S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Transmission?

Old 06-23-2013, 01:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I think the used set will work well for you keeping price in mind. If you had needed a new clutch the V160 swap would not be much different in price. It has probably been your boost per gear and easier shifting that have kept the second gear going, I don't think you will push the limit of the dog box at that power level at all.

Faceplating a T56 would be similar drivability to the dog box S2000 transmission, so you could also keep that on your list. The custom clutch is the biggest addition to cost if you don't already need one.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by neeman77
Yeah, I think the used set will work well for you keeping price in mind. If you had needed a new clutch the V160 swap would not be much different in price. It has probably been your boost per gear and easier shifting that have kept the second gear going, I don't think you will push the limit of the dog box at that power level at all.

Faceplating a T56 would be similar drivability to the dog box S2000 transmission, so you could also keep that on your list. The custom clutch is the biggest addition to cost if you don't already need one.
T56 are sloppy. In stock form but with all the things done to the t56 I have it should be super tight will know in few weeks also on the clutch u can always run a single disk on the t56 set up just when ordered. Get the GM 26SPLINES and your good to go and will save tons of cash but seems like the dog box must be a great deal so good luck and keep us posted

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-23-2013, 05:11 PM

Silly shifter cars *facepalm lol j/k
Old 06-23-2013, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by JoeyBalls
Originally Posted by neeman77' timestamp='1372018793' post='22626124
I don't know Joey, one of the reasons I did not go with a PPG setup was that some people including Inline Pro were breaking gears. I don't know what the US availability is now but at the time the wait to get replacements from Australia was quite long. If drivability is not an issue for you then there are other options out there. For me, the V160 filled all my requirements; proven strong, synchro engagement and rebuildable.
Yeah, I am aware, I just think this will be my best option. The V160 is so much money. At the very least it's twice as expensive as me picking up the used gears. I am absolutely shocked that my 2nd gear has lasted as long as it has. I will be putting down more power in 2nd with the PPGs but not much more. By top of second I am at 18-20psi and after over 35 passes my second gear is still in one piece. (I am curious to see what it looks like when Evans takes it out). I don't want to run faster than 10.5 so is there really that much of a risk of stripping a PPG gear? it's rated at 1000hp, I make 635 and 2nd won't see that. I may have to replace the dogs eventually but one of the reasons I love the S2000 is the extremely short throws and this will keep that, as well as give me the ability to shift without waiting for the Syncros, or for 2nd gear to go.

As far as driving the Dogbox, I have been rev matching/double clutching for years because I thought my Synchro's were going out and I just kept the habit I don't know, I may regret it, but I will probably end up thinking (at least I hope) it's the best upgrade i ever do.

I looked at the T56 but was told from guys I trust it's extremely sloppy and shifts like absolute garbage at high RPMS. I will now have a head that will allow me to Rev to 10,000RPMs if I wanted to, not sure how how the T56 would handle that, not to mention the downtime.

I am skeptical but with the Head costing over $2,000 there is no F'ng way I'm spending another $10,000 for a V160.......(I hope to god I'm making the right decision)
joey the t56 box have been proven by tons of rotary guys that rev 10k and higher when they are faceplated
Old 06-23-2013, 05:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Phill24
Originally Posted by JoeyBalls' timestamp='1372019735' post='22626146
[quote name='neeman77' timestamp='1372018793' post='22626124']
I don't know Joey, one of the reasons I did not go with a PPG setup was that some people including Inline Pro were breaking gears. I don't know what the US availability is now but at the time the wait to get replacements from Australia was quite long. If drivability is not an issue for you then there are other options out there. For me, the V160 filled all my requirements; proven strong, synchro engagement and rebuildable.
Yeah, I am aware, I just think this will be my best option. The V160 is so much money. At the very least it's twice as expensive as me picking up the used gears. I am absolutely shocked that my 2nd gear has lasted as long as it has. I will be putting down more power in 2nd with the PPGs but not much more. By top of second I am at 18-20psi and after over 35 passes my second gear is still in one piece. (I am curious to see what it looks like when Evans takes it out). I don't want to run faster than 10.5 so is there really that much of a risk of stripping a PPG gear? it's rated at 1000hp, I make 635 and 2nd won't see that. I may have to replace the dogs eventually but one of the reasons I love the S2000 is the extremely short throws and this will keep that, as well as give me the ability to shift without waiting for the Syncros, or for 2nd gear to go.

As far as driving the Dogbox, I have been rev matching/double clutching for years because I thought my Synchro's were going out and I just kept the habit I don't know, I may regret it, but I will probably end up thinking (at least I hope) it's the best upgrade i ever do.

I looked at the T56 but was told from guys I trust it's extremely sloppy and shifts like absolute garbage at high RPMS. I will now have a head that will allow me to Rev to 10,000RPMs if I wanted to, not sure how how the T56 would handle that, not to mention the downtime.

I am skeptical but with the Head costing over $2,000 there is no F'ng way I'm spending another $10,000 for a V160.......(I hope to god I'm making the right decision)
joey the t56 box have been proven by tons of rotary guys that rev 10k and higher when they are faceplated
[/quote]

Ok, I thought I had read that, thanks for the clarification. I am definitely looking forward to BobbyRandolphs review when it gets all finished up
Old 06-23-2013, 05:49 PM

So far not too happy win the v160 hopefully the rebuild will fix it
Old 06-23-2013, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by hatchbone
Silly shifter cars *facepalm lol j/k
Lazy auto guys lol

Old 06-24-2013, 04:20 AM

Just trying it out, never know might switch it to gforce next year if it doesn't do what I need it to
Old 06-24-2013, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by hatchbone
Just trying it out, never know might switch it to gforce next year if it doesn't do what I need it to
I think that auto will do great

Old 06-24-2013, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by redboost10
arent you part of kings??? why no gforce? cheaper than the v160 and stronger
yes i am part of the Kings Performance but my car is my street car not a dedicated track car and gotta have more than 4 gears

Quick Reply: Transmission?