S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

I'm part of the broken s2k club

Old 08-22-2018, 04:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by soulicious
With the CDV removed, I haven’t observed any slippage yet during hard upshifts. I do have an AP1 OEM flywheel and I broke in my clutch for 500 miles prior to re-boosting with my setup if that matters.

nice to hear. i am eager to get mine back on the road. trans is on the way and looking at clutches now. will need tires also all coming together though.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:13 AM

Received 187 Likes on 161 Posts

Have you considered the Clutch Masters FX300 or Spec Stage 2+?
Old 08-23-2018, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by RolanTHUNDER
Have you considered the Clutch Masters FX300 or Spec Stage 2+?

I actually have the fx300 in my car now. it was ok, no real complaints, littly buzzy when i first put it in. ehhh, idk, figured if i could bump up in holding power then maybe i will e85 it down the road.
Old 08-23-2018, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by camuman
I actually have the fx300 in my car now. it was ok, no real complaints, littly buzzy when i first put it in. ehhh, idk, figured if i could bump up in holding power then maybe i will e85 it down the road.
I see. LHT Performance raves about the FX300. How's the pedal feel and grip when power shifting at the redline? Is it not buzzing anymore now?
Old 08-24-2018, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by RolanTHUNDER
I see. LHT Performance raves about the FX300. How's the pedal feel and grip when power shifting at the redline? Is it not buzzing anymore now?
feels a bit stiffer then stock. nothing horrible though. grip was fine overall. i never power shifted so cant comment on that but never slipped going wot. i dont notice the buzzing anymore, but car is loud lol. so the noise might have just faded into one of the many it makes. im switching to gain more overhead on tq. i eventually want to crank it up
Old 08-25-2018, 07:05 AM
EOE

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Had SOS 325 and 4 yrs later went to ACT PP +OEM just as Billman suggested. The SOS definitely chattered loud but only in reverse, otherwise it was pretty quite. I love the ACT PP+OEM combo that's dead silent now.
Old 08-26-2018, 10:41 PM

feels a bit stiffer then stock. nothing horrible though. grip was fine overall. i never power shifted so cant comment on that but never slipped going wot. i dont notice the buzzing anymore, but car is loud lol. so the noise might have just faded into one of the many it makes. im switching to gain more overhead on tq. i eventually want to crank it up
Lol the car is loud huh
Bit stiffer than stock is OK. Any loud persistent chatter would bother me but milder sounds from the clutch I really don't mind. I can hear my OEM clutch during idle while its engaged to the flywheel and its cool to hear it go silent once I depress the clutch pedal

Have you considered Spec stage 2+ or 3? They can handle quite a lot of TQ, especially the stage 3. not sure about noise, feel, etc.
Old 08-26-2018, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by EOE
Had SOS 325 and 4 yrs later went to ACT PP +OEM just as Billman suggested. The SOS definitely chattered loud but only in reverse, otherwise it was pretty quite. I love the ACT PP+OEM combo that's dead silent now.
Many have praised the ACT PP + OEM disk combo. How does it feel? Does the stock disk still grab nicely even with SC amounts of torque? Does the clutch bite even a bit harder than OEM?
Old 08-30-2018, 07:21 AM

So the first transmission arrived today will get that home and cleaned up over the next few weeks. Now waiting on the second transmission to come also ordering a clutch. second trans is the one going in the car over the next few months. first one is a backup if things go sideways. really looking forward to the second one though.

Old 08-31-2018, 06:00 AM

Received 104 Likes on 76 Posts

So the first transmission arrived today will get that home and cleaned up over the next few weeks. Now waiting on the second transmission to come also ordering a clutch. second trans is the one going in the car over the next few months. first one is a backup if things go sideways. really looking forward to the second one though.

haven't forgotten about you bud!

Quick Reply: I'm part of the broken s2k club