S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Gtx3582 gen 2

Old 05-29-2019, 06:06 PM

Received 61 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidNJ
Matchbot...the air wasn't that thin. Garrett Boost Advisor is similar.
So you honestly believe there was another 200hp left in my car with the mechanical components left as they were? So ~1,100whp on a 6466. Is that what you are saying?
Old 05-29-2019, 06:33 PM

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by hatrickstu
So you honestly believe there was another 200hp left in my car with the mechanical components left as they were? So ~1,100whp on a 6466. Is that what you are saying?
No...obviously not. I'm saying a few straightforward changes would increase the power by about that +/-50hp or so. You obviously tapped out that turbo. More boost would probably need some component mods. I thought you were over 10k rpm in 2018 but around 9500 at peak power now. I also mentioned displacement increases. Even bored and stroked, the F22c is a relatively small displacement engine that will need boost and revs to get the power.

None of the changes would be radical based on what you have already done. It can sound like a bit, but your car is already a relatively high budget S2k build and the cost differences wouldn't be that significant in comparison.
Old 05-29-2019, 06:40 PM

No...obviously not. I'm saying a few straightforward changes would increase the power by about that +/-50hp or so. You obviously tapped out that turbo. More boost would probably need some component mods. I thought you were over 10k rpm in 2018 but around 9500 at peak power now. I also mentioned displacement increases. Even bored and stroked, the F22c is a relatively small displacement engine that will need boost and revs to get the power.

None of the changes would be radical based on what you have already done. It can sound like a bit, but your car is already a relatively high budget S2k build and the cost differences wouldn't be that significant in comparison.
I wouldn’t feel comfortable pushing several of the major components to 1,100-1,200whp. That is a big jump from 960. Saying we “left 200hp on the table” is a pretty inaccurate representation of the situation when you are talking about having to change up several big components.

If if you want to start funding my build maybe I can start appreciating these “little” changes a bit better
Old 05-29-2019, 06:52 PM

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

"tbh, my experience with turbos in general is very limited. I was just going based off what precision told me and a little bit of what all the internet "experts" claimed."

Ok, and I am coming working in the performance industry and having first hand experience with quite a few Precision products over the years. Trust me, it's gotten way better.

Is that graph on a built engine or stock? Before I comment on the power curve
Gotten way better since last year? I will never run them on a daily car again. Not just because of what the turbo did, but the lack of customer service/ knowledge of their own product.

Neither of those graphs are stock engines. His is a F24, not sure on what all is done. Mine is also an F24 @ 11.3:1 comp with a 4 piston head +1mm intake valves.

Oh, and while you are here. What is the minimum pulse width and fuel pressure you can run id2000s at? My car on E85 has a misfire at idle (12-1300rpm) running at ~12-13:1afr at 36ish psi. If i turn on the A/C, it goes away.

Last edited by Charper732; 05-29-2019 at 06:58 PM.
Old 05-29-2019, 06:56 PM

I wouldn’t feel comfortable pushing several of the major components to 1,100-1,200whp. That is a big jump from 960. Saying we “left 200hp on the table” is a pretty inaccurate representation of the situation when you are talking about having to change up several big components.

If if you want to start funding my build maybe I can start appreciating these “little” changes a bit better

We can agree to disagree. You have one the most interesting builds here, lots of trick stuff such as the sequential gearbox and Motec dash. And some interesting small bits like the dual 3-port boost solenoids, the Magnus clutch launch controller, and the ID brushless pump that doesn't seem to be released yet.

"On 93-octane pump gas, it is capable of 600hp. E85, with its higher octane and chemical intercooling properties brings 1,000hp to the table and finally, C85 race fuel allows for even more boost and over 1,200hp worth of go." You are running C90. 4 Piston Racing's 1,000hp-Plus Honda K Series Build

Old 05-29-2019, 07:58 PM

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

We can agree to disagree. You have one the most interesting builds here, lots of trick stuff such as the sequential gearbox and Motec dash. And some interesting small bits like the dual 3-port boost solenoids, the Magnus clutch launch controller, and the ID brushless pump that doesn't seem to be released yet.

"On 93-octane pump gas, it is capable of 600hp. E85, with its higher octane and chemical intercooling properties brings 1,000hp to the table and finally, C85 race fuel allows for even more boost and over 1,200hp worth of go." You are running C90.
Quoting internet sources is cool and all, but unless you have hands on knowledge, it really doesnt apply. There are more than likely several smaller details that relates to his not wanting to go 1000+

For me, im limited to 800 to safely keep my motor together. My rod bolts are the limiting factor. Upgrade that, i need a bigger turbo..upgrade that and my IC will need to be upgraded to handle the extra air. And probably the single biggest factor...the trial and error. A lot of this shit is not exact math.
Old 05-29-2019, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Charper732
Quoting internet sources is cool and all, but unless you have hands on knowledge, it really doesnt apply. There are more than likely several smaller details that relates to his not wanting to go 1000+

For me, im limited to 800 to safely keep my motor together. My rod bolts are the limiting factor. Upgrade that, i need a bigger turbo..upgrade that and my IC will need to be upgraded to handle the extra air. And probably the single biggest factor...the trial and error. A lot of this shit is not exact math.
That was reply to Stu. Your build is different with different limits.

Not sure why you think the rod bolts impose a hp limit. They should be at their limit in tension at the end of the exhaust stroke. Do you view it as limiting engine speed?

4P, which sells that long block for about $11k with options, but obviously manifolds, turbo, ECU add to that. I believe most of the other builders have similar packages. The difference between 1000hp and 1200hp was because of the tuning allowed by the fuel, C85 which is at 85% and otherwise race gas, and E85 which can have a varying percentage of ethanol and is not completed with race gas.

I'm not recommending 1200hp street cars. These cars should be built with an objective and budget. Even then it is hard to keep things in check. Stu shop handles what I imagine are custom GT-R builds probably often running over $100k. Few S2000s are built to that standard. His build is very detailed and thought through with many clever and intriguing details. Yours is also pretty decent but just built with different constraints and resources (e.g., try to get his ID brushless fuel pump).
Old 05-30-2019, 04:31 AM

"On 93-octane pump gas, it is capable of 600hp. E85, with its higher octane and chemical intercooling properties brings 1,000hp to the table and finally, C85 race fuel allows for even more boost and over 1,200hp worth of go." You are running C90. 4 Piston Racing's 1,000hp-Plus Honda K Series Build
David, you are arguing from the sideline with no skin in the game. You keep referencing this and that online, but don't actually know what my real world situation is. I am not arguing the fact we couldn't put a turbo on capable of making the power, but I know a little bit more about my car and issues/limiting factors that have already come up at the current power level.
Old 05-30-2019, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by Charper732
Gotten way better since last year? I will never run them on a daily car again. Not just because of what the turbo did, but the lack of customer service/ knowledge of their own product.

Neither of those graphs are stock engines. His is a F24, not sure on what all is done. Mine is also an F24 @ 11.3:1 comp with a 4 piston head +1mm intake valves.

Oh, and while you are here. What is the minimum pulse width and fuel pressure you can run id2000s at? My car on E85 has a misfire at idle (12-1300rpm) running at ~12-13:1afr at 36ish psi. If i turn on the A/C, it goes away.
There isn't a magical answer to this, it's going to be a factor of fuel pressure, pulse width, air/fuel ratio, cam setup, etc. If it's misfiring at idle and then goes away at a slightly higher RPM just idle it a little richer or raise the idle.
Old 05-30-2019, 11:30 AM

David, you are arguing from the sideline with no skin in the game. You keep referencing this and that online, but don't actually know what my real world situation is. I am not arguing the fact we couldn't put a turbo on capable of making the power, but I know a little bit more about my car and issues/limiting factors that have already come up at the current power level.
Clearly, I'm bench racing, don't know your limitations (although they are fewer than virtually anyone else here). Your car is impressive and I was only discussing the engine. With ethanol blended race fuels a lot of the old limitations have gone by the wayside and the resulting cars require the extensive re-engineering typically only found in high-end race cars. Yours is one of the most impressive S2000s.

Unless there are significantly limiting constraints such as pump gas or racing class rules, the limiting contraint becomes time or money, often encountered the hard way.

Quick Reply: Gtx3582 gen 2