S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Please help...

Old 01-15-2007, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are two black boxes. The little one is the map clamp and all it does is "hides" boost from the map sensor. The larger box is a timing controller and its purpose is to retard the timing dependant on boost. Do you have a vacuum line hooked up to the timing box?
Old 01-15-2007, 09:02 PM

Yeah, I got the vacuum line hooked up to it. Man, I wish I could figure out what's wrong with it. Im thinking of just undoing his clips and splicing all the wires juss as the instructions say. But why do that when the clips worked for him. O, and the check engine light came on tonight.

What do I do?
Old 01-15-2007, 09:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Richee,Jan 15 2007, 02:58 PM
Timing box?? Map clamp?? You're confusing me, haha. Ok, The black box is the fuel controller right?? As of right now, the black box is not being used. Its in my passenger seat. All the wiring all stock.
you said all the wiring is stock..but then you say everything is hooked up?? you need both boxes, the map clamp does nothing at idle only when you go into boost does it hide the voltage. the timing box is needed as well, your problem could be detonation early since you are not retarding the timing with the box. alot of people will not help if you are not clear. good luck
Old 01-15-2007, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Richee,Jan 16 2007, 12:02 AM
Yeah, I got the vacuum line hooked up to it. Man, I wish I could figure out what's wrong with it. Im thinking of just undoing his clips and splicing all the wires juss as the instructions say. But why do that when the clips worked for him. O, and the check engine light came on tonight.

What do I do?
check all your vacuum hoses on the car, those will sometimes do it. reset the ECU, unplug everything and check the wiring diagram. make sure you go by the diagram and not the words as the written ones are wrong
Old 01-15-2007, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by icemans2k02,Jan 16 2007, 12:29 AM
you said all the wiring is stock..but then you say everything is hooked up?? you need both boxes, the map clamp does nothing at idle only when you go into boost does it hide the voltage. the timing box is needed as well, your problem could be detonation early since you are not retarding the timing with the box. alot of people will not help if you are not clear. good luck
Ooooh....thanks. No no, I meant that when I hooked up the black boxes the proper way, it wouldnt stay at idle, it would just sputter a bit and shut down and BECAUSE of that, I hooked up the wiring back to stock.

Checked the vacuum lines, already tried resetting the ECU. Yeah, next thing on the list is to check the wiring and probably take apart his clips and splice all of em.

Appreciate the help man.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:13 PM

Dam Richee you did the whole install yourself!?! I woulda gave up too soon.Im just waiting on my intercooler and then we can get my turbo install going.I just got the mugen ht pained the other day too.

Goodluck on solving your problems
Old 01-15-2007, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by alleykat,Jan 16 2007, 01:13 AM
Dam Richee you did the whole install yourself!?! I woulda gave up too soon.Im just waiting on my intercooler and then we can get my turbo install going.I just got the mugen ht pained the other day too.

Goodluck on solving your problems
Yeah, its pretty fun, plus you get to kno your car a bit more and shit.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:50 AM

does the CEL come on immediately after start up? if so its not a vacuum line. so you have problems at idle? you didnt change any spark plugs out or anything did you?
Old 01-16-2007, 06:54 AM

Get the CEL code pulled for starters.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by icemans2k02,Jan 16 2007, 09:50 AM
does the CEL come on immediately after start up? if so its not a vacuum line. so you have problems at idle? you didnt change any spark plugs out or anything did you?
Currently, all the wiring is stock. No black box, no nothing. No problem at idle. Check engine light is on now. I DID change the spark plugs. I got the Denso Iridium IK24.

Now WITH the black box. It started then sputters and dies....WITH a check engine light comin right after start up.

Quick Reply: Please help...