S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Joe Alaniz out of business?

Old 05-04-2006, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Between the problems that msm_s2k, ztec, and myself had with Alaniz - I am honestly suprised why anyone continues to contact him for work.

To add to msm's comments - after receiving my head back from Alaniz I had it taken to a local machine shop to port match the intake manifold. Apparently Alaniz had resurfaced the deck with a belt sander - causing it to be warped. They had to mill 0.009 off to get it flat again.

It's amazing that everyone praises his work - yet things like this continue to happen.

Personally, I'll be referring people to Laskey Racing from this point forward! In process of doing business with him now and am nothing but pleased. His work and customer service is amazing!
Old 05-04-2006, 02:54 PM

I can't believe what I'm reading. I'm am so pleased I went with Laskey Racing for my build. Earl has taken every one of my calls and answered my noob questions patiently. So far, EXCELLENT customer service. I'm sorry you guys went through such trouble...

Erick
Old 05-04-2006, 04:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I probably should have been a lot more vocal on the forums about my experience and results. I do believe Joe is well intentioned; though I definitely do not recommend him. Good intentions don't cut it. Solid results and good customer service do.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:53 PM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I talked to Joe Alaniz today.

Joe is having very serious medical problems and I am not going into specifics with his problems other than to say he had a devastating, life changing event last year and has developed severe depression because of it.

He is now getting professional help.

He has not been in his shop or done any work in the past 10 weeks and very little in the several months prior to that. He did go to his office this week and make a few phone calls.
He promised me he will make phone calls and follow up with everyone that has work pending.

I will follow up with him frequently in an attemp to make sure he does follow through.

He has Yakrat's head done and laying on the bench with all the pieces ready to assemble. He promised me he will attend to it.

He also agreed that he needed to attend to OlegVR4s parts.

He feels terrible about the situation and I'm sure this adds to his problem. Getting these back orders cleared out will be top priority.

I had no idea how bad things were until today. I will personally go by his shop and try to work with him to get this mess cleaned up.

Those with work pending please PM me with the specifics so I can follow through with Joe.

Thank you for your understanding.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:07 PM

Sideways.. I am a healthcare professional, and have dealt with depression on a very personal basis. That is a very valid lifechanging point, and one not to be taking lightly. I hope Joe is able to seek and employ the help he needs, and has the support of family and friends. I don't know him, but wish him Godspeed in his recovery.

Erick
Old 05-04-2006, 06:36 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Nugget,May 4 2006, 06:28 PM
Apparently Alaniz had resurfaced the deck with a belt sander - causing it to be warped. They had to mill 0.009 off to get it flat again.
I can't believe what my eyes are reading

Well, although before I did say that his work is good but my statement is based on what other people have said because I only dealt with him once and it was very indirectly.

I bought an Alaniz head from someone from Florida which by the way a few valves were mushroomed from apparently a lot of heat. But anyways, different story so I bought it and then took it to my local head guy which has been dealing with race motors/heads for over 20 years. Upon inspection he came to the conclusion that the spring /retainer combination is too lose which speeds up retainer galling. On that note I went with supertech retainers/springs.

My head guy basically stated to me that there are some people that are good with porting and polishing but not so great assembling and measuring...
Old 05-05-2006, 03:51 PM

Guys thanks for the input - especially Sideways. I had heard a lot of good things about Joe's flowbench numbers and I knew he was slow. But, I didn't anticipate it taking this long, especially after taking full payment.

I am definately sympathetic of depression. It can be a debilitating condition. I will be patient as he completes the job.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear Joe is ill. I hope he gets well soon.

The quality issues, over promising then under delivering and poor customer service issues are significant and have been for quite some time. My project with Joe started over three years ago. His work has been over hyped on this board and others.

I was extremely patient with Joe. He made lots of promises and ultimately took advantage of my patients by pocketing my money and not living up to his commitments.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I defenitely hope Joe recovers however the 2 dont mix. Personal issues and business. If you can't mind the store, then it needs to be shut down if you can't live up to customer's expectations.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:54 AM

@ S2000 Europe...why sending your head to US...tehre are many engine builders in Europe!

Quick Reply: Joe Alaniz out of business?