S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Major belt slippage w/2.8" - Update

Old 09-19-2012, 07:30 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by starrman
Originally Posted by 99SH' timestamp='1347982662' post='22020274
I just ordered a 3.1" RR pulley thru Lethal Performance. Hopefully it'll ship out in a timely fashion.

Strange that the Reichard website has been taken down ??
I actually went to Reichards shop in MD to get a pulley, it was freaking awesome. I have never seen so many machines crammed into such a small space and all of them going at once. His main focus is not making pulleys, he has some substantial gov biz from what I understood...so along with that and race season he is swamped. They rarely respond to emails and don't answer the phone...sounds like bad business, but he has so much he does not need more. If you want one of his pulleys, pm me, I have an email address that his shop foreman will actually respond to...eventually.

I don't think it is the holes that make the difference...rather the cross cut slots that actually grab the belt...or so the man himself says.

Thanks for the lead. If the email address you're referring to is 'reichardracing@yahoo.com', I've already tried that.

I went ahead and ordered the RR pulley thru lethalperformance.com. I'll have them deal with RR instead of myself making unanswered phone calls. Hope it arrives soon! They stated that is should ship within a day of order (which I don't believe)
Old 10-28-2012, 09:18 AM

Update. I had a new crank drive pulley made, from the guys at ASP Racing

I sent in my 5.45 SOS crank pulley and asked for a 6" version. About 4 weeks later it has arrived. Fit and finish is absolutely perfect. I paired this up with a RR 3.1" pulley and should be good to go. The 6" crank and 3.1" blower pulley gets me pretty close to my previous setup of a SOS 5.45" crank and 2.8" blower pulley. The new pulley is a tad bit faster, as far as RPM goes.

Old 10-28-2012, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats pretty badass. How much did they charge you? Any chance of them making production quantities of it, or is it just one off custom pulleys?
Old 10-28-2012, 03:01 PM

They charged me $150 which is a steal.

If you're interested, I'm sure you can give them a call and they'll fab one up. Since they have all the engineering design complete, it should be very easy. You can mention my name (Arax) to pull up my file.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:29 PM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Some high-end industrial v-belt drives also have grooves cut in the ID of the pulley. This prevents air from being trapped between the belt and the pulley at high speeds. Notice the upsets on the inside of the pulley in this picture. You can see the holes to let air escape.

Edit: The picture wouldn't hot-link, so here's a link to the page it's hosted on. Click the pulley for a bigger image.
http://eng-de.aerzen.com/After-Sales...il/Spare-parts

Tim
Old 10-28-2012, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by 99SH
They charged me $150 which is a steal.

If you're interested, I'm sure you can give them a call and they'll fab one up. Since they have all the engineering design complete, it should be very easy. You can mention my name (Arax) to pull up my file.

That is a steal. If I dont blow my motor with the fuel issue Im having, Im going to give them a call.

So if I stayed at my same SOS 3.4" Charger pulley and added this pulley would that be equivalent to say a SOS crank pulley and a SOS 3.1-3.2" charger pulley?

BTW: Thanks for paving the road for the rest of us with this new crank pulley.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by TheSnail
So if I stayed at my same SOS 3.4" Charger pulley and added this pulley would that be equivalent to say a SOS crank pulley and a SOS 3.1-3.2" charger pulley?
If you use a 6" crank w/3.4" blower pulley, that is equivalent to a 3.1" SOS setup.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:06 PM

Im running a custom ASP crank pulley on my SOS setup, Paxton 1500 with a 2.7in. I have to run so much belt tension I keep snapping belts too. My pulley are steel, and are smooth/non textured. I actually am going to try the Carbinite coating, will have my pulleys back (2.6, 2.7) this week. I do roll street runs, no track. Hopefully it helps. Next stop is cog...
Old 10-31-2012, 04:20 PM

I tried the Carbinite coating myself and it's crap. Your belt will shred, create dust everywhere then snap. I was running the stock 5.45" SOS crank pulley w/2.8" blower pulley.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by 99SH
I tried the Carbinite coating myself and it's crap. Your belt will shred, create dust everywhere then snap. I was running the stock 5.45" SOS crank pulley w/2.8" blower pulley.
Hi,
Are you still running the 6-inch crankpulley with the 3.4 supercharger pulley what belt size are you running? I want to up boost and run E85 any help would be great.

Quick Reply: Major belt slippage w/2.8" - Update