S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Inline Pro 6265E Build - Mase Tuned

Old 02-27-2010, 07:11 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboR,Feb 27 2010, 12:59 AM
Congrats Scott, that's very good #'s. I can't wait till Monday
I can't wait to see your results, Mase and I are really interested to see the differences in spool, and power but your motor is going to throw it off a bit.

BTW - The AP2 cam did much better than the AP1 (I will post a dyno with each to show the big differences)
Old 02-27-2010, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to see the AP1 vs AP2 cam dyno's!
Old 02-27-2010, 09:53 PM

This is does not show the entire story but this is where we got to.

Old 02-27-2010, 09:57 PM

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

Are they both at the same boost levels? I wouldnt have thought the AP2 Ex cam would produce that much more power over the AP1.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:11 AM

That's awesome scott! congrats! Very stout numbers!!
Old 02-28-2010, 04:50 AM

Scott could you explain a bit more about the ap1 cam ap2 cam thing. How you got the two tunes with two different cams?

Also how does one tune with pump then C16, do you need to drain your tank or do you set up a small tank in the car with c16 and switch it over?

Some of the stuff you doing seems cool, I just like to learn new things and how it works!

It great to see it has all worked out! So whats next, I am really thinking about doing the SOS big bore throttle body and meth!
Old 02-28-2010, 08:24 AM

the cam dyno comparison is amazing wow
Old 02-28-2010, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Revenge,Feb 28 2010, 08:50 AM
Scott could you explain a bit more about the ap1 cam ap2 cam thing. How you got the two tunes with two different cams?

Also how does one tune with pump then C16, do you need to drain your tank or do you set up a small tank in the car with c16 and switch it over?

Some of the stuff you doing seems cool, I just like to learn new things and how it works!

It great to see it has all worked out! So whats next, I am really thinking about doing the SOS big bore throttle body and meth!
Well we did not do a back to back comparison b/c of the time needed to make the swap, see as the car needed to cool down to set the valve lash and work on it w/o getting burned. Secondly the tune was a bit different so we had to retune it a small amount on the fuel side. The big change was in the boost control, with the AP1 cam we needed quite a bit more duty cycle to get to the same boost level as the AP2. This was telling me that the AP1 with its higher duration and different centerline was allowing more intake charge to bypass thus working the turbo harder. Now this was on my street tune and we were not on the line of detonation to keep it more conservative so there is a chance the AP1 cam would allow for higher cylinder pressures w/o detonation from the better cylinder evacuation. However with a log my guess is that the huge back pressure from the manifold would allow a bit of back flow also which could be detrimental. So w/o any proof to back it up I would hypothesize that on a log / short manifold the AP2 cam is a better choice but a equal length or longer tubular manifold may be a completely different story.

Yes we did drain the tank and add the C16, you could do a dual tank setup however you would have to be very cautious b/c it will take some time to get the low octane out of the lines.

Well, some of things I do work and others are not as anticipated. It is an iterative approach and takes some time to figure out, implement and most importantly test.

Next, hmmm, the first thing that comes to mind is drive it, the car has been a garage queen for toooooooo long. After that, my biggest job will be to clean up the build and car. After that I am not sure but tires and 3.70-3.90 gears are now high on my list. Power wise, I may go forward in the future but it will not be for a long time if I do.

I have thought about meth however unless my intake temps spike in the summer I will not need it. The throttle body in my opinion is usless except for people using meth, and that is only for the seal that SOS installs to prevent sensor damage.

Old 02-28-2010, 09:16 AM

looks good man and congrats on the numbers..

can you tell me or post pics of where you mounted the new fpr? i am contemplating areas to mount and id like to see where you put yours.. thanks, brian
Old 02-28-2010, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Tech7427,Feb 28 2010, 01:16 PM
looks good man and congrats on the numbers..

can you tell me or post pics of where you mounted the new fpr? i am contemplating areas to mount and id like to see where you put yours.. thanks, brian
I am still running a rail mounted regulator, based on my calculations there was not a large volume of overfeed as I am still running a Walbro 255 so the AEM worked great.

Quick Reply: Inline Pro 6265E Build - Mase Tuned