S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

IllestRolla's 03GPW Boost/Build * v2.0 2018 Updates*

Old 03-08-2012, 05:34 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by camuman
Originally Posted by illestrolla' timestamp='1331143077' post='21485999
[quote name='passmans2kny' timestamp='1331140177' post='21485786']
yes this is true, thats future planning right there, bc you know your going to want more than 450 down the line

Absolutely, Just want to make sure every other part of the car is ready to take it.

Previous owner made great power on pump and 10psi and still had full boost by 5800RPM.

Can't wait!

That sounds about right. That turbo is big. And I thought mine was overkill for my power lol. It will be reliable that's for sure.

Ultimately I guess your goal is around 700-800?

I bought mine with 600 in the future.
[/quote]

Looking long term, I'd say that's about right. Anything over 700whp is just stupid fast IMO

I have gone through changing out charge piping/downpipes so many times with previous cars when changing turbos/hotsides, I told myself I wanted to do this one once.

My original plans were to run a PFAB log with a 5858, but that lasted about 2 weeks

I know all too well that after a season of 500ish I will be fiend'n for more. You just get comfortable with it over time. I just wanted to ensure that the rest of the car is ready to handle it before really getting into it.

Going to get started on some of the smaller stuff this weekend. Will post some more pics of the rest of the parts prior to install!
Old 03-08-2012, 05:37 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice looking car! Good luck with the build.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:42 PM

Update city:

Took Friday off from the office to spend some quality time with my S

Tossed the car up on jackstands and a rack of beer in the fridge and got after it.

Old fans out:

New fans in:

Clutch time

Misc junk out:

Trans out:

Stock clutch and flywheel (still tons of beef left for 70k)

Comp Twin installed and torqued:

Hyrdo throwout mounted:

Got everything put back together and went to hook up the TOB lines.

Found that I am missing a union/adapter. Seller found it still clipped to his car, no biggie, it is on its way to me already.

With the trans completed and waiting on the fitting to be bled, I decided to keep moving along.

A/C lines.........yea.......those need to go.

Time to install the Ghettocrx A/c tuck kit and Alloy Craft heater reloc bracket.

Install went fairly smooth on this overall, wish I could have taken a few more pictures along the way but was by myself.

Did run into an issue where my stock coolant hose needed to be pulled off the fitting a bit for the valve to bolt up to the bracket. Quick fix, but worth noting.

Pic you can see it wasn't lining up

Lines tucked behind engine and ran to compressor/drier. Much much cleaner, big :tup: to both guys for these kits.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:02 PM

I need to get the car inspected this week once the clutch can be bled before I can start the rest of the install (and swaintech still has my mani) So I decided to chip away at a few other things as well.

The person I bought the used PFAB intercooler piping that I will be using/hacking apart thought it was cool to use JB weld for IAT sensor bungs, not cool. All my piping is being powdercoated wrinkle black so this needed to be addressed beforehand.

All tig'd up nice nice:

Valve cover is getting coated flat black. Needed some bungs first however.

Got after the timing cover as well:

And to finish up my 3 day stint of work, today I went ahead and got the PFAB intercooler mounted up

Will take some more pics but there's not much to look at, just some simple bracket work.

Stock grill crew FTW:

Well that about sums up my weekends worth of work, more to come soon!
Old 04-01-2012, 09:39 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Good progress man, I can't wait to see the numbers she puts out!!
Old 04-01-2012, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i see everyone welds female bungs onto the timing cover, why would you not just weld a -10 male bung??? seems like that would be easier. just asking since i plan on a male bung and want to make sure there would be no issue with that.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by USAF_S2K
i see everyone welds female bungs onto the timing cover, why would you not just weld a -10 male bung??? seems like that would be easier. just asking since i plan on a male bung and want to make sure there would be no issue with that.

Maybe it was just then angle of that pic, but it is a male bung.

Same exact vibrant -10 weld in males that I used on the valve cover
Old 04-02-2012, 07:01 AM

throw some baffles in the valve cover where u welded in those bungs, or ur catch can is gonna fill up rather quickly
Old 04-02-2012, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by passmans2kny
throw some baffles in the valve cover where u welded in those bungs, or ur catch can is gonna fill up rather quickly
Truth! Found this out the hard way...
Old 04-02-2012, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by sohc_mshue
Originally Posted by passmans2kny' timestamp='1333378882' post='21567181
Truth! Found this out the hard way...
same here

Quick Reply: IllestRolla's 03GPW Boost/Build * v2.0 2018 Updates*