S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

KW Pulley bolts snapped

Old 11-12-2015, 05:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by killerbee_vr6
Habitforming still defending the indefensible

Yeah, but, John, if The Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists. ...
And you're still being very helpful as usual, thanks for another valuable contribution.

This is the only failure of its kind. Enough said.
Old 11-12-2015, 05:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Are we collecting failures like Pokemon cards now?

Full set coming soon
Old 11-12-2015, 05:53 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
No belt slip = things eventually stressed and breaking.

Ever wonder why none of the main & accessory belts are cogged on your engine from the factory?
Many motorcycles use cog belts as the final drive. Many cars use cog belts instead of timing chains.
Old 11-12-2015, 06:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

gotta love the ignore function
Old 11-12-2015, 08:29 PM

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts

Full set coming soon
do your comments really help?
Old 11-12-2015, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On your other thread you posted about the blower seizing when you were on the dyno, did you happen to reuse those bolts? You had obvious signs of wear implying the blower pulley was either not fully secured or improperly torqued. If so, this should not be that big of a surprise, the forces the blower is dealing with at high rpm is immense. The amount of stress on those bolts after a blower seizure would likely lead to some weakness, I don't care who manufactures the kit, I highly doubt anyone would recommend you to reuse those after the first failure.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:21 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by s.hasan546
Originally Posted by killerbee_vr6' timestamp='1447383048' post='23802296

Full set coming soon
No better than denying the obvious
Old 11-13-2015, 09:52 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by s.hasan546' timestamp='1447392598' post='23802353
[quote name='killerbee_vr6' timestamp='1447383048' post='23802296']

Full set coming soon
No better than denying the obvious
[/quote]

The community is trying to help out another member here, as well as other members who have issues. If you don't have anything to contribute, best not post anything at all.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S2000ABQ
On your other thread you posted about the blower seizing when you were on the dyno, did you happen to reuse those bolts? You had obvious signs of wear implying the blower pulley was either not fully secured or improperly torqued. If so, this should not be that big of a surprise, the forces the blower is dealing with at high rpm is immense. The amount of stress on those bolts after a blower seizure would likely lead to some weakness, I don't care who manufactures the kit, I highly doubt anyone would recommend you to reuse those after the first failure.
After that incident, i received a new blower along with new bolts
Old 11-13-2015, 11:32 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by beechx1
Originally Posted by s2000Junky' timestamp='1447355958' post='23801942
No belt slip = things eventually stressed and breaking.

Ever wonder why none of the main & accessory belts are cogged on your engine from the factory?
Many motorcycles use cog belts as the final drive. Many cars use cog belts instead of timing chains.
Not related. Clearly the accessory component/aka blower is providing more resistance/force then what its mounts were engineered for by KW. I guarantee that if the belt wasn’t cogged, it would slip just enough to take enough of the force to not cause breakage. No guarantee titanium replacement bolts will stand the test of time either. Also simply bouncing off the rpm limiter (as is often done on a supercharged equipped s2k) creates a lot of rapid forces/tugging on this system, which it can’t cope with because it’s cogged. This particular failure is one of many so far, not sure why this thread is surprising at this point.

Im just deducting from all the KW breakage threads to this point and concluding where the weaknesses are that im seeing. Poor instillation can always add to the variable, but im finding that alone to not be the sol cause of all the same issues this kit is having with broken blower and mounting bolts. When KW says not to hit the rev limiter with this kit - which is unrealistic... because its too fragile to deal with the stresses of that, it raises more red flags. No other standard belt supercharger kit has these issues. I would never recommend this kit to any of our local members, because its simply not proving to be reliable enough. But like anything there is always the exception, so you can take your chances if this kit offers something substantially better then say an SOS kit, where taking the risk is worth it. I don’t think so myself.

Quick Reply: KW Pulley bolts snapped