S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Gtx3582 gen 2

Old 05-28-2019, 02:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Charper732
holeeee shieet. The cost of that trans is what I paid for my car when I bought it stock...lol. That thing has got to be sick as hell
That's why the rear end is stock and i stopped at 29psi

Originally Posted by DavidNJ
This begs the question: what ECU are you using? Some ECUs will enable clutchless WOT upshifts and clutchless auto-blip downshifts.

Are you going to a Ford 8.8in rear?
Im using Maxxecu Race, got clutchless upshifts. Also supports throttle blip. But should get an ecu with rev match, will probably change to Emtron in the future.

Been looking at ford/Nissan. But i think I'm going BMW. To expensive with the 8.8..since i live in Sweden.

Old 05-29-2019, 04:56 AM

Received 61 Likes on 44 Posts

I mean, stating what power level youre going for would be a key factor... precision has shit quality but they make the most power. When I was on a 6062bb, I didnt have an issue of falling out of boost. That turbo lasted less than a year and smoked like hell from brand new.

Ill be going to a 3582r next as well. Its similar to the 6262 but from what ive seen/heard, it spools a bit faster
Grouping Precision's newer stuff with their stuff of 10 years ago isn't fair. Their new stuff is significantly nicer (Koenigsegg is using them on their new hypercar FWIW). Smoking can be attributed to a number of factors, my bet is you probably didn't play around with oil pressure at the turbo.

@hatrickstu also has a build thread of a car he drives on the street. However, he uses C90 and has hit 960hp @ 42psi boost. Enough to earn him several third-party videos. He simply ran out of turbo, leaving maybe 200hp on the table.
Where is 200hp coming from?

Originally Posted by Sarén-Swe
664whp/623nm.

I want to drive some this year and dont blow up the engine. Car is for trackdays and timeattack. Still havent changed the rear end...blew the gearbox up in the end of last season(470whp). So the gearbox is upgraded. Everything else supports around 1000hk.

Might max the turbo in the end of this season. First tune the wg was to small, 2.5bar gave 650whp@7k rpm.
Are you guys intentionally leaving the powerband like this?
Old 05-29-2019, 06:29 AM

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by hatrickstu
Grouping Precision's newer stuff with their stuff of 10 years ago isn't fair. Their new stuff is significantly nicer (Koenigsegg is using them on their new hypercar FWIW). Smoking can be attributed to a number of factors, my bet is you probably didn't play around with oil pressure at the turbo.
It was a 6062 Gen2...last year. Issues with even current precision turbos are well documented. Their quality control is shit. Brand new 6062bb had 3-4 times the shaft play after the very first heat cycle. I called their "Tech" about that issue and the smoking issue. They had no tolerance measurements for blade to housing clearance or in and out play...if that isn't mind blowing, I dunno what is. And about the oil pressure, I told them it was on a s2000 that sees 85psi of pressure. Their response "Do not put any additional restrictor on the turbo, our ball bearing turbos come with a built in restrictor"

That turbo lasted less than a year before the bearings gave out. I switched to a borg on the same exact setup, zero issues.
Old 05-29-2019, 07:04 AM

It was a 6062 Gen2...last year. Issues with even current precision turbos are well documented. Their quality control is shit. Brand new 6062bb had 3-4 times the shaft play after the very first heat cycle. I called their "Tech" about that issue and the smoking issue. They had no tolerance measurements for blade to housing clearance or in and out play...if that isn't mind blowing, I dunno what is. And about the oil pressure, I told them it was on a s2000 that sees 85psi of pressure. Their response "Do not put any additional restrictor on the turbo, our ball bearing turbos come with a built in restrictor"

That turbo lasted less than a year before the bearings gave out. I switched to a borg on the same exact setup, zero issues.
A built in restrictor unfortunately doesn't work on every single application. While it obviously isn't your fault that the one they send with the turbos isn't going to be adequate for every single application, a little application of common sense would tell you that more oil is going to get in a system at 100psi than one at 20psi. Turbos don't actually require a ton of oil to function correctly. Forced Performance actually makes a few different sizes for this reason.

How does that BW compare lag wise to your Precision?
Old 05-29-2019, 02:03 PM

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Where is 200hp coming from?
Simply, burning more oxygen. More boost, higher VE (less backpressure, although you already have the exhaust popping straight out of the hood, different cams, although the off-the-shelf selection of s2000 turbo cams is virtually non-existent), more displacement, higher revs, lower IAT. 200hp is a small increment over 960hp.

The new GTX4709/GTX5009 should handle 1200hp at up to a 5:1 pressure ratio, 60psi of boost. T6 flange, which is common in the 2JZ world rare/non-existent for an S2000.

Are any of the 2500hp VR38DETT's you sell 3.8L? Displacement helps. The roller cam of the S2000/K-series should produce higher revs than the VR38 flat tappet. Higher engine speed helps. There are 1800hp K-series out there...1200hp should be reasonable. 4Piston said their 2.5L K-series built for Wiesco would do 1200hp on C85. And there is always the option of using fuel with more oxygen.
Old 05-29-2019, 03:19 PM

A built in restrictor unfortunately doesn't work on every single application. While it obviously isn't your fault that the one they send with the turbos isn't going to be adequate for every single application, a little application of common sense would tell you that more oil is going to get in a system at 100psi than one at 20psi. Turbos don't actually require a ton of oil to function correctly. Forced Performance actually makes a few different sizes for this reason.

How does that BW compare lag wise to your Precision?
tbh, my experience with turbos in general is very limited. I was just going based off what precision told me and a little bit of what all the internet "experts" claimed. It came with a .035 restrictor and was told not to mess with it. Precision's claim was that it was 100% my drain that was the issue...except my drain is straight up and down and my crank is vented via 2 an -10. I still think there was an underlying problem with that turbo from the start. I don't see having too much oil pressure making bearings eat themselves and that turbo being junk in less than a year

Anyway, that comparison is kinda apples to oranges. The bw is a 257 that is maxed out at 100hp over what I was running the precision at and has a ton of tq off the line. The transient response of this turbo makes this car insanely good for driving around town and just normal driving. There is a guy with a white s2k with a J's body kit that tracks his car. He is running an F24 aswell but with a 3076r. His graph is almost identical to mine but he was able to extract a good bit more tq.
The precision was slow as hell to spool and was only pushed to 500hp, it felt like driving the car around stock tbh, until 4300ish when it came on like a freight train.
My end goal was to be in the mid-high 700s with a 3582r, but the spool is so damn good on this borg I dont know if I want to change it.

this was the borg. I dunno where my graph of the precision went.

this is the graph of the borg.

Last edited by Charper732; 05-29-2019 at 03:30 PM.
Old 05-29-2019, 03:29 PM

I forgot the guys name, but this is his graph with the F24 and a 3076r...its damn impressive as well.

Old 05-29-2019, 04:38 PM

Simply, burning more oxygen. More boost, higher VE (less backpressure, although you already have the exhaust popping straight out of the hood, different cams, although the off-the-shelf selection of s2000 turbo cams is virtually non-existent), more displacement, higher revs, lower IAT. 200hp is a small increment over 960hp.

The new GTX4709/GTX5009 should handle 1200hp at up to a 5:1 pressure ratio, 60psi of boost. T6 flange, which is common in the 2JZ world rare/non-existent for an S2000.

Are any of the 2500hp VR38DETT's you sell 3.8L? Displacement helps. The roller cam of the S2000/K-series should produce higher revs than the VR38 flat tappet. Higher engine speed helps. There are 1800hp K-series out there...1200hp should be reasonable. 4Piston said their 2.5L K-series built for Wiesco would do 1200hp on C85. And there is always the option of using fuel with more oxygen.
I am not asking how I could make another 200. I am asking how you pulled that specific number out of thin air.
Old 05-29-2019, 04:41 PM

tbh, my experience with turbos in general is very limited. I was just going based off what precision told me and a little bit of what all the internet "experts" claimed. It came with a .035 restrictor and was told not to mess with it. Precision's claim was that it was 100% my drain that was the issue...except my drain is straight up and down and my crank is vented via 2 an -10. I still think there was an underlying problem with that turbo from the start. I don't see having too much oil pressure making bearings eat themselves and that turbo being junk in less than a year

Anyway, that comparison is kinda apples to oranges. The bw is a 257 that is maxed out at 100hp over what I was running the precision at and has a ton of tq off the line. The transient response of this turbo makes this car insanely good for driving around town and just normal driving. There is a guy with a white s2k with a J's body kit that tracks his car. He is running an F24 aswell but with a 3076r. His graph is almost identical to mine but he was able to extract a good bit more tq.
The precision was slow as hell to spool and was only pushed to 500hp, it felt like driving the car around stock tbh, until 4300ish when it came on like a freight train.
My end goal was to be in the mid-high 700s with a 3582r, but the spool is so damn good on this borg I dont know if I want to change it.

this was the borg. I dunno where my graph of the precision went.

this is the graph of the borg.
"tbh, my experience with turbos in general is very limited. I was just going based off what precision told me and a little bit of what all the internet "experts" claimed."

Ok, and I am coming working in the performance industry and having first hand experience with quite a few Precision products over the years. Trust me, it's gotten way better.

Is that graph on a built engine or stock? Before I comment on the power curve
Old 05-29-2019, 05:48 PM

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

I am not asking how I could make another 200. I am asking how you pulled that specific number out of thin air.

Matchbot...the air wasn't that thin. Garrett Boost Advisor is similar.

Quick Reply: Gtx3582 gen 2