S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Thinking about getting a SC

Old 04-27-2010, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about getting a SC

Hello all,

I am new here and I am thinking about going FI with my s2k. I was thinking about picking up a used SC but have a few basic questions that I couldn't find in the stickies.

First off, is buying used a good idea? I don't mind having something used and it would save me a lot of money. I also know that SCs are not to complex so rebuilds aren't very difficult.

And if i bought a kit either new or used would there be anything at all I would need? would I need a new ECU or would I need to bring it some place to get the car tuned?

Also how reliable is the car after adding a SC? I do some autoX but I am not competitive and just do it for fun.

I also have some miles on the car i probably wont get to 100k for a year or two and it still drives like new. I don't know if that is a problem.

Also would the stock transmission and clutch be fine?

I am not looking for huge gains. I just want some more power and most bolt-ons are only going to give you a couple extra horses. I also prefer the SC over a turbo because I can keep the rps low if I don't want the extra power.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:17 PM

PM'd
Old 04-27-2010, 04:21 PM

Received 423 Likes on 298 Posts

Most are pretty reliable as long as the blower is not worn out. If you have proper tune/afr you should have no worries on low to moderate boost.

On a low boosted car clutch is not a must do item, but since you have higher miles and on just about any blower setupyou need to remove it before you do a clutch, you might as well do that before the SC.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sc is a great way to get a better kick out of your s2000. Reliable and easy to install and perform maintanance. Comptech and Vortech kits used go for about $2700-$3500. I recommend getting an aftercooled setup ( most are ) Buying used is a great way to save money and even if there is something wrong with the blower a rebuild is only around $400 for bearings and seals ( very good deal ). Things you WILL NEED...a wideband air fuel ratio gauge. If your running low boost ( max 7psi on stock injectors but thats 300whp already ) you won't need a standalone like aem ems or an emanage ( would help but not necessary ) the kits come with map clamps do hide boost from the ecu ( computer ) if you don't want to get a wideband ( HIGHLY recommended ) take it to a tuner so they can at least adjust the fuel pressure regulator so you can be a bit on the rich side for all season driving ( colder air equals leaner conditions ). Don't worry to much about the miles on your car, theres some guys that have 100k on their motor with 100k on their sc ...your clutch might have to be replaced and might not have to depending on how many miles are on it. When I had my comptech sc at 7psi my stock clutch held fine even from a launch. But I knew I was going to up the boost so I went ahead and upgraded ( Clutchmasters Stage 3 best clutch for driveability in my experience ) ...anyways transmission don't worry about either theres guys with 500whp + on stock trans and rears.

That was a long typing session for someone I don't know can I get some props?
Old 04-27-2010, 08:01 PM

I have a used one I love it.. Stock tans.. And a stage 3 cluch fro
cluchmaster I love it.. Stock diff.. I make 416 whp and 250tq and it's my dd..
Get a s/c you will love it..
Old 04-27-2010, 08:31 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

SC's are great cars you'll have no qualms about swapping to Lexus. More power, more parts, stronger drivetrain's, easier to drift.

Oh wait, supercharger. Nevermind
Old 04-27-2010, 08:47 PM

lexus?...get off the board ya nut
Old 04-27-2010, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Ian300D,Apr 27 2010, 08:31 PM
SC's are great cars you'll have no qualms about swapping to Lexus. More power, more parts, stronger drivetrain's, easier to drift.

Oh wait, supercharger. Nevermind
LOL!
Old 04-30-2010, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by bluemetals2k,Apr 27 2010, 07:30 PM
Sc is a great way to get a better kick out of your s2000. Reliable and easy to install and perform maintanance. Comptech and Vortech kits used go for about $2700-$3500. I recommend getting an aftercooled setup ( most are ) Buying used is a great way to save money and even if there is something wrong with the blower a rebuild is only around $400 for bearings and seals ( very good deal ). Things you WILL NEED...a wideband air fuel ratio gauge. If your running low boost ( max 7psi on stock injectors but thats 300whp already ) you won't need a standalone like aem ems or an emanage ( would help but not necessary ) the kits come with map clamps do hide boost from the ecu ( computer ) if you don't want to get a wideband ( HIGHLY recommended ) take it to a tuner so they can at least adjust the fuel pressure regulator so you can be a bit on the rich side for all season driving ( colder air equals leaner conditions ). Don't worry to much about the miles on your car, theres some guys that have 100k on their motor with 100k on their sc ...your clutch might have to be replaced and might not have to depending on how many miles are on it. When I had my comptech sc at 7psi my stock clutch held fine even from a launch. But I knew I was going to up the boost so I went ahead and upgraded ( Clutchmasters Stage 3 best clutch for driveability in my experience ) ...anyways transmission don't worry about either theres guys with 500whp + on stock trans and rears.

That was a long typing session for someone I don't know can I get some props?
So it just sounds like if I only want to run around 7psi I would only need the kit plus the wideband gauge? No tune or AEM EMS or E manage?

As I said I am not looking for a ton of power. Just something.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:07 PM

yup thats what I'm saying ...just need the wideband sensor so you can adjust the fuel pressure regulator ( via a adjustable bolt ) to richen or lean out your air fuel ratio...shoot between 12-12.5 def no leaner then 12.5 at any rpm.

Quick Reply: Thinking about getting a SC