S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

My Ebay Turbo Experience

Old 05-13-2018, 11:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My Ebay Turbo Experience

Parts List:

Walbro 450 E85

Id Injectors 1050x

Aem ecu v2

PLM twin scroll Manifold

cx racing intercooler kit

bunch of dumb sensors and boost solenoid

running flex fuel sensor but try to stay on E85 all the time

EMUSA 38mm wastegates (more worried about these than the turbo)

MAXPEEDINGRODS gt3582r https://m.ebay.com/itm/GT35-GT3582-T...ca1d%7Ciid%3A1

My experience:

This car is my daily to classes and work so i had to piece together my build during weekends and couldnt start unless i could finish. so for about a month or two i ran this turbo open to atmosphere and i was spinning the piss out of it occasionaly kind of testing it before i went on. however i ****ed up the threads and instead of getting them fixed i decided to buy another one so that this one could be a back up. I have been using the second one for maybe 5-6k miles now maybe more. running 8lbs for most of that.

i have had no problems other than i ****ed the threads up on the first one and the second one did come with the flare in the feed a little damaged so it did leak but i used a little copper rtv and no problems.

I am now on E85 only basically running about 9lbs in 1st and 2nd and 14lbs in 3rd and up using boost by gear.

I made 443whp and 306ft lbs with 15lbs on a mustang dyno so maybe 496whp on dynojet if you want to inflate the numbers. im going with about 450 and im only on 14 daily not the 15 to make that power. we stopped because of my tranny and it being my daily. I will keep this updated if naything goes wrong with turbo. obviously ive had other problems with it being a turbo build but so far nothing wrong with these turbos if you have a proper oil drain. i have noticed if i realy slam on my brakes my oil will shoot back up my drain and smoke for half a second because my drain is on the highest point on the front of the pan. not really a big issue. i overfilled my oil by a bit so that doesnt help. hasnt done it in a while. any questions just ask and ill try to answer them. also if going with a plm manifold get that bottom wastegate flange rewelded. it cracks like everyone says. mine blew completely off during a pull. luckily my boost controller hoses caught it from falling out.
The following users liked this post:
primetimeswole (08-27-2018)
Old 05-13-2018, 11:21 AM

and im posting this because before i bit the bullet for the ebay turbo i did days worth of research and every negative review of ebay turbos is so old. quality of manufacturing in japan and china has come a long way over the years.
Old 05-13-2018, 08:58 PM

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Great post!! Nothing wrong with Ebay parts and solid part list
Old 05-14-2018, 01:46 PM

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

oh wow. helluva time for this post. I am a couple days away from ordering a 3582r and I am still up in the air. I saw this one on ebay, but $155..that scares the sh!t out of me. I know others have used the $600 version and had much success. I recently came across mamba turbos, which are in the $1200 range. They appear to be a very high quality knockoff of the garretts but with a billet wheel and some are claiming faster spool than the garrett. Only thing I need that none of them offer is a T4 divided 1.06ar housing...thats a garrett only part and they are damn proud of it. $450 just for that housing.

That is a really big turbo for only 450hp though. Why did you go so big? You'd have MUCH better spool and with it, a better powerband with a smaller turbo
Old 05-14-2018, 02:06 PM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

Makes you wonder how much garrett and precision are making off their turbos given these are 150 including shipping.

Its so tempting lol...
even if it only lasts 3 months you can buy 12 of these for the cost of one new garrett
Old 05-14-2018, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Charper732
oh wow. helluva time for this post. I am a couple days away from ordering a 3582r and I am still up in the air. I saw this one on ebay, but $155..that scares the sh!t out of me. I know others have used the $600 version and had much success. I recently came across mamba turbos, which are in the $1200 range. They appear to be a very high quality knockoff of the garretts but with a billet wheel and some are claiming faster spool than the garrett. Only thing I need that none of them offer is a T4 divided 1.06ar housing...thats a garrett only part and they are damn proud of it. $450 just for that housing.

That is a really big turbo for only 450hp though. Why did you go so big? You'd have MUCH better spool and with it, a better powerband with a smaller turbo
idk its really not that big and i went with it because of the reviews and the favt that this brand makes alot of parts not just turbo and theyre not that bad. Also those 600$ ebay turbos are dual bb usually this one is journal. That being said it spools with very little lag. i mean to the point that it almost feels like a supercharger when it hits because theres no tq and it just keeps pulling throughout the revs. i unfortunately forgot to take pictures of the graph because i was so excited and i was talking to the guys at the shop but it wasnt ridiculous. made steady 15lbs and dropped off to 14.4 at the end but really thats very little.

edit: and another reason i went 3582 besides it being the best option from the brand, ebay turbos usually do come slightly smaller than advertised. I didnt measure mine and the way its performing for 450-500whp at 15lbs, it seems about right.

Last edited by ZachS45; 05-14-2018 at 07:14 PM.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mijae007
Makes you wonder how much garrett and precision are making off their turbos given these are 150 including shipping.

Its so tempting lol...
even if it only lasts 3 months you can buy 12 of these for the cost of one new garrett
exactly, and if it goes bad i dont expect it to shred itself to a million pieces and grenade my engine bay. It might just start to smoke a bit and then ill replace it before any damage is done. Plus for 155$ i bought another so that i have a back up to swap in case. if anything im worried about the wastegates but from what i understand some people have had probleme with them siezing but i drive it every day so i doubt it will have enough time to rust shut and sieze.
Old 07-02-2018, 04:29 PM

Quick update: almost two months/ 2300+ miles with the turbo. I daily drive it like 20+ miles a day. i beat the absolute crap out of it hitting max boost at least 3-4 times a day which is around 14-15 lbs depending on the gear. and i also do some antilag anytime im near friends which is way too often lol. Turbo is holding up amazing. no play. i do expect it to go out eventually because i put my return line on the front of my pan like a goober so if i ever stop short some oil will go back up and burn. doesnt really smoke anymore when it does that. i can just smell it. other than that Turbo is awesome. cant beat it for 150-250$ depending on shipping.
Old 07-02-2018, 04:31 PM

And also no issues with Emusa wastegates either. i do drive it daily so if this is a weekend car maybe they could sieze shut but because i drive it daily i never expect that to happen. of course ive been through all the problems, lower wastegate flange on plm manifold completely blew off during a pull just like everyone said and both wastegates rattled off once each but after all was fixed within first couple weeks of boosted now everything has been perfect.
Old 07-02-2018, 04:35 PM

my instagram is zachsslow2k
it is private for friends however i do have a couple people with s2ks that follow so if youre interested in seeing my build or have questions feel free to add me and ill answer any that i can about everything ive done to the car or any problems etc. Thanks.

Quick Reply: My Ebay Turbo Experience