S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Inline Pro Oil Filter relocation kit

Old 09-16-2008, 02:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inline Pro Oil Filter relocation kit

So I'm having a rediculous time getting this kit not to leak oil from one place or another and it's getting old... it seems to be leaking out of the banjo bolt that attaches it to the block as there's a gap in between the hexagonal side of the huge bolt and the "sandwich plate" and it cannot be tightened anymore, then it appears to be leaking from the feed and drain lines up near the relocated oil filter as well and these bolts cannot be tightened anymore either. Anyone else having these issues?? If so, what did you do?? I'm about ready to hondabond these damn fittings together so they stop leaking, but I want to see what some other people have done first. If all else fails, I'm about this close to tossing the damn thing in the trash or sending it back and just trying to jam the oil filter back into the oem location as I'm using a turbo that looks like I may not have even had to relocate the filter in the first place (Precision 59/61... basically an updated 3076R).

Let me know!
Old 09-16-2008, 05:20 AM

yea mine leaks to i take the bolts out and put new teflon on em and put em back in.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:25 AM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

need teflon tape, they are not pressure seals...
Old 09-16-2008, 05:39 AM

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

yep i agree from everyone else use teflon tape. I havn't had a leak yet and I just came back from a 1300 mile road trip with some mountain carving fun.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:46 AM

funny story with mine....I was at InlinePro getting my dyno. The very last pull the oil filter shot out from under the hood and across the shop. Oil was coming out like a water hose from it. Nothing was damaged, but my ass puckered in the thoughts of what may have been damaged. i tore the motor apart when i got home and luckily everything was ok. Tune was the shit! Wish it wasnt so far away
Old 09-16-2008, 09:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also have a funny story, I was drving down the street and I started to smell a bit of oil so I immediately pulled over and popped my hood. It turned out the mount for the reolcation kit had come lose somehow and the oil filter and mounting plate had fallen into the serpentine belt. One of the pulleys rubbed a hole though the oil filter and was squirting oil out of it haha. It could have been a lot worse if I did not act quick.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by neeman77,Sep 16 2008, 09:45 AM
I also have a funny story, I was drving down the street and I started to smell a bit of oil so I immediately pulled over and popped my hood. It turned out the mount for the reolcation kit had come lose somehow and the oil filter and mounting plate had fallen into the serpentine belt. One of the pulleys rubbed a hole though the oil filter and was squirting oil out of it haha. It could have been a lot worse if I did not act quick.
the bolts have broke on my relocation kit too and the filter was sitting on the lower frame bar. thank good for that!
Old 09-16-2008, 10:18 AM

hence why i bought a manifold that doesnt require relocation!
Old 09-16-2008, 10:30 AM

Teflon Paste and no leaks for me
Old 09-16-2008, 11:30 AM

Well, at least I'm not alone. I have already used the teflon tape on all of the fittings and it still doesn't seem to be working. Not to mention the gap between the banjo bolt and the sandwich adaptor is an issue the teflon tape won't fix... hmm, I might just take off the sandwich adaptor and dremel it a little bit so it mounts flush. Damn... I didn't want to drain my oil for this... boo!!

Quick Reply: Inline Pro Oil Filter relocation kit