S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Supercharger or Turbo?

Old 01-14-2013, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had two sc setups and now I am turbo. I am glad I made the change. . So happy
Old 01-14-2013, 12:48 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by illestrolla
Ugh, so much misinformation in here

Care to elaborate?
Old 01-14-2013, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Originally Posted by Muggus' timestamp='1358143649' post='22264841
Mine is supercharged but i think i might go turbo next year. The power is so unusable on the street. Unless your constantly in the upper rpm's then it takes a while to have the power kick in, its like driving a big 2-stroke. One benefit is since the power is so linear the car rarely loses traction.
You bought a high revving 4 cylinder car with a rear end and transmission made out of glass, what were you expecting?

But seriously, up the boost and then use the close ratio gear box for what it was intended, to shift!
My transmission has sucked since the day i got the car so ill probably build it eventually; but i see your point. For very spirited driving i guess the SC is pretty dam fun. Im just used to turbo cars where i can be cruising at like 3k and hit the gas to merge or pass and actually move.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:54 PM
Former Sponsor

You need to ask yourself what you want from your car first. Everyone has an opinion, but whats important is which will best help you accomplish your goals.

When you decide to go turbo hit me up.
Evan
Old 01-14-2013, 07:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Jet engine swap.. requires some cutting of the firewall though

Old 01-14-2013, 08:28 PM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Wouldn't a rotrex SC sound very turboish (actually just like a turbo really) due to the fact that it spins at higher rpms than a "standard" centrifugal SC? I've never heard one in person, but I like the fact that they're not as noisy when just idling/etc.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:36 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowTeg
Wouldn't a rotrex SC sound very turboish (actually just like a turbo really) due to the fact that it spins at higher rpms than a "standard" centrifugal SC? I've never heard one in person, but I like the fact that they're not as noisy when just idling/etc.
No, they sound more like a giant flex fan on an old chevy when it warms up in the morning, like a lot of billowing air sound like a fmic with a large leak. I don't care for it, no cool whistle sound to be heard, probably because it is spinning so fast the pitch is inaudible. Might sound cool to dogs though
Old 01-15-2013, 03:28 AM

I like to see peoples opinions on this topic also! I Have been back and forth on what I want to do the last 6 months..... but availability has a huge factor where i rep my S2K.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:02 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What ever you do is money. Sad part is when the party is over(they all end sometime). You have to take it all apart again and put it back to stock and sell the parts. Even though everyone(?) wants a boosted car NO ONE wants to buy a boosted car. If you are paying someone to take the parts on and off it is lose lose lose all the way. I am going SC now and I know that all the money I spend is money that I am basically throwing away. Labor cost money even my own, if you know what I mean.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Originally Posted by SlowTeg' timestamp='1358227689' post='22267484
No, they sound more like a giant flex fan on an old chevy when it warms up in the morning, like a lot of billowing air sound like a fmic with a large leak. I don't care for it, no cool whistle sound to be heard, probably because it is spinning so fast the pitch is inaudible. Might sound cool to dogs though
Lol...Might have to save this quote to the signature.

Originally Posted by DaGou
What ever you do is money. Sad part is when the party is over(they all end sometime). You have to take it all apart again and put it back to stock and sell the parts. Even though everyone(?) wants a boosted car NO ONE wants to buy a boosted car. If you are paying someone to take the parts on and off it is lose lose lose all the way. I am going SC now and I know that all the money I spend is money that I am basically throwing away. Labor cost money even my own, if you know what I mean.
Agreed, Had to make my decision this past summer and it wasn't an easy one.

Quick Reply: Supercharger or Turbo?