads I see there is no BOV.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:50 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

BOV must be purchased separately.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:47 PM

Received 104 Likes on 68 Posts

how much is the bov? whats the potential the greddy kit can push it if later on i put more into it?
Old 01-30-2008, 05:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i see this in the forums all the time. the PEAK WHP game.

just because you have 600whp, that doesn't mean you're going to beat a car that has 100whp less.

in order for you figure out who'll win is by reading the dyno chart.

hell, you could have a GT42 in your s2000, but in order for that beast to spool up and get you some usable power is at 9000rpm, then that's nothing.

if you could peak at lower RPM and keep that peak until the redline, that's where the money's at.

like 18g Greddy kit vs inline pro's 50 or 60 trim T3/T4, you're looking at 1000 to 2000 RPM difference between the spool up (depending on headgasket, and who your tuner is, and 10 different variation like race gas, meth injection, other supporting mods).

but here is my point.

That greddy kit is usable power. It spool up quick and it keeps going up in powerband. Your tire will not be completely destroyed by the 3rd launch at the strip and you could actually auto-x and road race and be competitive.

inline pro is great, but inline pro is more of a drag race kit for s2k than a driving turbo kit.

I think what Greddy had in mind was to come up with a kit that's complete that fits great and get you to enjoy your car and be competitive at the same time. It's the whole japanese philosophy of looking at things. It's not, having 10000whp on a car that weighs 2000 pounds (2jz swap guys).

with inline pro kit, you have to buy your own injectors, clips/harness, and EMS. so if you really think about it, greddy is the way to go. Also its carb legal! so no popo could F with you.

The great thing is to take that 18g and send it to buschur or road race and turn it into JDM evo 9 Titanium turbine 20g for $900.

I'm actually planning on getting the greddy kit after the deciding for a long time. When I bought this car, I said, if I only had 80whp more, this will be a really fun car and obviously Greddy thought so too.

If you want to drag, honestly, you need to get a firebird or a Z28 SS camero. You'll have more fun draggin with those cars that has solid axle than an S2000, that's made to turn and enjoy.

But this is my evolution after 10 years of drag racing, 4 years of auto-xing/road racing and seeing a lot of cars come and go in my short life span.

you have to have fun. but if drag racing is your thing, you need to screw inline pro and do a custom setup with GT42 and a blue printed motor with a 8:1 compression and a Detroit locker or a solid axle for the rear and gut your car out and run some mickey thompsons daily.

Old 01-31-2008, 12:21 AM

If the T518z is not enough, you can always replace it with a T618Z
It should be a direct swap and should be enough to break the stock drivetrain with ease

Chris Lum, how much is the T618Z with 10cm^2 housing?

Quick Reply: Greddy Turbo Kit vs InlinePro Turbo Kit?