S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Is it okay to cut?

Old 09-13-2007, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Is it okay to cut?

Sorry for making this long guys, but I had to share this horrible turbo install expirence with you. I hope this never happens to anyone else around here.

Okay, imagine this... You have a 05 AP2 with 40k miles on it that you love to death and you finally bought a turbo kit right you are as my friend would say; as happy as a clam. It was Mid march when I bought it. Inline Pro. I was like a little school girl when I went to go pick it up with my girlfriend from one of the forum members on S2KI here in Florida. I drove a good 1 and half to go pick it up in the VW Beetle. Paid about 2900 for the kit and though it was a great deal. Finally got it to my house and almost mounted it on the wall of my house. A few weeks passed and did not pick my first tuning shop on my list to install it because they were busy for a month and would keep telling me to call back next week. I stopped by this shop right after the delays with that other shop to this shop that I will just name right now PF here in Orlando Florida. I saw them working on a small civic one day and said why not an S2000. Right.... Well they told me that they work mostly on 350z's and G35's. This is true, with all the engines out on the floor and 350z staring at me. They told me that they wanted to tune other cars too and that I would be perfect for them. I asked them what I am about to tell you several times. The installation on the turbo kit on this car; Are you guys sure you can do it?

They told me YES, no problem as long as you have all the parts. Okay then I asked: Will you be tuning it too? They told me YES, that is no problem as well, we have that twin turbo 350z over there tuned to 700 hp. For a first timer around so much real pure bread horsepower tuners, I said wow. I put my trust on these guys. They had a legit shop, many customers (happy by the way), and web site. They told me it would be finished in a weeks time no more then that, mabey a few extra days for tuning. I completely understood. This was in the beginning of April by the way. I wanted it done for my birthday.(April 2 by the way if anyone wants to send me a Mugen hardtop by any chance) Then here is where it got nice and gooey.

They told me after 2 weeks that it will be done in a few days. They haven't had time to get on it. I said okay fine. Then they called me back and told me in late April that it is done, but all it needs is too be tuned, I said, wow okay fine when will it be done.... they told me: give us a day or two. I said with my teeth already clenching... fine, ill be back. Then it is finally may and they called me and told me what I didn't want to hear. Your turbo has a leak. I said WHAT!$%^$. It was ridiculous they guy who sold it to me here lied. Plain out man, sorry. Even I heard the damn leak when they revved it up. Sooooo, They had to take it out and send it to a turbo guy that rebuilds them. I had to get the seals new on it because it had burnt out because of abuse on it. It seems that the person that had it before me would not let the car rest in idle and would just turn it off, causing it to build up carbon inside the turbo and destroy the seal.

Turbo timer for goodness sake! Come on! at least he should of told me before he let me put it in. I don't have a smoke machine to see if the turbo was fine from the get go like that, but I accepted that because I did buy it used. This meant more DOWNTIME. This was already a horrible experience for me. My car that I had been driving around is a 03 Civic Si and the clutch was going to the grave bad already. Finally they put the turbo back in, in I would say June 1st. I had to wait for now for the great tuning. So like always it took a few more days to
get it all ready for tuning. And I still remember the day and the chill that went down my spine, when they actually called (they never called, I would always have to call like a jealous ex- girlfriend or stop by the shop) This is what they told me........... We were tuning your car and on the second run a knocking noise occurred and you threw a rod. I almost began to tear up.

What the hell did I get myself into here. Now 30,000 car has a blown engine. Are you serious!!!! After this I had to wait even more. They told me they are going to have to pull the engine out and send to the Machine shop. That they didn't know exactly what when wrong, but the baring on the rod failed. And the the car was not even making any additional horsepower at the time. I asked them what went wrong. They told me that on the S2000 the first thing to go is the rods. I took their word and I am trying to make this as short as possible. Well they took the whole engine to the machine shop and I haven't seen it since then. It took them from the start of July till now, for the new bearings to be done and realigning the crack shaft back to normal. It finally got finished after many phone calls to the shop (PF). They never told me where the machine shop was even located or phone number. Just that it is taking longer then usual. It is now September 13, 2007 and my engine was just finished 2 weeks ago. The shop transferred with my permission of course, my engine to a shop that just works on Hondas and is good friends with them.

The name of the shop is GRD here in Orlando. He is great and said that he will have my engine done by Saturday if not Monday. I will not have him tune it. I will be going to 2NRwerks in Tampa. Ya at inline pro has been a great guy in info through out all this ordeal. The prior shop never told me anything after transferring my car and engine to this new shop. 2NRwerks in Tampa don't seem like they know what they are doing, THEY KNOW. Wish me luck guys on the rest of my car. The GRD told me since I got new bearings and readjusted the crank that I will have to drive the car at least 500 miles. I will have a base map to drive to Tampa on my EMS.

These are the following mods on my car.

Inline pro kit
3mm head gasket
675cc fuel injectors
3inch custom single exhaust coming
3 bar map
act stage 2 clutch

Old 09-13-2007, 02:19 PM

Wow man, I just finished reading through that, and it seems like you're been through one hell of an ordeal. I hope it all works out for you.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

did the AEM EMS come with the kit?
Old 09-13-2007, 02:50 PM

I feel for you, but that has to be one of the poorest written posts ever.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:52 PM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Teh Sux.

Sometimes a bargain is not a bargain.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:16 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

bad luck...probably you maybe should have done the
install yourself...that way you would have known where you were..and than call up a tuner to tune it..
the best way is to install it yourself if you could so you know exactly what you have done..well now you look to see the finish line,wait for it for some more..
stefce
Old 09-13-2007, 03:21 PM

Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts

did they fix your motor for free? Or did they get you a new motor? considering a rod went through the side of the block im doubtful of my first question. At least your car is running again!
Old 09-13-2007, 03:28 PM

didnt go threw it just spun out, yea sorry for the bad post.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:38 PM

we will be glad to help you out, we have 2 s2000 in the shop (2nrwerks.com) now with that same kit on them, it really makes the car fun to drive. Break that engine in and get it in to us so you can feel the power of FI!
Old 09-13-2007, 08:45 PM

hey by the way I'm Christian,the guy from orlando. 2big.....

Quick Reply: Is it okay to cut?