S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

has anyone succesfully ported greddy wastegate?

Old 04-21-2009, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just port the thing but do your best to not take off too much. If you try a different flapper whats gonna happen is its going to hit something as it tries to open and bind up, causing a ton of boost creep. I dont know what greddy's downpipe looks like, but does the wg dump into the exhaust flow or is it blocked off? If you had a custom downpipe made with a seperate pipe just for wastegate flow i bet it would make a larger difference.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

the WG flows into a smaller pipe that then gets routed into the exhuast flow, its basically a 2-1 design
Old 04-21-2009, 03:37 PM

Dont mind the indications of running lean, I fixed that with METH

Old 04-21-2009, 04:23 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

if anyone wants an extra hotside to work on this without downtime to their car, pm me! i have one extra hotside that i can sell...it's brand new.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum,Apr 21 2009, 04:23 PM
if anyone wants an extra hotside to work on this without downtime to their car, pm me! i have one extra hotside that i can sell...it's brand new.
Best thing - take that brand new hot side, send it off to roadrace engineering and have them do everything they do to make a 16G not boost creep on a DSM. It's actually a lot more involved than just opening up the wastegate hole. They port the hell out of the inlet in the turbine housing to make it easier for the exhaust gases to actually get over to the wastegate hole, and that's as important, if not more important than the size of the actual wastegate opening...
Old 04-21-2009, 05:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently ported the wastegate on my Greddy kit while installing it. I used an air grinder and just opened it up a bit. The opening now measures 1.05" if I remember right. I should have measured before I started, but forgot to.

Just took the car through emissions testing today, so the cat was installed. I'll probably be putting the test pipe on tonight or tomorrow. Aslo, still getting the boost gauge all hooked up and everything so I'll report what happens after all that's taken care of.

Question though. Will boost creep happen on stock Greddy boost 7-8psi? Or is it more noticable at higher boost?
Old 04-21-2009, 05:06 PM

doesnt matter what PSI really, if its going to creep at 7 psi it will creep at 10,12,13 psi, I would assume the creep would get worse though with the higher PSI, because of more air flow, but I creeped off the W/G spring
Old 04-21-2009, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Ahnold,Apr 21 2009, 05:01 PM
I recently ported the wastegate on my Greddy kit while installing it. I used an air grinder and just opened it up a bit. The opening now measures 1.05" if I remember right. I should have measured before I started, but forgot to.

Just took the car through emissions testing today, so the cat was installed. I'll probably be putting the test pipe on tonight or tomorrow. Aslo, still getting the boost gauge all hooked up and everything so I'll report what happens after all that's taken care of.

Question though. Will boost creep happen on stock Greddy boost 7-8psi? Or is it more noticable at higher boost?
lookin forward to seeing your results...
Old 04-21-2009, 08:31 PM

We got a few people doing this already!
Hopefuly it works out ok.

I went ahead and ported it as well. I measured the flapper valve and it's 33mm so the 34mm valve will not help much. A 35 or 36mm flapper could be fitted but it would be alot of work. Damn it I can't find the time to install this kit. Sorry guys, I won't know how the porting helped for a couple of months....I'll post here once I get the kit in.

Used my buddy's mill to take off some metal, but if you don't have access to a mill, you can always use a Dremel with a heavy duty cut-off wheel. It works just as well, just take your time.

Then a dremel to detail the porting

WG flapper valve is 33mm diameter

I ended up with a slightly oval shape port 27 x 28 mm (1.06 -1.10 in)

Old 04-21-2009, 08:34 PM

Joey, can you measure the original WG port diameter for our reference. I forgot to measure mine.

Quick Reply: has anyone succesfully ported greddy wastegate?