S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.
View Poll Results: Which intercooler finish is most desired?
Polished with Logo (Standard)
6.52%
Polished without Logo (Blank)
41.30%
Black
52.17%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Kraftwerks Supercharger Kit, New and Old

Old 03-04-2015, 09:24 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Moddiction
Great thread to have going on here!!

Lots of new owners of this kit out there now!!

I'll be swapping out my vortech for one of these kits as soon as I get the time to pull it off my car!

Definitely keep us posted on this! Hopefully this thread can turn into the resource that it should be for the product.
We have an 'Owner's Thread' on the BRZ / FRS Forums that has worked out VERY well.

Once I can get some time, I can look through to users like Habit's post and link it here for reference.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:51 AM

Habit's post/build thread is one of the most comprehensive for this new kit. Explains all of the faults in the directions and the parts supplied with his kit. I would certainly be looking at that ASAP for ways to improve
Old 03-04-2015, 09:53 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by skinsfn36
Habit's post/build thread is one of the most comprehensive for this new kit. Explains all of the faults in the directions and the parts supplied with his kit. I would certainly be looking at that ASAP for ways to improve
He's referring to this one here: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/111...38-81-install/
Old 03-04-2015, 10:24 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I believe billman also made a few notes about things that were incorrect or off about the install process and parts which can also serve as suggestions for improvements.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/111...t__p__23520080

Originally Posted by Billman250
Couple of install notes...

The mounting brackets on the front mount cooler were not welded parallel to each other (one was welded level which is incorrect, one was welded angled to pitch the bottom of the cooler inward, this is correct) This could cause the unit to crack open if bolted down without shimming. With this offset, the cooler would only sit flat or pitched inward on the bottom. Always pitch the bottom of the cooler inward, or you will have major bumper interference.

There is a bit of relocating of things behind the cooler. Upon completion, NOTHING can be in contact with the back of the cooler or it will cut right through it due to vibration.

Drive belt is toothed timing belt style, and requires less tension than other SC kits. Over-tightening will wipe out the SC unit and all the pulleys, so be sure your belt tension is spot on (same as engine timing belts in other vehicles)

The idler pulleys have a black aluminum bushing insert, 2 of them were installed backwards right out of the box. If installed this way, they would rip the supercharger mounting bracket apart and do severe damage all over upon startup. One side of the pulley has a taper so this inner bushing will not bind. So be aware of ALL FOUR pulleys and the orientation of the bushings.

The instructions are outdated, and ever for their date they are the most ambiguous I have ever seen. They are pretty much useless. Mechanical competence is a must with this kit.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Thank you CJ and Kraftwerks for coming on board and answering questions. The S2Ki community certainly has invested a lot in your supercharger kit and it's good to see you investing back in them.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Excelerate Performance
Thank you CJ and Kraftwerks for coming on board and answering questions. The S2Ki community certainly has invested a lot in your supercharger kit and it's good to see you investing back in them.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:47 PM

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Well said Sir!

Keep up the good work KW!
Old 03-05-2015, 03:29 PM

I'm happy to see KW stepping it up with a thread like this. I am proud to have bought one of your kits from moddiction which is now waiting to be installed at a shop. I also went with the oem friction disk and ACT pp which is also waiting for install.

BTW I voted black but of you're reading this it's too late.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Habitforming' timestamp='1425505547' post='23527746

Originally Posted by 06S2k07Si
Well said Sir!

Keep up the good work KW!

Originally Posted by DRzS2k
I'm happy to see KW stepping it up with a thread like this. I am proud to have bought one of your kits from moddiction which is now waiting to be installed at a shop. I also went with the oem friction disk and ACT pp which is also waiting for install.

BTW I voted black but of you're reading this it's too late.

Thank you all!
Working on compiling notes from the two notable threads today to give to my GM with regards to updating the instructions.

Seems like at least having the small add-on .pdfs from the upgrades in this thread have helped as the downloads continue to grow!
Old 03-06-2015, 03:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I aksed and KW delivered. I just got my kit and the intercooler has no logo on either side. Now the challenge is to figure out whitch side is the front and which is the back.

Thank You KW!

Quick Reply: Kraftwerks Supercharger Kit, New and Old