S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Supercharged exhaust options

Old 02-18-2015, 06:35 AM

Received 426 Likes on 300 Posts

Originally Posted by Moddiction
Q300 with test pipe will be quite raspy. With stock or HFC it won't be usually.

I had it with the BERK high flow and hated it. Just a boomy piece of crap. Sold it within three days of installing it I hated it that much.

I also had a fujitsubo and loved the sound, but my boost guauge showed an increase in boost pressure of over a pound, which would have meant more backpressure. I don't know what that would show on a dyno though.

FWIW, I think I have seen two threads on this board from people who did back to back dyno research with SC's and exhausts and singles had the best result in both.

I am going to possibly experiment this summer with a single by cutting the stock exhaust after the resonator, adding piping and an additional 2.5 inch vibrant super quiet, then finally a 2.5 inch Borla straight through (forget the model but it is sitting in a box at home) which according to lots of internet searching, was the quietest straight through design out there. If the end result sounds like crap, the stock section that was cut off gets put back on. The youtube videos of this muffler sound pretty good on other cars, and I can hold it up to my mouth and yell through it and have to admit I am fairly impressed at how quiet it comes out the other side.

A former member of this board also had a little bit of positive result by altering the stock to use a smoother transition section from one pipe to the duals in the stock system. He took out the area where the two stock pipes are munched down to meet up with the single and welded in a manufactured piece sold on the internet that was a very smooth one to two pipe transition if you know what I am trying to say. With that welded in, he had a drop in his boost reading and an increase of a few ponies on the dyno.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:33 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

^You're probably talking about the Borla Pro XS. Some company did a study of them on LS engines and found them to be the quietest of all options tested while still being the 2nd place performer. They're what I plan on using for my LS swap.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:45 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Stay OEM and just get a boost activated cutout
Old 02-18-2015, 08:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JUSTINTHECOASTIE
Funny, I was just talking with a buddy about that last night. Will probably just go straight stock though. I had one on a different car years ago. Really only ever used it for the LOL's - far too loud for any kind of street use.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have kraftwerks supercharger .. here is my post https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/109...rks-kit-build/

i have 2 exhaust in my garage : Js racing 70RR headerback paired with js racing header and sound so SICK. its a race car 100% with this exhaust so angry sound... and also have a tanabe medalion touring dual 60mm to use in the sumer, now is summer here in argentina i install 2 weeks ago the tanabe and i love so much !!! in low rpmp its just like stock exhaust and when you hit vtec sound AMAZING. im going next week to the dyno to tune with this exhaust and see what the difference bethween the js racing 70RR.

i made 421whp with js racing 70RR, lets see what whe do with tanabe 60mm.-
Old 02-18-2015, 08:53 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Nik2k
i have kraftwerks supercharger .. here is my post https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/109...rks-kit-build/

i have 2 exhaust in my garage : Js racing 70RR headerback paired with js racing header and sound so SICK. its a race car 100% with this exhaust so angry sound... and also have a tanabe medalion touring dual 60mm to use in the sumer, now is summer here in argentina i install 2 weeks ago the tanabe and i love so much !!! in low rpmp its just like stock exhaust and when you hit vtec sound AMAZING. im going next week to the dyno to tune with this exhaust and see what the difference bethween the js racing 70RR.

i made 421whp with js racing 70RR, lets see what whe do with tanabe 60mm.-

im curious on power with the Tanabe as well...
Old 02-18-2015, 10:59 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Habitforming
Originally Posted by JUSTINTHECOASTIE' timestamp='1424277914' post='23510553
Funny, I was just talking with a buddy about that last night. Will probably just go straight stock though. I had one on a different car years ago. Really only ever used it for the LOL's - far too loud for any kind of street use.
I ran an SP boost actuated cutout before and it was ridiculously too loud. It sounded cool for a couple days, but it got old fast. Glancing at an old video, I actually lost power (-16whp/-12ft-lbs with a tune touch up) versus using stock exhaust and test pipe. It's good to have some back pressure. My SOS s/c'd car dyno'd 492/319 DynoJet on stock exhaust and test pipe.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As stated above by others you do not a 3" single for a S/C car. Lots of people get over 400WHP with stock OEM exhaust. I have a SOS with the Tanabe Medallion and it is perfect. I had a Q300 it was way to loud. Tanabe gives no drone at highway speeds and sounds sick at full throttle.

Here is my go facts for not needing a fat exhaust.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/710...erent-exhaust/

Although I think between CoolGuy94 and Soulicious that is all the PROOF you need.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:28 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by soulicious
Originally Posted by Habitforming' timestamp='1424278993' post='23510597
[quote name='JUSTINTHECOASTIE' timestamp='1424277914' post='23510553']
I ran an SP boost actuated cutout before and it was ridiculously too loud. It sounded cool for a couple days, but it got old fast. Glancing at an old video, I actually lost power (-16whp/-12ft-lbs with a tune touch up) versus using stock exhaust and test pipe. It's good to have some back pressure. My SOS s/c'd car dyno'd 492/319 DynoJet on stock exhaust and test pipe.
[/quote]
Would there be a way to only have the cutout open at 11psi if max boost is 14psi so that you get stock exhaust noise until 11psi? Great dyno digits BTW
Old 02-18-2015, 07:59 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JUSTINTHECOASTIE
Originally Posted by soulicious' timestamp='1424289553' post='23510838
[quote name='Habitforming' timestamp='1424278993' post='23510597']
[quote name='JUSTINTHECOASTIE' timestamp='1424277914' post='23510553']
[/quote]
Would there be a way to only have the cutout open at 11psi if max boost is 14psi so that you get stock exhaust noise until 11psi? Great dyno digits BTW
[/quote]

Thanks for the compliment. Yes, you can delay the opening of the cutout. I installed a boost solenoid and had setup boost control in my EMS. I even had a switch to disable the cutout from opening.

One thing I didn't like about the SP cutout was that it wasn't completely sealed when fully closed at idle. It sounded like a small exhaust leak. I sent it back to SP and they sent me another cutout, but the new cutout leaked too, lol.

Quick Reply: Supercharged exhaust options