S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Stewies Candy swirl FBM V2 build

Old 07-21-2017, 08:50 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

As far as i can tell on logs ... the secondary ect always shows 32 but the percentage will show correct. They really did some wizardry "stuff" ktuner also uses a converted map. ... so if i flash with ktuner and then unplug it and try to use my defi (obd) bluetooth it all whacky. Soo the flash really does change parameters in what it says its ready thats mot really the case. It takes a minute to get sorted but really is stellar once shes dialed in. Btw when you go "upload" picking one of the five # just puts it on the touch. You gotta hit flash above the numbers. Seems like a no brainer, not sure why that flew over my head but either way it does a diddy and percentage. Follow all commands to a T... reset ecu power after every flash and if it says flash fail by golly hit recover flash. I tried cycling power thinking the device glitched and dropped the recovery flash from touch and had to uninstall everything from my computer and then reinstall to show the program the device didnt have whatever the heck it needed.
Old 08-03-2017, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MorngWoodStewie
As far as i can tell on logs ... the secondary ect always shows 32 but the percentage will show correct. They really did some wizardry "stuff" ktuner also uses a converted map. ... so if i flash with ktuner and then unplug it and try to use my defi (obd) bluetooth it all whacky. Soo the flash really does change parameters in what it says its ready thats mot really the case. It takes a minute to get sorted but really is stellar once shes dialed in. Btw when you go "upload" picking one of the five # just puts it on the touch. You gotta hit flash above the numbers. Seems like a no brainer, not sure why that flew over my head but either way it does a diddy and percentage. Follow all commands to a T... reset ecu power after every flash and if it says flash fail by golly hit recover flash. I tried cycling power thinking the device glitched and dropped the recovery flash from touch and had to uninstall everything from my computer and then reinstall to show the program the device didnt have whatever the heck it needed.
thank you for your help I just flashed the ECU with the ECT2 disable so my fan kicks on. At frist my car was overheating so I call ktuner and they told me that I have to disable ECT2. My ethanol content enable and everything is squared away. Took my car for a spin and now I'm having error code p128 do you have that problem? How can I get rid of this problem?
Old 08-03-2017, 02:27 PM

ya soooo the P128 .... I have not been able to get rid of. I have reset it and it not come on BUT that is far and in between. Pretty much the faster you warm up the car IMO the likeliness of it popping on is lower but I run a 40W with a thermostatic oil cooler (still has cooling ability even under 200*) and prefer to warm the car before moving. So no I have not been able to rectify that CEL.

Because its switched to I cant remember either the EBC or Ethanol pin its set "or" showing a lower # then the ECT1 so it pops it in a certain warm up time period. Thats as far as I have dived in ... didnt bother me, but for some I can imagine it being somewhat frustrating. I saw it as the life you live with EBC and flex fuel without having to send ECU to hondata and FP doesnt even have Flex so.

Last edited by MorngWoodStewie; 08-03-2017 at 02:31 PM.
Old 08-03-2017, 04:52 PM

ya soooo the P128 .... I have not been able to get rid of. I have reset it and it not come on BUT that is far and in between. Pretty much the faster you warm up the car IMO the likeliness of it popping on is lower but I run a 40W with a thermostatic oil cooler (still has cooling ability even under 200*) and prefer to warm the car before moving. So no I have not been able to rectify that CEL.

Because its switched to I cant remember either the EBC or Ethanol pin its set "or" showing a lower # then the ECT1 so it pops it in a certain warm up time period. Thats as far as I have dived in ... didnt bother me, but for some I can imagine it being somewhat frustrating. I saw it as the life you live with EBC and flex fuel without having to send ECU to hondata and FP doesnt even have Flex so.
do you think changing out to aftermarket thermostat will fit that problem?
Old 08-03-2017, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by honda85
do you think changing out to aftermarket thermostat will fit that problem?
honestly llike I said if you pull a log its usually just one number and that code has something to do with discrepencies with the ECT1 and heat is not changing on ECT2 anymore. So even if it did see heat earlier I dont think its gonna change the fact and ultimately that number. From what I read its because the two numbers fall "apart" from each other. the one in the radiator says hell yeah! Im almost ready! ..."177*" and ECT2 is at frikin 32 so even if you "mechanically" change the opening time of the coolant flow I dont think it will matter. You could of course try though, seems like a lot of work Lol and I'm not a guinea pig no mo. Please update if you do so. but like I said it seems it would have to be some kind of software trick for it to just shut the heck up.
Old 08-07-2017, 04:58 PM

honestly llike I said if you pull a log its usually just one number and that code has something to do with discrepencies with the ECT1 and heat is not changing on ECT2 anymore. So even if it did see heat earlier I dont think its gonna change the fact and ultimately that number. From what I read its because the two numbers fall "apart" from each other. the one in the radiator says hell yeah! Im almost ready! ..."177*" and ECT2 is at frikin 32 so even if you "mechanically" change the opening time of the coolant flow I dont think it will matter. You could of course try though, seems like a lot of work Lol and I'm not a guinea pig no mo. Please update if you do so. but like I said it seems it would have to be some kind of software trick for it to just shut the heck up.
good news I just emailed the manufacturer and they're going to revise the software hopefully soon
Old 08-08-2017, 09:44 AM

Good deal, i think thats the best fix. If im right imo it should have been dealt with in the beginning so i dont feel bad saying "tell them to do the work" lol...

I dont think swapping lower temp thermostats would make a good enough difference so i hope they can figure it out.
Old 08-27-2017, 05:21 PM

Ktuner released an update with a P0128 CEL fix for the ktuner flash/touch 06+ S2000 management.

Now i just gotta swap the knock sensor out and i can be CEL free again lol. Lotta people ask "whats wrong" then i do a pull, (me) idk you tell me lmao. I cant find nothing!

Last edited by MorngWoodStewie; 08-27-2017 at 05:23 PM.
Old 08-28-2017, 04:04 PM

Well today got exciting!

If its one thing i have learned; its to not diagnose to far from the shop.

Got up went to work, pulled into parking lot. Smoke bellows from hood. Not to bad but enough for a peek deffly. Found some watter dripping down center housing. Didnt leave for lunch, just waited to be released.

Pull in and start checking stuff. Found both banjo bolts around maybe 15ft lbs trq and AN fittings spinning when wiggling lines. Soo first off; banjo bolts tight (check) then I move to AN fittings and i put my hand on the hose to give it some trq and bam the hose just snaps off. Thank god it was just my wrist that got most the coolant. In my defense its kinda hard to troubleshoot these things with no heat and inheritantly no pressure, it was a lil close though.

The feed hose and AN fitting Is still good. Only conclusion is i put the fire hose on that (coincidentally for waste gate protection lol) but not the return. The hose had hardened and started to simmer in the coupling.

Used what i had to get her back to together and the rest of the fire hose i had to help keep it protected.

Under hood inspections!!!
Banjo bolts were simmering bubbles of coolant to (tightened up now)
Coolant splatter

Bled and ready for daily duty again! Shouldnt have missed that, and i cant stress enough about heat management. I think a part of me really just hates how those water lines run. Kind of an eye sore and not as simplistic as i would like, and thought adding more to it would be worse. Gotta keep that stuff protected. When i saw it this morning to i thought about the steel lead ones, that bring the hose farther away. This was just a quick fix.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:46 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Glad you cought it before it became a major problem, it seems like it's always something never ends. lol I just had a an line failure on my oil filter relocation kit had oil everywhere, I was lucky the car didn't catch fire. I was over a hour from home luckily I fixed it on the side of the road, the hose pulled out of the an fitting and shot oil everywhere.

Quick Reply: Stewies Candy swirl FBM V2 build