S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Touge Factory Timeattack S2000 - V mount Set up

Old 01-30-2017, 12:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Touge Factory Timeattack S2000 - V mount Set up

I just thought I'd share a few photos on how we did our V mount set up. We actually have this all posted on Speed Academy here Bad To Rad Part 2: Devin’s S2000 Rebuild | Speed Academy

Let me know what you guys think!

Old 01-30-2017, 12:28 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sweet!
Old 01-30-2017, 01:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Janus00
Sweet!
Why Thank you, as things change I will try and update this thread. So far It has worked perfectly.
Old 01-30-2017, 01:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Old 01-31-2017, 03:42 AM

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

Thanks for posting this, very informative. I am very interested in running a v mount setup on my supercharged car and have been looking at the SoS kit, but I believe it would be significantly less expensive (and just as effective) to piece the kit together like you did. I do have some questions, I currently already run an aftermarket radiator (Koyorad), do you believe it would be possible for me to reuse my existing radiator, and just would have to fab the brackets like you did?
Old 01-31-2017, 05:15 AM

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

So how much would it cost to get Touge Factory to make me a V mount kit?
Old 01-31-2017, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by King Tut
I'd also be interested in a kit, if this is something you guys will be selling.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:11 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Kenny_Stang
Thanks for posting this, very informative. I am very interested in running a v mount setup on my supercharged car and have been looking at the SoS kit, but I believe it would be significantly less expensive (and just as effective) to piece the kit together like you did. I do have some questions, I currently already run an aftermarket radiator (Koyorad), do you believe it would be possible for me to reuse my existing radiator, and just would have to fab the brackets like you did?
I used an off the shelf CSF unit in this set up. I made some very crude brackets from Home Depot materials. This combination worked well for me but I want it to look nicer and temps spiked at 217 at Road Atlanta. Even though that's nothing in perspective since it was well over 95 degrees outside and the humidity was stupid. I want to get that number down to 205-208. So I'm using CSF Universal race radiator this season. its about 2 inchs wider and a triple pass instead of a dual.

Originally Posted by King Tut
Originally Posted by Kenny_Stang
I'd also be interested in a kit, if this is something you guys will be selling.
I can work on making an off the shelf option if there is really a demand for it. i'll have to redesign the mounts for a cleaner look.
The following users liked this post:
Kenny_Stang (01-31-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Tougefactory
I used an off the shelf CSF unit in this set up. I made some very crude brackets from Home Depot materials. This combination worked well for me but I want it to look nicer and temps spiked at 217 at Road Atlanta. Even though that's nothing in perspective since it was well over 95 degrees outside and the humidity was stupid. I want to get that number down to 205-208. So I'm using CSF Universal race radiator this season. its about 2 inchs wider and a triple pass instead of a dual.

I can work on making an off the shelf option if there is really a demand for it. i'll have to redesign the mounts for a cleaner look.
I for one would be very interested, especially if it is significantly cheaper than the SoS V-mount kit (~$2200). Maybe start a thread to gauge interest? At a minimum would be cool to know the part #'s (or links) to the major components used, fabricating the mounts shouldn't be too difficult, but agree would look better if it was a single piece of steel/aluminum.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:33 AM
Former Sponsor

Alright it looks like I have been given the Go ahead from my boss to come up with a kit for you guys! I'm thinking we are going to use what ever stock location radiator you want to use to keep down on cost. the kit will how ever be centered around using at Koyo or CSF radiator. We will also be offering diffrent intercooler options for different needs. Bell , Vibrant, or Garrett. You would need to get your own turbo to intercooler pipe made since there are so many different kits available these days. What do you guys think about that?
The following users liked this post:
Kenny_Stang (01-31-2017)

Quick Reply: Touge Factory Timeattack S2000 - V mount Set up